It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STRANGE LIGHTS video from UNKNOWN313

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hi all,

I was looking at that Derry UFO hoax thread and I notice a post from UNKNOWN313 suggesting that she had had an experience and asking if anyone else was seeing these things.

It was off topic which is what drew my attention to it ... and it seemed like a genuine request for help with something that UNKNOWN313 found to be unexplainable.

Yeah, So something weird is going on, I can't explain. Can anyone help???
I started seeing this "really bright looking sparkly star" aon the 10th of April. I will put it this way 1st I thought a star, then a plane cause I saw some red flashes, then I was confused because it just randomly moved around in the sky. My eyes are really bad so I didn't get to excited about it...Haha Little did I Know. So It keeps coming back every night now at the same time, I watch it for an hour then fall asleep. So, Finally I had to find out what it was. Ummm, yeah I took a video, and I wasn't sure if It would turn out or not cause basically it just looked like a bug. UNTIL...I downloaded the video on my computer, then I had tears running down my face. Not out of fear or anything, but because what I have on video, is unbeleivable and beautiful all it one... Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow. Anyone else seeing stuff?

She did not seem to know how to share her video so I coached her through putting the video onto youtube, which she did. Thank you UNKOWN313!

Video here ...

Watch it on FULL SCREEN and read the description. The lights start appearing at about 0:50 seconds.

I am a complete novice at the analysis of these things, so I offer it to those with more experience to help give some answers.

Why I find this to be credible and worthy of analysis:
1) The genuine nature of UNKNOWN313
2) Her lack of computer literacy and knowledge of youtube takes her out of the serial UFO video poster category
3) She never claims to be a UFO enthusiast.
4) The video is very interesting and other ATS members who have seen it recommended that it be given it's own thread.

At this point, I make no claims as to what the light is in the video. I hope the ATS community can shed some light on it.

I will point out that it reminds me of what an old friend who spent a lot of time in the Australian bush calls "Min Min Lights".

I hope this receives some interest.

P.S. I did not receive permission from UNKNOWN313 to post this. I did ask several times for her to do it but as yet there has been no answer. She has made the video public on youtube. I sincerely apologies to UNKNOWN313 if she does not agree with what I have done, but i hope that she engages in the subsequent debate.

[edit on 12/5/08 by Horza]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is just an observation, but if I had watched this video without any explanation whatsoever, I would be inclined to think that someone had filmed a police stop in a dark rural area from a distance.

Just my impression for whatever it may be worth.....

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I would be inclined to think that someone had filmed a police stop in a dark rural area from a distance.

That had crossed my mind as well, but I notice a green light every now and then.
Emergency lights don't have green in them.

The green light could be an optical illusion.

UNKNOWN313 also says that it moves around randomly in the sky and that she has been watching every night for about a month.

Unfortunately there is nothing in the video to give us any perspective for the lights movement or size.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I can't believe I actually spent five minutes of my life watching
a mostly black box on the screen. I did see a small pinpoint of light
a few times. But without a reference point of any sort, it is impossible
to tell if the light is actually moving, or if it is the camera doing the
moving. Not much to go on here, sorry.

ZOOMER

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Horza I really appreciate you standing up for me, there really are some good people left out there. You can do what ever you want with the information/video alls I am worried about is trying to catch up on some sleep due to a lack of it over this weekend with seeing that crazy thing... Thats exactly what I said about the light to myself as I watched it on the computer, the thing about it looking like a cop car, except I picked up on some green and yellow too. I don't know I can't say anything for sure you know, I know what came up on the computer though after I downloaded from my video. I know unfortunately their are so many hoaxers out there, so I know that people have to doubt my story, that's understandable, I would doubt myself if I didn't see it. My camera is nothing special, so maybe I wil try to borrow a better one to try to capture better footage. I would love to say I would try tonight just to try to answer my own questions sooner, but physically I'm too exauhsted after the big night. I usually go to bed at like 10:30 so pulling an all nighter/the stress of un answered questions, sorta wiped me out. Thank you again Horza. I truly do appreciate your kindness

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thanks ZOOMER,

Can every one please watch this video FULL SCREEN.

Watching on a small screen does make it very hard to come to any conclusions.

I will edit the original post to make this clear.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by UNKNOWN313

Hi UNKNOWN313! ... it's my pleasure to help. I am glad you found this thread.

If I can please ask a favour.

For us to be able to analyse this properly, we need some more information on the nature of the video.

Can you please answer these questions as best you can:

1) Are you in a rural or an urban area?
2) How far is the nearest public road from your house
3) Was the camera stationary or on a tripod when you filmed this light?
4) How far away do you think the light is?
5) How high is this light from the ground?
6) You mentioned that the light appeared regularly for a period of time. Was it always in the same area? Can you describe what this area looks like when it is daytime?

Thanks UNKNOWN313.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My only question:

Why would one be filming an empty, dark sky for some 50+ seconds?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
because with my eyes I saw the object or whatever you want to call it, it was dim at the time , and of course I was trying to capture whatever I could...sorry but I guess all's I can say is s*!% happens.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
UNKOWN313 has posted her own thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I suggest people who are interested go to that one and this thread be locked or removed.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join