It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative News (Two-Standards)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Not to bash anyone here, but just want an understanding. I posted a breaking news article about the quake in China and it stayed in the Breaking Alternative News Section.

About a week later, I posted an article about a wildfire in Flordia.

As you can see the quake is not alternative news. I am just wondering why the wildfires got moved and not the quake? Again, not bashing anyone just trying to understand how all of this works...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Strictly speaking, the earthquake in China was not really breaking alternative news as set out by the guidelines of this site, as there were no conspiracies, etc, associated with it, but the massive death toll made it particular enough to warrant it staying in that forum.
A wildfire in Florida isn't really on the same scale. Natural disasters really do tend to belong in breaking general news.

Also, at the bottom of the U2U you received it said to simply reply to the U2U if you had any questions. I would have been pleased to answer any queries.

Original thread in question here: Florida Everglades fire scorches 33,000 acres

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

My apologies. Just wanted to know about how it all works. Honestly I picked that title because I knew people would have looked at it. People probably would not have if I said alternative news.

But, I read the u2 kind of quick and thought it was one of those automated ones that says dont respond.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
No probs. As long as there are no misunderstandings, which is when things really get confusing.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

However, if you had found evidence that the fires were being set to burn in areas where the forclosure rate was high and that there was a reason to think that these fires were an effort to collect insurance money on houses that were likely "right offs" for banks, then you would have had a conspiracy angle.

And as my friend has said, mega disasters tend to remain in place, mostly because they are four pages of interesting comments and reports before they're even found by staff, due to the speed members get into the topic. I am willing to bet that if the New Madrid Fault lets loose with an 8.4, it'll stay in BAN too.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Ok. I understand. I sent it actually happen alot with the bigger disasters. I used mine as an example as to not include anyone else. But, thanks again.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Please don't ever feel offended when your threads get moved from breaking alternative news to breaking general news. I for one have these two forums at the top of my favorite forums list.

Fact of the matter is that in general the news here seems to travel faster than it does with the MSM. Also members seem to bring forth much more detailed information and analysis, including back history and further information than the MSM does.

While the news on the Breaking Alternative News section does seem to garner more attention on the site than General news, both do bring a wealth of great information to us members and is appreciated.

new topics

top topics

join