It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Couple More Small EQ's Montana

I also have a pretty good headache right now.

What region are you thinking, damntheptb?

I'm kind of thinking SF Bay area.... haven't had this one yet. Actually, I'm torn between NoCal and SoCal.

[edit on 5/27/08 by kattraxx]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
and pressure in the top right of my head, temples, and behind the bridge of the nose, and a little in the left ear area.

actually the pain i felt earlier has gone away, but there is still pressure there, either behind the bridge of nosE, or just above, but definitly there....

IM THINKING CALIFORNIA FOR SURE, but not sure where, but io believe nor-cal

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Do you think more San Fran or up in Lassen Volcano area. I think we have to keep acheck on them two and LA so keep a check on your body parts, lol j/k

Damntheptb is the wife feeling anything unusual?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well, so far the new EQ's today have been:

Hawaii 2.5
Oregon 2.6
Central California 2.7
Southern California 2.7

www.earthquake-news.net...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

Im defintily thinking SF bay area...
headache is there(pressure), my lower back of head is sore, but with the "foghorn" tone is long and constant, right ear only

oh yeah.... MAY 27 3:33 PM

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50

Damntheptb is the wife feeling anything unusual?

Just drained, like i am feeling, but after a tooooo short vacation and a busy day at work, its expected..... Im never drained or tired more than a day, so if i wake up still feeling drained, than I will list it as a symptom... now i think its just exhaustion....

I still have that feeling of complete sadness inside.... Its weird, and i never feel like this often.... its been months, since i can remember feeling it.. Im still in a great mood, but when i stop doing whatever i am doing, i get a "wave" of sadness..... I cant really explain it better than that.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hi people -- or should I say "fellow sufferers"... I happened on this thread after posting on Dave Rabbit's one about the upcoming interview with Charlotte King. Yes I'm also a "seismic sensitive", though I don't always have the specific symptoms that have been discussed here, like kidney pain and so forth... There could be many reasons for this, not the least being that they might be over-ridden by other "old" conditions I have, related to knee/ankle/name any other joint! trouble and some other stuff I don't need to detail here. The other factor is that I don't live in or near a seismically-active region...I pick up on them from afar, mainly if they are mag 5 or stronger.

These past few days have been pretty bad. Painful. That feeling of "sadness" -- yes, that too... And yes, I understand exactly what you mean by it, because for me this feeling is quite detached from my general mental outlook. It's not depression or even remotely like it. It's as if I am empathically picking up on the feelings of others.

So -- back to the past few days. Oddly, I didn't pick up on the big China quake on May 12 at all. Nothing at a level I noticed against the general "background" hum of aches and pains that accompany most anyone who's been around a half century or longer. It was right out of left field. No, it's what I've been feeling since last Friday (May 23). The feeling of sadness -- of foreboding, if you will -- descended out of nowhere as is its wont and I thought "Uh-ohh...Something pretty major in the seismic line is coming along soon." I wrote to a friend about it on Fri afternoon my time and in the following 24 hours or so there were ten mag. 5 or greater quakes in different parts of the world. (And during that same period there were none of that size in the China quake region. Strange.)

What is bothersome about those quakes and the several others that have followed since is the pattern of their placement. There was a run of them along the western side of the Sth American plate, from way down in sth Chile up to Colombia, then crossing through the Caribbean plate into countries further north. Others occurred on the other side of the sth American plate along the mid-Atlantic ridge. There was also the usual bunch of smaller 5's around Indonesia but that area is so active that you have to take such things as a given there. I'd be more worried if the Indonesian didn't have anything much for a longer period, in fact.

There was also that low-6 mag quake in the Kodiak islands (Alaska), and some others in odd places like south of Australia on the Antarctic plate border. (Query: is the decreasing amount of ice down there a factor? Less billions of tons of ice sitting in one region means less pressure on the land beneath...this could cause things to move...)

By the way if this post is a bit messy I apologize. Still pretty early for me here and haven't had second coffee yet. But I felt the need to touch bases with you all. My own feeling is that something big is still waiting to happen but it's very hard to pinpoint a location yet. I am very concerned about the mentions you have made of a mag 9.5 prediction for China in June... Now I really need more info on this! That is an astounding prediction to make...A mag 9.5 is equal in power to anything this planet has seen within relatively recent recorded history as far as I know. (I believe the Chile quake in 1960 was a mag 9.5.) It is not just half as big again as a 9.0 -- and they are thankfully very rare -- it is multiples more powerful... So for anyone to make such a prediction -- well, that is a major, major concern if they are even remotely accurate. There are only a few places in the world where the tectonics are "right" to produce something that powerful.

However I will say this: I picked up on the pre-quake effects of the "Asian Tsunami" mag 9.0 quake in Dec 2004 and it was the most awful feeling I had ever had in my life, so intense that I couldn't even relate it to "normal" quake activity. Laid me low. This was before the quake struck, as I say. So for all of us who are sensitive, I hate to think of the effects of a 9.5. And I dread the consequences for any people who are within range of its physical effects -- especially if it were within China with its many densely-populated regions.

I'll leave this for now but I'll be glad to exchange info with you all.

Many thanks,

Mike

Edited to fix the worst glitches.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by JustMike]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hi JustMike,

What general location are you from? Maybe everyone is feeling sadness because they are sensing the gross loss of life that will occur if the dams/waterways break in China and the floods that would ensue.

I have been watching the locations also that are normally clear, one word keeps popping in my mind, flip. I'm hoping this is a calming not the precursor for the future flip/ "if"/when it might ever happen.

If something major like a 9.5 is to occur people have to watch the skies not just for the clouds but for UFO's they record everything. If we start getting reports or sightings of the ships and animal movement I say people better take a vacation and get out of town in those area's.

edit to add: I wrote seems calm today then I checked the USGS and almost fell over there are over 17 quakes listed so far today at ground level in verdi-Mogul looks like 2 in Reno, Holy crap I have to get to work and see what I can find.

How is everyone doing are you feeling these?

[edit on 28-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Hi Observe50,

well as my location info below my avatar says, I'm in Prague.

I follow what you are saying about the potential for further disaster in China if one of the big "quake dams" lets go suddenly, before people have moved out. So far, about 160,000 people have been evacuated to higher ground, so we have to give the Chinese authorities credit for taking action to deal with this potential threat... However, I feel this "sadness" could stem from elsewhere -- some other potential event.

My take on it is something like this: although a lot of people are not overtly or consciously aware of the way pre-seismic-event energy changes can affect us, that doesn't mean they are not influenced by them. We all know about the way many animals show behaviour changes pre-quake, but perhaps because humans rationalize things I suspect many people just shrug off feelings of "foreboding" (to put it one way) that they may experience. All the same, anyone with a degree of empathy will still pick up on such feelings from others and I think this is what happens with us -- and it gets combined with what we pick up from the energy changes ourselves.

My own feelings are still not good.Like I say, living where I do I'm not much affected by smaller events but by golly I often feel the precursors to the bigger ones. Also, being "over here" I don't focus in so much on just one smaller region...I look more for inter-connections between events, so that something that happens in South America may have a "domino" effect and be linked to other seismic activity in (say) California, or off the coast of Oregon, or Alaska -- or even the Kurils.

Maybe due to tiredness and difficulty in concentrating** I missed it when I went through the thread, but does anyone have any links to the article that speaks specifically of this 9.5 prediction? Such an event would be so major that I would be glad for any info. I am still at a loss how anyone could predict something like that so far in advance. It doesn't fit with what I know of Geosensology, so what what the method used for the prediction, if there was any method stated?

**Just a note: I hope you understand what I mean about having trouble in concentrating. It's one of my "symptoms" of this sensitivity, along with making heaps of typos that I must then correct, bumping into things, fumbling and dropping things... and of course the aches and pains. The usual load of joy, in other words

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
That feeling of "sadness" -- yes, that too... And yes, I understand exactly what you mean by it, because for me this feeling is quite detached from my general mental outlook. It's not depression or even remotely like it. It's as if I am empathically picking up on the feelings of others.

That is exactly how i feel!!!! empathic..... that is the word I couldnt think of... I am still feeling it today, actually stronger than yesterday.... I dont like it

wELCOME TO THE THREAD, and thanks for your information.... I think there are a lot of factors that can determine what we feel or notice.

The quakes are VERY active last night, I felt most of them, and some of the 1.7 (2) AROUND 4AM SEEMED TO VIBRATE MY HOUSE FOR A FEW SECONDS....
quake.usgs.gov...

I have been clumsy all night, and morning.... i broke 2 coffee cups this morning just trying to get it out of the cupboard, and I fel rested today, compared to yesterday..

[edit on 28-5-2008 by damntheptb]

[edit on 28-5-2008 by damntheptb]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Many thanks for the welcome
Incidentally I found a thread on ATS that talks of the 9.5+ Magnitude quake that is supposed to strike off the coast of China in June. I didn't post there yet...Here feels more comfortable...

I know what you mean about being clumsy and breaking cups etc. It's bothersome. Eating corn helps... (I learned that from Charlotte's site some time back and it's been very helpful...)

These Nevada quakes....This area (Nevada) seems to be having quite a lot of activity lately. It's odd because it's a different system of faults. Makes me wonder about ground-water pressure effects. I don't know though, just wondering.

About this predicted huge China quake. The guy who started that thread eventually posted info that his source says it was reported (in his visions of the event) as a 9.9... If he is right, that would make it the biggest quake in human history, I think and that's very scary indeed. But as for a tsunami, not all big quakes produce them -- or of any size, I mean. It depends on the type of seismic movement involved, so a big tsunami from a sea-bed event is normally only produced when a very large land mass gets uplifted or else it drops. A pretty large lateral movement would not produce the same wave effects.

The Chinese have a pretty long coastline, but for a quake like this with a large tsunami it probably would have to be a region where one plate boundary is running under another. I'll do some research on it...

Meanwhile I'm feeling about the same as previously reported. I guess I'm lucky I don't live in a quake zone because I'd be a mess...

Hope you are managing okay. I mean it. Truly. It must be hard for you...

Mike

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Welcome to the thread, JustMike... wonderful posts.

To echo what you've mentioned about not feeling well, I've just received an e-mail from Charlotte and she says the same, she's not feeling well at all.

As for me, the micro-quakes kept my dogs awake, who kept me awake. Just when we thought it was calming down. I won't be putting my art back up on the walls until after the New Moon. That's what I hate about this fault-- which by the way is in Reno. It's just named the Verdi-Mogul fault. I wish it would just go all ready and stop messing around.

I'm trying to define my symptoms today. I don't get the ear tones like damntheptb (how about you, JustMike?), so I'm relying on the little aches and pains. Again, these aches are where they might've been caused by wrestling with my very strong and determined Siberian the other night when the neighbor's cat got in my yard and didn't have the sense to leave. But what the heck-- I'll say possibly Mexico, the Kuril Islands, Oregon again, and still SF Bay area. How about you, damntheptb, JustMike, anyone--- still getting the SF Bay area? I have a lot of friends there.

quake.usgs.gov... Reno

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
howdy to the new folks to the thread! I know I'm happy to have you along!

ive been having small stomach aches and a sharp pain just below my ribs on the right side. No headaches but I only rarely get them. Im surprised to see another oregon quake. I must have been too busy to notice it. I imagine it takes time to focus on your body and pick out which pains are earthquake pangs and which are just pains of the average person like me.

Tela

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Oh, forgot to mention the Reno symptoms.... gets difficult to separate them all and figure regions.

I guess you're getting them too, damntheptb.

Telafree, I'm glad you mentioned the right rib pain; it confirms mine. Thanks.

[edit on 5/28/08 by kattraxx]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

I still have a ringing in my ears, but it seems to be centered in my head, not left or right.... kind of a hum, constant.... Im feeling a little anxious this morning..... and i havent gotten my coffee yet at work...

I still think bay area also, and I too have family and friends there....

Im real curious now at the reno swarm.... sooooo mellow for a few days, and rumbling all last night... a lot of vibration, not soo much the "thunk", but definitly vibrations, i couldnt get back to sleep after 3 am, and my dog was acting really "hyper" when i left at 7 am

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I know, bumpy night. If you look at the EQ list, there were micros every couple minutes a few times. I notice Telafree mentions Reno symptoms. Have you heard anything about whale beachings in the past 24 hours?

JustMike, I also noticed the pattern of EQ's along the western side of S. America. And how about the evenly spaced pairs on both sides of Central America a few days ago? Also the ones on the Mid-Atlantic range... we should keep an eye on those.

Isn't it odd that California is so quiet through all the recent seismicity?

Can anyone else post a few specific aches and pains, to see if we have a consensus? Anyone having lower back, left side pains?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Just talking to another friend with Mexico symptoms.

Also news articles on whale beachings/behavior.

Editing links.

[edit on 5/28/08 by kattraxx]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Whale beachings/behavior

Perth

Senegal

Florida

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Hi and thank you! About ear tones...I have trouble with my left ear mostly. Right one seems fine. Doctors have never been able to work out why that is. But yes, aches and pains for no apparent physical reason. I am sensitive to weather changes though and we have a pressure change happening now, but all the same the weather has been stable for the past couple of days but the pains are still there.

Locations... If a major seismic event is upcoming soon I feel most concerned for three regions -- and sorry but I can't state my feelings more specifically than "concerned". Japan, especially the southern regions, like Kobe or Takamatsu -- that area mainly...But perhaps off the coast a little ways south. Then over the ocean to Oregon, off the coast from Eugene but bigger than usual 4.5 range that they are known to have there. Then down to California. You asked about the Bay area of Frisco? Well I don't get any specific warning bells ringing and if I did I'd surely tell you. I also have friends there -- including one who used to live with us here in Prague, in fact... No, I'm thinking further south. LA maybe, but perhaps even way down towards San Diego. Yes, Mexico is also possible but mainly in the north-western section of that country. This is because the Gulf of Cal has a fault line running right up the middle. Or should I say, that's why the gulf is there...

On another site I frequent, which is more in the esoteric line generally than ATS, we have a thread going now along the same lines. Several of us there are sensitive to these things and we're sharing knowledge and feelings/symptoms. The general sense of agreement is that something is coming up very soon. I started correspondence with one member (who lives in L.A.) and I passed on a "flash" image I had.

Now some could say this falls outside the range of analyzing pre-quake symptoms so I hope you (and mods) will allow me the leeway to discuss this angle.

This "flash" was just a quick glimpse of a single word. It looked like it was on a sign, just black letters on a dirty-creamy colored background, like place names are on signs I mean. It looked like "Corrego" or something similar. I told him it had three syllables, started "C" ended "O" a had a Spanish feel to it and I was assuming it was in Cal or Mexico.

Well he replied: "I wonder if you're thinking Carillo...that would be congruent with where I'm feeling the slippage on the San Andreas may occur. In fact, that would be almost EXACTLY where I was feeling it would happen. Let's hope that's just coincidence. I'll meditate on it. Leo Carillo would be the full name of the place...vibe with you at all?"

Well it does...So does Calexico but I have a stronger feeling about Leo Carillo. Trouble is, I know so little about California beyond what I pick up on the web MSM news reports. (I don't count "Baywatch" as a source of knowledge beyond the huge catalogue of merchandise it [errm] doesn't really advertise
), so I am not even certain if this is just single place or several. Maps have not been greatly helpful, and my contact is flying out of L.A. today for three week's vacation so he may be out of contact for some days I guess.

Any advice would be welcome. Bearing in mind that this was just a "flash" image and does not have to indicate that it's the epicenter of a major earthquake or any quake at all for that matter, I'd be glad for your input.

Many thanks for your patience with my rather bumbling style of writing,

Mike

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

leo carillo, is a name of a state park in Malibu California... along the coast

Im not sure, but I bet there are faults along that ridgeline

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join