It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many people voting for Obama? A theory.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It's the suit. He wears the same dark suit all the time, at least the top blazer. I've done research on this, image is very important. He keeps a CQ magazine image and he get's all the votes from the ladies. As you know females like a well dressed men and well dressed men get more attention and better paying jobs. In comparison to Hillary who dresses like an old lady. I am not kidding here, in every single appearance Obama is wearing the same coat, with the four buttons on the sleeve. If you don't believe me, just see him in the news and on the internet.

This is the magic suit that's getting him all the votes. I find it very interesting that most people are fooled by his good boy image and care less about the issues. Discuss.

obama.senate.gov...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Maybe he gets more votes simply because he is smarter than certain other people, and that he seem to believe in what he stands for! In my point of view, Clinton is a war monger, Obama is not. People are tired and want peace, even those who doesn't know where the middle east is.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
people vote for him because is the next best candidate they have.

Mccain is facist and clinton is crap.

obama is like a mid-table mediocrity [-West Ham-] and Mccain and clintion are down at the bottom of the table. [-mccain being Reading and clinton Derby County-]

but this is all a show, it doesnt matter who the people choose, the result will be the same because candidates are muppets and the real leaders are behind the scenes.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by CzErased]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
OMG. I am so glad you are my "foe".

Do you seriously believe the things you post?

FYI - As far as the suits, he has discussed it already in response to being labeled an elitist. I'll just let you google it while you rack up many more precious ATS points replying to yet another absurd thread.

Oh how I wish ATS could vote threads up or down just to clear the board of this silliness.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
He gets my vote because he seems intelligent, he's not a Bush, and he's not a Clinton.

Jesse Ventura hit the nail on the head. For the past 20 years, the US has had either a Bush or a Clinton in power. There has only ever been a choice between two parties, and two families. For the past 20 years there's been little, if any choice. If you wanted to vote Republican you could only choose a Bush, and if you wanted to vote Democrat you could only have a Clinton. What's the population now, nearly 300 million? And out you only have a choice between 2 families? 2 families have controlled the country for 20 years?!

Obama is a break from that, and change has to start somewhere.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
He's getting my vote because he is the best candidate, with the best platform, and the best attitude.

Simple enough.

Hillary has shown that she is willing to do or say just about anything to become President.

McCain is just going to be Bush Lite if he becomes president, even if I think he has more sense than Bush by far. But the far right that dominates the GOP won't give him any choice.

Obama, on the other hand, has kept his wits about him, avoided going negative, and supported positions that represent a clean break from the Bush years.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If you do an image search on Obama, you'll see him in several dark suits, shirt sleeves, a tux, a brown suit, a gray suit, a tan suit and shirtless... Hmmm... I can't decide which outfit to vote for... A little help?

Has it occurred to you that people might AGREE with him on the issues?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
THIS is what the year 2015 will be like - after almost 8 years of President Obama.

And no - I dont' think it's the suit that's getting him votes.
It's something much more sinister.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Jedi, for some reason, you support Hillary (at least if I remember correctly.

So I pose the same question to you.

'Why would anyone support Hillary? Maybe because of the pink suit she wears, huh?'

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If bigotry was to be erased for Obama to win the elections he will be a 4 year term president.

But I doubt that he will be allowed to win over Hillary in his own party.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm not voting for Obama, or anyone for that matter, but here's why he's the least of 3 evils....

It looks good for America to have a half-black president with a Muslim name. It just does. All the president is good for, IMO, is a pretty face and a smooth talker to get us support from the rest of the world. Obama wins in this department hands down.

He's charming as hell. Even if you don't like him, you must admit he could sell a poopsicle to a lady in white gloves.

His whole campaign is CHANGE. Yes, I think its cliche and lame, but so are most of the people who are voting anyway. We need change, everyone acknowledges that, and he's claimed the word, good campaign management.

In the end, he's being supported by Oprah, which I hate. Celebrities belong in politics like I belong in the ladies room.. Its awkward and inappropriate. I shouldn't hate HIM for that, but I still do a little bit.

Jedi, dude you are just not right in the head. Either you're sarcastic for sarcasms sake, you actually believe the things you state, or you're just a troll who loves to be hated. Either way....

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Only because he is less of a bottom feeder than the other carps out there. I feel his suit color has little to do with it. He tanked in WV, who would have figured?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Looks pretty great to me, FF! No cancer, health care, no war... I'm in! You've convinced me to vote for him! LOL

(kidding - if I vote for him it will be for my own reasons having to do with his suit.)

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
THIS is what the year 2015 will be like - after almost 8 years of President Obama.

"Jesus Christ???.... Barrack Obama!!!"

Pretty funny stuff there...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I used to study the Female gender with regard to attraction and can tell you sharped dressed man is more enticing to them. However, the guy starting a business in his garage is also highly attractive to women.

Why? The guy in the garage shows he is taking risks and is confident in his potential.

Higher status = Power. The higher status you have, the more women will like you.

They all liked Bill Clinton too, just the same. Bottom line, if you look like you could play a lead role on a Soap Opera, then you're going to get lots of extra special attention from the ladies.

They find the most manly men attractive the third week in their cycle before Ovulation Lol. Obama isn't much of a manly man, so during that third week they would probably find McCain more sexy.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I will vote for Obama, on the off chance that he is not owned by either party, and that they simply could not shut him down like Ron Paul.

We desperately need a President who is not sanctioned and controlled.
If there is a hope to restore American values to this nation, then I would vote for the devil himself. I have nothing to suggest to me that Obama is not a straight shooter. If he is, well that is just a bonus.

I would like to see an Obama / Ron Paul ticket. Now that would be a dream team!

And wouldn't that do more than just a little undermining, by stealing about 10% of the republican partys votes. Virtually guaranteeing the election to Obama. And assuring Obamas conviction to American principles and ideals. It would also break the ice between the partys before he even takes office, empowering the team for positive change.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Obama is every bit as controlled by corporations as any other presidential canidate. The others don't lie about it or use as a campaign theme. Obama does lie to you about this and uses as a campaign theme.

Not too mention, it is probably a good thing that a canidate gets the number of US states right the first time

While several of Obama’s fundraisers have recent experience working as lobbyists, at least 10 other big fundraisers hold senior positions in companies that have lobbyists under contract or employed lobbyists in the last few years, according to public records. Obama is lieing to the people about not accepting lobbyist money. He indeed still is, but more indirectly then before.

Flyersfan, that video was halarious.

For any you that may have missed it (and BigBert loved this one too), check out how Obama does it:

[edit on 19-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
You gave yourself away with the states count thing.
If you cannot tell when someone is making a joke, you either have no sense of humor, or are looking for anything you can shove a shank into!

As I stated, We know quite well what the options are. Dismantle America and sell the pieces of the corpse to the highest bidders, or vote Obama.

Gee let me think about that and get back to you genius!

Were you afraid to post a real clip of Obama's speech, so you had to resort to puppet theater to generate credability?

Let people judge for themselves sock puppet boy.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
you make a great point jet. it's sad that our female population is voting for obama based on ovulation intervals. they like the way he dresses, acts and talks. At work here, middle aged woman are going mad for him. heck, even my sister was fooled by his looks.

there is this show on tv called 12 hearts or something like that. they had 12 latinas, 11 latinos and one black man. the show goes on for about an hour. in the end all of the latinas voted for the black guy. just an observation.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
'Why would anyone support Hillary? Maybe because of the pink suit she wears, huh?'

unlike our young viewers, i don't vote based on looks or personality. Or even a party. I vote for the person. I vote for the person who has better ideas and can express themselves better in a debate. I've watched all of the debates and Hillary won over obama. Obama says nothing that interests me. All he talks about is CHANGE and nothing more. Hillary talks about the issues.

I also think that she's more experienced than obama and does not try to impress people by dressing up as if going out to a club.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join