It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Phoenix Lights Hoaxer Might Be Lying About Hoaxing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

Ah man. I'm gonna be in San Diego in August, guess I'll miss the fun.

Anyway, like I've said in the other threads, the flare story is pure BS, IMO. From the physics, to the lack of interest the authorities have shown in sending a message NOT to start the state on fire and put incoming aircraft in unknown danger.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ok..I read the headline...WTF? What is going on here? Something happens and NO ONE can give a straight answer? Not one person?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

yeah,ever notice why when there is a sighting of a UFO in the news it's only showed once and then they completly drop the subject?

either the government controls the media or these people do not care about the human race and where we stand in the universe.

amazing

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
yeah,ever notice why when there is a sighting of a UFO in the news it's only showed once and then they completly drop the subject?

They drop it after some lame cover-up story full of holes is hatched, and they make a few stupid jokes at the expense of people who believe in ET's and investigate UFO sightings.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
hi highly doubt the phoenix lights football-field-size crafts are alien.

-

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

Well, we can actually prove that the Pentagon has the media on retainer. That is most certainly no secret...It's just one of those truths people don't care to hear about.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I can make 2 comments on this. First, this part of Arizona is constantly under fire warning/restriction because everything is dry as a bone.
Second, a friend told me he heard jets scrambling out of Luke AFB right about the time of the UFO incident.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION

So either they scrambled to intercept or it was a military flyover that stood still for a half hour...Is there anyway he can confirm this for us? Is there more than one person who saw or heard these craft take off?

(Sorry for pelting you with questions.) I'd just like to make sense of this.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
He (Lino Mailo) may not be lying but retracting his story, has anyone considered that?

Like I said before, I and my high school friends would try this sort of thing with party balloons filled with helium and long sparklers or automotive road flares in the 60s. We never got a mention because the nearest airport or large town was over an hour's drive from our farm field launch site, but it looked cool and freaky in the night sky.

The people who want to use physics to disprove this should try it themselves, but I don't personally advocate it.

If Lino Mailo and his neighor ARE responsible, and I believe they are, then admitting to it would be an admission of guilt covered by several FAA rules. They would be admitting to breaking the law and I don't mean misdemeanors either. Any neighbor with knowledge about the stunt could also be charged with felony obstructing of justice.

Under those circumstances I wouldn't admit to anything either. I'd run and hide as well. I'd let people think it was a real UFO than be caught.

As for the Luke AFB flyover, they could have been investigating as well, discovered the balloon hoax, and returned to classify it rather than show up with egg on their faces and a hefty bill for JP4 fuel.

Drawing upon my own personal experience, I know how this hoax could have been perpetrated and stick to my story. As for the 1997 lights, and the big "alien" craft some people claim to have seen, you're on your own.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
So either they scrambled to intercept or it was a military flyover that stood still for a half hour...Is there anyway he can confirm this for us? Is there more than one person who saw or heard these craft take off?

Well, there were multiple witnesses who heard or saw the F-16's take off. But I live right by Luke AFB, and they come and go all night so it's not unusual or something anybody would likely notice. The strange thing is, they said they didn't have any planes in the air at that time.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I heard the jets flying that night. My husband and I commented on how loud the engines were that night. They do a lot of night training runs around our area, so it's not out of the ordinary to hear them in the evenings. But I distinctly remember at about 8:15 or 8:20 hearing the jets and noting the time. So ya, I can attest that the LAFB statement that they had no aircraft in the sky that night is an outright lie.

Thanks for keeping this story alive. It's dead and gone in our media here. I'm glad to see not everyone bought the hoax story.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Wonder what Angelia Joiner says about it.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
All I can really point out from the original video is that it appears as if the top two lights seem to remain the same distance from each other, while the two lower lights do all the moving around. That's a little weird to me, and suggests there to be some solidity to it's structure.............to some degree. No attempt to prove or disprove anything, just a casual observation on my part.

By the way, for our less observant, or simply unwilling members, I'm new here, and would like to say that I'm sure it's nice to "meet you all.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I found a picture chart of how much helium you need and how big the balloons have to be to be able to lift, well like the standard road flare.
science.howstuffworks.com...

So you would probably need a balloon larger than 3 feet to probably lift the flare. Mind you he could have also attached other helium balloons on per a flare.

But yeah if it were a prank, so what. I'm not gonna change my mind that there are no UFO's. They are flying and among with us on higher dimentional planes that we cannot see. The Mayans suggest the year 2012, the Earth and the solar system will go through a dimentional shift to the 5th dimentional plane. Which it will indeed bring a lot of changes, and I mean "A LOT".

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

Are you sure they were FLYING and not doing ENGINE RUNS? Because it is very common for them to do engine runs for very long periods of time.....trust me I know since i live very close to an air force flight line. Are you able to hear and tell the difference? Some can, some cant

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I live in Arizona, and someone in one of my classes knows about the lights, and yes they were flares attached to balloons to clarify. I'm serious.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think the guy if full of it. If it's true that he tied flares to hellum balloons then he is a dumass what a waste of money. My main question is why is he telling now???

out of nowhere back then it was all over the news and many people were talking about it why after so many years he decided to go on tv and say oh ya by the way I hoxed the AZ lights lol.

It makes no sense if I was the one that done it as a hoax I would not go on tv and confess becuse this guy should be facing fed charges for such a thing.

I am sure in the U.S after so many feet in the air of launching anything you have to get a permet and also notifiy the military.

This I know of since I am into rocketry I know the monseter rockets you need permission otherwise you could face fed charges .

So I would think he should be facing charges now since he just confessed on tv.

I bealive it was another attempt for a cover up by the U.S gov I have seen a post on here or another website that a former area51 worker worked on that project and said they had many things go wrong like the anti-gravity generators were haywired they wanted to test the thing in the desert but with the lost of control they floated to the main city of AZ.

So I think in my opinion that this is another attempt. But I can't say for sure.

I have alot of questions to ask this guy to figure out if he is a fake making a cover up or what ever.

I know for a fact for that height where the so called flares are at he should be getting nice fed charges for such an act if not then the gov was involved.

Becuse hobbiest that make and launch model rockets know about the federal laws on how high a rockt can go without a permit and if you exceed that height you need to get a permit and also contact the military to make them aware of such an event.

Thats all I can say that I know since I am a model rocket hobbiest.

Just that fact lets me wounder if this is a cover up??

I know the U.S gov has flying suacers and alot of new tech aircraft since I have about 1,600 of patents on flying saucers some from commercial business and some from military.

But the only thing that really makes me think it's not a hoax is that the guy would be now being questioned by the U.S gov and will face charges if he really did do that balloon scheme.

It's high enough that it needs to have a permit and needs to notifiy the U.S military when doing such things.

There are laws in place for such things so if you tried it and you now brag about it then you should be facing fed charges since it's illegal for such a thing to do.

If you don't bealive me ask any rocket scientist or ask a question in a rocket science board fourm they will tell you.

it dosent' matter if it's balloons/ flares/ rockets/ or you make your own custome aircraft anything that goes to that height needs a permit.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by computerwiz32]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Here is news report on the hoaxer

I don't really buy the flares theory, how many meters of fishing line did he needed for doing that stuff, it's look pretty big in the sky, but i don't know what it could be thought.

By the way, did you spotted the withe light that appear at 2:25 behind the repoerter's head and vanish few second later in the video that i posted? strange!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
that light is an airplane aircraft if you see right before it fades out you can see a strob light flash and then it dissapears into the clouds.

here is a website that does a high altitude helium balloon.

Click Here

Rocket test port got a permit hint hint...

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hi all...thanks for all the people volunteering to recreate the balloons/flares to see if it could be done and if it looks similar to the videos from the April 21st Videos...I can't wait to see the video and the results!!! You all rock.

I found this in depth interview on youtube with Lino Mailo....where he tells how big the balloons were etc

So, what do you all think about his story? I read through all the posts, and someone posted that you'd need a huge balloon to lift the flares...Lino indicates the size of the balloons etc...

[edit on 3-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join