It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. CONFIRMS MISSILE STRIKE IN SOMAILA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

U.S. CONFIRMS MISSILE STRIKE IN SOMAILA

NEWS.BBC.CO.UK..." target="_blank" class="postlink">HTTP:

The US military has confirmed that it carried out a pre-dawn missile strike which killed a senior leader of an Islamist militant group in Somalia.

A spokesman said the target of the attack in the town of Dusamareb was an al-Qaeda leader, but would not name him or say whether it had been successful.

The strike hit the home of Aden Hashi Ayro, the military head of al-Shabab, which controls much of Somalia.

At least 10 other people, including another al-Shabab leader, also died.

But local elders have said up to 30 bodies have been recovered from the scene, according to unconfirmed reports.

'Militia leader'

Speaking to reporters on Thursday, the US Central Command confirmed it had attacked al-Qaeda militants in Somalia, but would not say whether it was an air strike nor name the intended target.

"It was an attack. If we say too much then we give away platforms and things that we use," CentCom spokesman Bob Prucha told the Associated Press.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It seems nowhere is off limits.

NEWS.BBC.CO.UK..." target="_blank" class="postlink">HTTP:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Not somalia again... Didn't the americans learn the last time they got there arses kicked there. Oh wait a minute, they did it with a missile and not troops. Well than, I guess they did learn a lesson.

So lets see now, somalia, syria, iran, afghanastan, pakistan. The number of targets is getting bigger.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I Guess you can never have too many battlefronts! I wonder how much this will cost us?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

They just keep pushing and pushing. This can't keep going like this but it will and I don;t know what any of us can do.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This could be the door the US military was looking for to have a base in the area.

AFRICOM comes online end of September. Stuttgart is a long way from Africa.

Africa has untapped resources. And it will - or it will soon will have - a really problematic Islamic movement there that is denying freedoms to the people of east Africa.

The rest is pre-written.

new topics

top topics

join