It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul or Bob Barr?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
As a libertarian-leaning paleoconservative, I'm stumped. Who do I vote for, now that Bob Barr has entered the race as the Libertarian candidate. I haven't had this many voting choices since... I don't even know if we really had much of a choice.

I've looked at both candidates' platforms, and while Ron Paul has a far more developed one, they are virtually identical. I want to ask you all, who is the better candidate, Paul or Barr? The only difference I see is in their party.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Correction, I have found a difference between the two candidates, and I'm quoting someone who posted a comment on YouTube:

1. Drug policy: Barr got defeated for Congress because the Libertarian Party ran ads saying he strongly supported the war on drugs. Many guys would get put in prison for months for simply smoking a joint. This was when Barr was in congress.
2. USA PATRIOT ACT: Barr helped write in, Paul's against it.
3. Gay Marriage: Paul supports civil unions, and slow but ultimate equal rights. Bob Barr co-wrote and fought hard for the "Defense of Marriage" act.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Paul won't be running unless he runs Independant; you all know that.

Barr would still need to win the LP nomination. That is decided this coming Mem. Day Wkend. I anticipate Wayne Root to get the nod; not Barr.

So ya' might want to start looking at others besides Paul or Barr.

And Barr is no different than what we've got in place now. He is just trying to put on a disguise.

[edit on 5/20/2008 by RabbitChaser]

new topics

join