It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Phoenix Lights Hoaxer Might Be Lying About Hoaxing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Lino is short for Marcellinus.
I hope that helps.
Excellent work so far.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Thanks for the information Anonymous...so Lino is a nickname or shortening of his real first name...gotcha. Sounds like you've been doing some research on your own!

I feel like you're the "Smoking Man" and I am starring in a version of the Ats X-Files
That Avatar kills me for the Anonymous poster...so "ATS"..so fitting...anyway Mr. or Ms. "Smoking Person" lol are you good or evil? J/k, thanks for the info.

Well, about this thread getting attention, actually it's receiving way more views then I ever dreamed it would, so even if people aren't posting they are reading I suppose.

Attention spans are short as well as people's spare time, so I can understand why long threads lose momentum unless there are wackos engaging in verbal sparring mixed throughout, then it's liable to go for 150 pages or more.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hi to the ones still reading who care and want to hear an update...

I spent a few hours this evening googling in the news section "UFOS" "UFO sighting" and a bunch of combos and collecting newspapers from all over the country that have recently printed any stories on UFOs and gathering the e-mail addresses of the writers of these news articles to send the report containing WitnessFromAfar's findings, my e-mail replies from the Fire Marshal and the councilwoman, etc....

I will add these to all the news media addresses I have for Phoenix, and Arizona, along with the politicians from Phoenix and Arizona...I am going to hit all the UFO sites as well that have blogs or newsletters...if anyone else has any ideas of who all else I can e-mail, lay it on me! Any ideas will be appreciated on who all I send the final product to. Thanks all!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Excellent work LateApexer!

I finally got the chance to weigh the sand weight the Balloon lady used to keep the Balloon from flying off. Everyone should remember, that this weight was prepared before I arrived and the Balloon was inflated to maximum capacity. There was a cardboard box of these weights, ready to be attached, and smaller weights for smaller balloons in other boxes.

The weight prepared for the 36inch diameter balloon, weighed in today on the postal scale at .6 lbs.

This is lighter than the Flare itself by .2 lbs.

Just another reason that this alleged hoax seems bunk.

-WFA

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

How about those guys from "UFO Hunters" on the History channel? What better media outlet if you could spark some interest in them and bring it out through their show.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thanks Anonymous for the info re: Marcellinus. I couldn't find his sons myspace! Did it have anything on it that could possibly tie him to a military father? Military Brats tend tend to display some sort of link to military life.

Well, I myself can't find anything other than previous addresses. If the finding on People Search is correct and it it the same Marcellinus, I did find something of interest.

All addresses are in cities that have a major military base.(San Diego, Long Beach, San Francisco etc) Plus, one address is in West Point! (WP is a small city consisting of really nothing more than Military folks in some capacity.(Teachers, students, Vets) And there is also a previous address of his that is (APO New York,NY). Here is definition for this type of address.

What is an APO/FPO address?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Layperson's Guide to Overseas Military Mail
The concept of getting mail overseas to and from military personnel stationed overseas dates back many years. In formalizing this activity, the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) and the Department of Defense (DoD) negotiated an agreement called Overseas Military Mail, which exists to this day. In this agreement addressing schemes, delivery mechanisms and nomenclature were hammered out. Here is how Overseas Military Mail really works

I'm convinced that this Lino fellow is military in some capacity. I will continue to research and update what I find. I've even tried my Genealogy Program with no success.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cromagnum

Great idea on the UFO Hunters, now I just have to find out how to get an e-mail to them

And Cro, APO is a MILITARY address for when soldiers are overseas, I forget what it stands for but I had to ship something to a guy in the service who was overseas ...he had bought something from me off eBay and APO was in the New York Address and he was stationed in Germany....so...BINGO, and good work, he's obviously in the military, you were dead on that one, good job!

As The Plot Thickens

Googled it and here's the definition:

Acronym Definition
APO/FPO Army Post Office / Fleet Post Office

acronyms.thefreedictionary.com...

[edit on 15-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

[edit on 15-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
[Great idea on the UFO Hunters, now I just have to find out how to get an e-mail to them

Hey LA. Here's the email for them:

[email protected]

You may have already found it, but if not....hope that helps. You guys have all rocked on this!!!!

Rush

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Rush you rock! No I hadn't even started to look yet...I was going through the thread pulling out all the points to put in the article/e-mail so thank you thank you for posting that, you rock! And thanks for the kudos

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Awesome work guys!

WFA ----- I have one more suggestion... Since you still or I hope you still have the flare, could you get the fishing line and tie one end securely to something and hang the flare from it by tying it in the middle of the flare and burn it. Record it, get photos. Just to see if the heat alone would burn right through and an estimate as to how long it would take before it did burn through it.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well guys, constant searching hasn't proven anything on my end other than what I stated b4. I've even gone so far as to contact familymemebers who have the ability to search even farther than me. My family has 5 generations West Point Grads so I'm hoping for some kind of positive result. If this witness was indeed a WP grad, he is definately an officer and so it leads some credence to the whole scenario.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
First draft of the investigation "article" and Witness's experiment and it's results etc has been finished and sent to Witness for his opinion/editing. As soon as I get it back, finish it and launch it I will post it here for you all to read

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Good job! How did you get his email address?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Hiyah Cro...wow thanks for all of your help and your great observation in the very beginning that the witness looked military and then your great follow up!!! Have a star for your efforts and a big HUGE thankkkkkkkk you
I put the information you discovered about his old addresses in the article

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Not the "witness" Lino Mailo, I meant WitnessFromAfar, who did the balloon/flare experiment
If I had Lino's e-mail, I'd send him a copy though too of the finished version to see what his reaction was though, so if anyone can find a myspace or e-mail for him, lay it on me lol.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I appreciate the kudos Late! Although, my findings on the witness can't be 100% confirmed. But I'm leaning towards the fact it his him, nothing at this point can confirm it, so that should be stated. But with his name being very obscure and unique, I think that it should be considered strongly. And, if it is really him, there is going to be some serious walls detering us folks from gathering info about him. But all in all, I think you and Witness should be commended most of all!!!!! I'm just trying to help the process.
Thanks again!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hello! Sorry I'm getting a late start today. Happy Friday everyone

I did receive LateApexer's email, and will read the draft at some point this morning. I've got a heavy workload today, but I'll do my best to get to it before lunchtime (I'm on the west coast, America).

Snookhums, you bet I'm going to test it, and I'll make sure to video the entire burn. I'm planning to do it this weekend.

-NOTE Lino Mailo claims a 30 Minute overall sighting in the interview posted earlier in the thread.

So once again, we already know this is busted, since the flares only burn for 15 minutes maximum according to design specification and fuel capacity within the flare cylinder.

But once again, I feel it's proper to illustrate through safe testing just why the hoax is impossible.
So there is no question.

I'm just trying to figure out the best place to do the experiment, can't be indoors due to the magnesium burning, and outdoors I need to find a place where I won't attract too much attention
and can maintain a safe environment.

I'll come up with something

-WFA

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well done all of you! This is the kind of thread I can wrap my arms around. Methodical, logical, detailed and fully documented. In my opinion it is threads such this one that should be the example of what ATS is really all about!

Carry on!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Slight update, I've edited LateApexer's draft, and sent it back

I'm not sure on LA's schedule, so I'll leave it to LA to post an ETA for sending the letter(s) out.

It's a great draft though, even before my editing. Very comprehensive and inclusive, and fair to both sides while insisting on holding the results of our experiment against the hoaxer's claims.

It's the type of letter that is bound not only to get attention in the private offices of Phoenix's news media, but also a letter that could easily be published as an Op-Ed piece in a Sunday paper. My congratulations to LA on a fine piece of work

As for me, I'll get Part 2 of the testing done this weekend (seeing how long it takes for the flare to burn through the fishing line...) and I'll post more when I've got more data

-WFA

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
OK guys. Another update for you! This, is VERY INTERESTING, or at least I find it that way.

MARCELLINUS A MAILO

Service : Navy Service
Component : REGULAR
Pay Grade : E-4
Military Speciality : IC 0000
Home of Record : Unknown
State of Residence : WA

Now, because of the name, I feel more confident this could be our witness since it is not a popular one and on any people search, you only get one hit throughout the country with previous addresses as I stated earlier. My belief is that this was his state of residence at the start of his career and has since moved around in various assignments. This data comes from the DOD.

Here is a link describing what IC stands for and what the responsibilities are for this specialty.
Navy Enlisted Job Descriptions & Qualifications

Now, the problem that I find with all of this is the location he currently is in(Arizona). No Navel bases obviously but could he be working in a different capacity? I'll continue on. Maybe one of you can connect the dots or just flat out disprove that this person is our witness.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join