It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warren Buffett says Recession may be worse than feared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
When Warren Buffett speaks everyone listens. It sure doesn't look very good after Warren's public comments.

People can BS themselves but that facts are right there in the open. Warren didn't get wealthy buy BS himself or others.

Warren Buffett says Recession may be worse than thought

"This is not a field of specialty for me, but my general feeling is that the recession will be longer and deeper than most people think," Buffett said. "This will not be short and shallow.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Like he'd be affected at all. People like Buffett have so much padding, he won't lose a bit of sleep if there's a recession. Nice of him to let us know what we're in for, though.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by DamnedDirtyApes]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This isnt about Buffett or how he lives. This is a sad but true commentary by one who knows?

Be sure to keep this story front and center because i swear there are some here (with more knowledge) that will tell you this isnt so.

Although its bad news, someone spoke the truth.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

DG I am glad you see the moral of the story on this one, your right it has absolutely nothing to do with his wealth but how he acquired his wealth.

Warren Buffett is considered very conservative and always spoke the truth, that is why he is so well respected and people have invested with him for over 40 years.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This sounds like insider information. It seems to me Buffett probably also had some knowledge of what was happening on 9/11:

Mr. Buffett was reportedly at his home in Omaha, Nebraska watching TV when he heard about the terrorist attacks. He was getting ready to host his "last annual golf charity event" which just happened to be at the U.S. Strategic Command headquarters located at Offutt Air Force Base in Omaha. Offutt AFB is, coincidentally, where President G. W. Bush flew to on Air Force One later in the day for "safety." This early golf charity event hosted by Mr. Buffett was to include celebrities, professional athletes, and a small group of business leaders in which one of these business leaders became a very lucky person.

killtown.911review.org...

The same Stratcom HQ there at Offutt AFB (a very technologically advanced and critical base for the US military and DoD in general) was used to execute at least the "Global Guardian" war game, one of the war games going on in the air that day that had various personnel confused.

Either way Buffett is certainly no blue collar.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Warren Buffet is George Soros with a Nebrask accent.

He hates George Bush and Republicans.

This site is about looking deeper then the words people say. I bet the poster is not very pro-Bush and probably leans toward a Liberal candidate so they believe that the U.S is going to heck-in-a-handbasket and will look for anything to confirm that.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

you are so right! We are just blind idiots and you...are here to guide the way!
Another one!!
Thank you!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

"Looking deeper" should start with dropping the conservative/liberal drivel. As soon as most people here see anyone posting along the lines of 'liberal this' or 'liberal that' they will tune you out. It's a worthless paradigm that only brings more of the same, because the two parties virtually are the same anymore. They just try to rile you with issues that are really non-issues, to divide you and distract you while making you think you still have a choice and make a difference. There is enough meaningless and trivial bickering when both parties utterly SUCK.

And YES, this is going to be a bad "recession." Not even the Great Messiah George Bush can stop that now.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thread doesnt make sense. The economy grew by 0.7% this last quarter which is not a recession. It is in fact a "slow down" from previous quarters but a recession has to be negative growth and this is still positive.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Thread doesnt make sense. The economy grew by 0.7% this last quarter which is not a recession. It is in fact a "slow down" from previous quarters but a recession has to be negative growth and this is still positive.

Yeah, not only does it have to be negative growth, but it has to be two consecutive quarters of negative growth. Of course we still get a GDP revision which may show we are in one, though jobs growth didn't fall as much as expected today...so who knows. We may not actually be in a recession, but it sure makes for good political jargon for the candidates (mostly the Democrats), and the media can sell the idea very well...I'm not saying our economy isn't in trouble, but currently it looks like we aren't really in a recession as you stated...but it sure helps out the politicians in the running.

top topics

join