It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not-So-Safe-Deposit Boxes: States Seize Citizens Property!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Not-So-Safe-Deposit Boxes: States Seize Citizens Property!!

abcnews.go.com

The 50 U.S. states are holding more than $32 billion worth of unclaimed property that they're supposed to safeguard for their citizens. But a "Good Morning America" investigation found some states aggressively seize property that isn't really unclaimed and then use the money -- your money -- to balance their budgets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.lewrockwell.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
safe deposit boxes censored?

[edit on 5/12/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, claiming someone's lockbox is abandoned because they haven't called the bank in under some cases only 1 year?!! And it only gets worse:

Under PATRIOT Act II, if the government claims an "emergency" it has given itself the "right" to confiscate the contents of any safe deposit box.

Well I know what I'm NOT doing with my precious valuables!!

[edit on 5/12/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
As if I needed more reasons to never move to California. Granted, a bank safe deposit box is the last place I'd ever put anything of any real value.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Wow this is madness....This is why your goods are the safest in your home in a big safe and you have guns in your house. I think as we see in other threads our freedoms and right to property and privacy is gone and has been for a long time. This article disgusts me but doesnt surprise me. They can also take all your gold in an "emergency too" under executive order 6102.....

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The real kicker is..., the Banks make you PAY for the privilege of separating and making available your most valuable items for easy access!

I missed the Patriot Act II article covering this 'right to seizure' does anyone know where they hid it?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
The real kicker is..., the Banks make you PAY for the privilege of separating and making available your most valuable items for easy access!

I missed the Patriot Act II article covering this 'right to seizure' does anyone know where they hid it?

I too had no clue it was in there I would like to know where it is so I can add it to my list of Anti American laws under the patriot act.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons I hate banks in general. I keep ONE free checking account for bill paying and if I need more in it I'll just throw a buck or two in it.all the rest stays with ME in MY house in MY safe. and don't get me started on saftey deposit boxes, why whould you trus anyone but yourself with anything you care about.

top topics

join