It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Giants/ Nephilim accounts may hold some truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
We've all heard the stories of the Nephilim, and the human/ "fallen angel" hybrids of biblical times. However, could they hold any truth? Could giants really be alien/human hybrids? Well, here's some food for thought:

All of you have probably heard of ligers (mostly from Napoleon Dynamite.) "

Imprinted genes may be a factor contributing to liger size.[7] These are genes that may or may not be expressed on the parent they are inherited from, and that occasionally play a role in issues of hybrid growth. For example, in some dog species crosses, genes that are expressed only when maternally-inherited cause the young to grow larger than is typical for either parent species.
-en.wikipedia.org...

This would explain why aliens mating with humans could possibly produce giants. Another interesting thing to notice, is that the biblical accounts detail how MALE Fallen Angels mated with FEMALE humans. Were female aliens not tempted to mate with male humans? Are males REALLY that unattractive? Perhaps they did but nothing came of it. The same way only MALE Lions with FEMALE Tigers can produce ligers.

Here's a video that really captures a liger's incredible size (I'm sure most of you have seen it):
(if video doesn't work here's the link: youtube.com...

Now, I'm just trying to connect some dots, and I'm not a biblical expert by any means... but does anyone know if the Nephilim were able to reproduce among themselves? I believe Ligers can't reproduce unless it's with either another Lion or Tiger... Well, hopefully one of you can make more sense of this.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidU
This would explain why aliens mating with humans could possibly produce giants...

No, it wouldn't. Because you are forgetting two simple facts:

Tigers and Lions are close genetic relatives. Humans and any being from another world are not. It would be impossible for a human-alien mating to produce any offspring.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Assuming aliens exist, no one can say for certain we're not genetically similar. Aliens are usually described as having a similar resemblance to humans. So whether they're an advanced ancient humanoid that stemmed from earth or beings that evolved (or created) in another planet similarly to humans, who's to say.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Assuming aliens exist, no one can say for certain we're not genetically similar. Aliens are usually described as having a similar resemblance to humans. So whether they're an advanced ancient humanoid that stemmed from earth or beings that evolved (or created) in another planet similarly to humans, who's to say.

Well, common sense would say. If there are from a different planet, it would be impossible for there to be any genetic similarity, much less genetic similiarity enough to produce viable offspring.

Similiar appearance does not mean they are genetically related. Both birds and bats have wings, but it does not mean they are related to one another. Convergent evolution could easily account for any similiarities between humans and supposed aliens.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I understand where you're coming from, SaviorComplex, but I don't think it can be 100% ruled out. Sure, maybe it's unlikely that humans would be genetically compatible with an alien, but there's nothing to tell us that it's impossible. If another race evolved similarly, then there could be enough similarities for reproduction. It may be unlikely, but surely not completely impossible.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox
I understand where you're coming from, SaviorComplex, but I don't think it can be 100% ruled out. Sure, maybe it's unlikely that humans would be genetically compatible with an alien, but there's nothing to tell us that it's impossible. If another race evolved similarly, then there could be enough similarities for reproduction. It may be unlikely, but surely not completely impossible.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 100% impossible, no matter how similar we may appear. We are more genetically similar to gila monsters, cacti, and jellyfish than we would be to any being from another world. And we don't see many gila-men running around, do we?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
All this makes me think of is that History repeats itself. Maybe not directly, but with all of the "mythical creatures" in carvings and stories of ancient civilizations could it be possible that this is where those stories came from? Maybe some form of cross breeding species that produced "gods"?

Nah...just ignore me.....having a little fun.

That is seriously one HUGE cat though.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I would like to point out that Nephillim doesn't translate into Giants. in fact, the word giant isn't mentioned once in all of the Hebrew bible. the Hellenist Greeks, when translating the Torah, changed the word into the Creek equivalent of giants. Titans resulted and when further translation occurred into the roman empire titans was replaced by giants.

the direct translation of the word nephillim is "those who have fallen", others say it's "those who were cast down" and still others claim it translates "those with no neck" implying that they're lower/not with God.

I just watched an episode of The Naked Archaeologists where the host, Jabonovich or something like that, tried to find the meaning of the word Nephillim. He concluded that some 40,000 years ago homo sapiens and Neanderthals had sex and created hybrids. i don't necessarily believe that, but i repeat, nephillim does not mean giants in any way what-so-ever.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
what about NBA players?? Some people are 7 feet tall....long and strong too...there are people at different height, weight, muscle, body system.....there has to be something going on there..

[edit on 1-5-2008 by adkchamp]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It all comes down to genetics, and basicicly has nothing to do with anything else.

your asking wheither or not an alien and human DNA could be spliced and a giant be made by it, i highly doubt it, both DNA would be on a basic leval would be non blendable.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
the epic of gilgamesh tells it's readers that an species of greater intelligence spliced their DNA with that of many animals of earth, some successful some not. there's where the myth of centuars and minotaurs, mermaids, etc came about.
when they mixed it with chimp dna they came up with us. boom. or is that the epic of creation? anyway, if it's true then this is the 'fraternization' between aliens and humans that i think the bible refers too.

as for giant sized NBA players, that's not genetic, it's nutrition. My best friend whose 6'6'' comes from a family where nobody is more than 5'8''. why? perhaps it was genetic mutation, but i credit it to the countless bowls of cereal he ate in his youth. milk makes you grow.

i also doubt that he's a hybrid alien.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well, it is definitely physically possible to grow to enormous height so who's to say there wasn't a whole tribe of people long ago who were 2 or 3 feet taller than we are today? It's certainly not impossible.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by TheComte]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Fallen Angels...Hmm. Well I would say perhaps it has something to do with demons? Or what I see might be that we have humanoid creatures that are frequently reported (bigfoot, yeti). I see the idea of giants possible and probable as that would explain why there are none left.

These fallen angels...I wonder. We may never know, but perhaps they are among us...

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidU

You're very intelligent. I'm learning a lot by reading your posts. I believe in scriptures, but I don't know understand all of the prophets, who wrote them.

Do you believe "Goliath" was a descendant of any of those Nephilim?

[edit on 1-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glorious_Ruler
Fallen Angels...Hmm. Well I would say perhaps it has something to do with demons? Or what I see might be that we have humanoid creatures that are frequently reported (bigfoot, yeti). I see the idea of giants possible and probable as that would explain why there are none left.

These fallen angels...I wonder. We may never know, but perhaps they are among us...

Because Torah pertains to the spirituality of human beings, you're very correct in asking if they have something to do with demons. however it's not in your classical red skin, tail, horns and trident sense. In the gospel of Peter he says that the nephillim 'shed their shells'. this means that the nephillim, who were of flesh and blood, rid themselves of their bodies, and therefore exist as spirits. if then, the fraternizing with humans occurred then it would seem that by joining with a human, these 'fallen angels' would turn the human into a sinful creature. is not taking something that's of a kind, mixing it with another, a hybrid? i think that's what the bible is referring to.

as for them being among us, this is all very probable, as spirits don't die of old age.

I'll repeat one more time for all the people that overlooked the other times i've said it. Nephillim, in no way what-so-ever, translates into giant. i don't see the logic behind a NON-GIANT nephillim, and a puny human, spawning a giant. Therefore, Goliath was not a giant in the sense that you guys possibly perceive him. Goliath was very tall, David was not. Goliath was as diesel as Arnold Schwarzenegger was in his prime, and David was not. by all calculations by observers, compared to David, Goliath was a giant. Also, consider the fact that the peoples who recorded the duel between David and Goliath were Jews, who wanted David to win, and when he did, they simply exaggerated the 'size' of his opponent, thus making the future KING of the Jewish people more popular.

Maybe this belongs in a spiritual section of the forum.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidU

Fossil records or it didn't happen.

Don't you see, this thread is worth anything if there was any physical proof in the first place.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well it all depends on whether or not these ET's originated from earth, or more likely, seeded earth a long , long time ago.

If that's the case, I would say there'd be a very good chance at creating an offspring between the two species (if these particular aliens actual seeded the earth), and look nearly identical to humans, like some eyewitness accounts have described.

I don't really believe in this, but I wouldn't be suprise if there is an ET/Mars/Earth connection, and some sort of "seeding" life on this planet, or us actually being ancestors of an ET civilization that used to live on Mars but had to colonize Earth millions of yeras ago, due to some catacilysmic(sp?) event that took place on our original home planet. (Mars?)

On the topic of the Liger, I just saw a show recently on this guy, so it made me think of it. If anyone is not familiar with this unique chimpanzee, or "Humanzee" Oliver, it's definitely a cool, but strange story. He was quite the character from what I could tell from the multiple shows I've seen about him. If you've never seen Oliver, or heard /seen his story, your in for a real treat, that's if the you tube series is even hallfway good. Even if it's halfway good, you'll be in for a treat to see this one of a kind chimp.

en.wikipedia.org...(chimpanzee)

www.youtube.com...

( second link is, part 1 of 6, of a documentary, or some tv show on Oliver, I've never seen this particular one, I'm sure it's interesting though, I'll prolly give it a watch tommorow).

Even the Humanzee titled show I watched on the science channel, there were different conclusions on whether Oliver was just a Chimp with Human features, that somehow just walked upright for his whole life, or if he was a Human/Chimpanzee hybrid.

If I remember right most, but not all of the experts said he was 100% chimpanzee.

And you have to remember that genetically and DNA wise we (humans) are 99.9% identical to chimpanzee's. But still many experts don't believe cross breeding would be possible, and would only yeild humanzee babies with terrible birth defects ect.

But who knows, there is the whole moral issue of it as well. I mean 99.9% is damn near a perfect genetic match. I wouldn't be suprised if it was tried , and done successfully many times, and Oliver was just an escapee from some lab that was doing this.

They said in the show the whole idea came about by one (but most likely more) of the major world powers back in the 80's to try and create a super type of soldier by crossbreading Gorillas and Humans, or Orangutans(sp?) and humans (due to those primates incredible physical strength). They hope they would create a soldier that had the best traits of both, the strength of a gorilla, but the intelligence of a Human.

Only later did they realize it was only Chimpanzees that we're a near perfect genetic match to humans, and that the other pri,ate species developed into thier own seperate branches of evolution, and aren't a suitable match. 99.9%, it's amazing when you think about it. I guess Darwin was right afterall.....

But back to the ET's. If they are from a different solar system than us, and have no lineage connection to us. The chances of them being compatible with us fro makeing a hybrid child are next to none. They most likely wouldn't even be carbon based. So in that regard...I'd have to agree with SavoirComplex.

But if there is a past history history of us and this certain species of ET (which again there's probably a huge amount), and maybe a good half-dozen in our neighborhood of the universe. There would have to be a past connection of common heritage for hybridization between an ET species and Humans for this to work.

UNLESS the aliens are so far ahead in the areas of science and geneology, that they could "make" it work. Maybe that's what all the tests, and probes abductees alwys talk about are for.

I can't think of any reason why they (the ET's) wouldn't want to preserve thier race, and the uniqueness of it, instead of watering it down with hybridization, but again who knows thier motives. We can only hope that whatever they are doing is for everyones best interest. But life lessons seem to have taught me that hope like that will only get you hurt.

Either way, interesting topic, starred and flagged.

Lets just hope that the smarter, most advanced of the ET's are working for the greater good, and have Earth, and it's inhabitants best interests in mind. But I worry sometimes. It seems life, well all the life I have seen on earth is all about self preservation, and conquering newer, larger territories. Lets hope this is not a universal trend.

**Sorry for the huge post, and all the spelling errors that are bound to be in there, I'm pretty tired, and I've yet to find the spellcheck on my new computer. So my apologies in advance.**

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Whereas I don't know about the Nephilim - Angel - Alien connection there are good reasons to believe the hypothesis of historical gigantism may be more factual than not.

There is a reasonably impressive body of research which may be considered to act in support of the idea based upon the interpretation of historical atmospheric composition and its corresponding Oxygen partial pressure.

Basically : High Oxygen partial pressure = Monsters.

If you wish you may check these documents out and connect the appropriate dots.

Atmospheric oxygen and the evolution of insect gigantism

Amphipod gigantism dictated by oxygen availability?

(PDF) Increase in tracheal investment with beetle size supports hypothesis of oxygen limitation on insect gigantism

Reduced oxygen at high altitude limits maximum size

Atmospheric Oxygen, Giant Paleozoic Insects and the evolution of Aerial Locomotor performance

Have Fun.

Absence.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Well I think it is safe to assume that it's not possible. Think about it, as genetically close as we are with primates on this planet, we cannot create a hybrid with one.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidU

Unfortunately this is one of those "what if" conversations involving nothing but wild speculation unless of course someone can provide physical evidence of this???? We already know the answer is that there is no evidence but I'm just saying

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join