It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 25 Censored Stories For 2008: The News That Didn't Make The News!

page: 1

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

www.projectcensored.org

Top 25 Censored Stories for 2008
#1 No Habeas Corpus for “Any Person”
#2 Bush Moves Toward Martial Law
# 3 AFRICOM: US Military Control of Africa’s Resources
# 4 Frenzy of Increasingly Destructive Trade Agreements
#5 Human Traffic Builds US Embassy in Iraq
#6 Operation FALCON Raids
#7 Behind Blackwater Inc.
#8 KIA: The US Neoliberal Invasion of India
#9 Privatization of America’s Infrastructure
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
WHOA...Talk about MUST-READ material...This is one that you might want to forward e-mail to everyone you know. I know I will be doing just that. More media censorship and not covering the things that are affecting, and holding us all down as a species...

# 11 The Scam of “Reconstruction” in Afghanistan
# 12 Another Massacre in Haiti by UN Troops
# 13 Immigrant Roundups to Gain Cheap Labor for US Corporate Giants
# 14 Impunity for US War Criminals
# 15 Toxic Exposure Can Be Transmitted to Future Generations on a “Second Genetic Code”
#16 No Hard Evidence Connecting Bin Laden to 9/11
# 17 Drinking Water Contaminated by Military and Corporations
# 18 Mexico’s Stolen Election
# 19 People’s Movement Challenges Neoliberal Agenda
# 20 Terror Act Against Animal Activists

www.projectcensored.org

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
GREAT FIND! S&F for you (must be boring by now)!

There's so much fodder for threads here it could take months to review it all.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Starred & Flagged

Things EVERYONE needs to know, but right-wingers will decry as fabrications of the fantasy "Left Wing Media"...

Sad that so many people will read this, and think either it's not true, or that it IS true and it's all GOOD and in our best interests....

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I like that site, because every year an ATS member reminds us of it and of what is really going on.

But one of the biggest articles you can find in the archive:

Jimmy Carter and the Trilateral Commission

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Good point. The fact of the matter is that total media and Gov collaberation is taking place-PERIOD.

People need to get past this right wing / left wing crap, as they are all one big giant party now, and the media is their populace control tool---Either by brainwashing and propaganda, or in this case simply BLACKING OUT the most important stories like they don't exist!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

That is certainly a must-read as well...This whole sham of "electorals" being perpetrated upon the naive masses and the media collusion toward painting rosey pictures of these special-interest candidates is enough to leave one sick to their stomach...We are truly living in a world of illusion---Illusion of freedom...Illusion of "choice". None of these people are even CONSIDERED for top gov positions unless they are affiliated with these elitists orgs that TRULY run things.

Sad part is, people are STILL bickering about "party affiliations" and fighting over the little scraps that these elitists flick to us...And that is precisely what they want us to do....Total misdirection.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by TheBandit795

Great find DD. It's articles and references like this that keep me tuned in to this particular forum.

How amazing is it that this is only the "Top 25?" I'm sure that there's easily hundreds more, and even more events that have received absolutely NO coverage.

We do live in a world of illusion. Sadly the illusion is almost complete, and until we can wake up more and more people, the illusion will be never ending.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

Indeed, we do live in total illusion...The Pentagon Propaganda Scandal shows how well the media and gov have collaborated to brainwash and hoodwink the populace at large...The good news about things like that (being exposed) is that it at least creates some awareness, and awakens some people to the reality of how dirty and dishonest our gov, and their puppet mouthpiece MSM outlets truly are. The corruption is total and complete, from top to bottom, and our ignorance, gullibility, and naivity is exactly what they bank on to keep the hoodwinking going.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Just for the record the term "neo-liberalism" is not the same thing as "liberalism"...I know a lot of folks can get that confused just like true conservatives from neo-conservativism...you can look it up but basically neo-liberalism seeks to move sectors from public to private control. A "neo-liberal" would not be in favor of a national blanket healthcare program for everyone, whereas most "liberals" would be.

I had to look up the term, because it so rarely used. Hope this helps if you were like me and left a bit in the dust of confusion...

sky

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

BIG Star and Flag, I expect great threads like this from you, DD; but I
don't take them for granted!

I WILL email it to all of my AWAKE family & friends; the rest seem to be
happy in a sleeping cocoon, where the gov. is always doing it's best for us,
and the news is really true, and no-one wants to control them, and they
continue consumption in a nifty little world!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
You, my friend, got my first star! Let's see so far from the list of titles, I'm aware of:

and maybe

#16 No Hard Evidence Connecting Bin Laden to 9/11
# 18 Mexico’s Stolen Election

But the remaining articles I will read later on.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I stared and flagged this also. I believe that we live in a society that governs what we think through the MSM. The true news is concealed from us as to bend our minds into the fantasy of “their” world. And for the most part, it works. Glad to see that we can get articles and references from alternate and accurate sources bypassing what we know to be “only what we need to hear” MSM propaganda.

Thanks for this thread. Very informative!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Great Find It just goes to show what is happening around us all the time. The media & all goverements keep hiding & hiding the truth.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
So where are all the conservatives to tell us about how this is all just liberal media crap? LOL

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Is the NAFTA super-highway on there?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Ah yes, the newest set of news that did not make news.

I remember posting this story last year.

Interesting information.

Let us compare;

Top 25 Censored Stories of 2007

So - is the world getting better or worse?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

www.projectcensored.org

Top 25 Censored Stories for 2008
# 3 AFRICOM: US Military Control of Africa’s Resources
# 4 Frenzy of Increasingly Destructive Trade Agreements
#5 Human Traffic Builds US Embassy in Iraq
#6 Operation FALCON Raids
#7 Behind Blackwater Inc.
#8 KIA: The US Neoliberal Invasion of India
#9 Privatization of America’s Infrastructure

Umm, I am not intending to pour water on your excitement, but that list has been on that site for around one year, and all the stories date to a year earlier. I put that list in Nexus every year, and this list appeared in an issue around a year ago.

I am happy that you are all excited about this site and its annual list, but for a bunch of seemingly interested infomaniacs, it would seem that not many of you look outside the loop very much.

peace

Duncan

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Ah yes, the newest set of news that did not make news.

I remember posting this story last year.

Interesting information.

Let us compare;

Top 25 Censored Stories of 2007

So - is the world getting better or worse?

This what really p****s me right off..

top 25 censored stories of 2007

#1 Future of Internet Debate Ignored by Media
#2 Halliburton Charged with Selling Nuclear Technologies to Iran ******
#3 Oceans of the World in Extreme Danger
#4 Hunger and Homelessness Increasing in the US
#5 High-Tech Genocide in Congo
#6 Federal Whistleblower Protection in Jeopardy
#7 US Operatives Torture Detainees to Death in Afghanistan and Iraq
#8 Pentagon Exempt from Freedom of Information Act
#9 The World Bank Funds Israel-Palestine Wall
#10 Expanded Air War in Iraq Kills More Civilians

You can see by the Halliburton story at #2 that there has always been a plan to attack Iran, and they are being set up by the USA to receive the arsenal of smart bombs already set aside, why are the directors of this company not in prison for treason? we all know who they are right?

this world is so so so messed up, and led by a bunch of braindead dicks, and what do we do? we sit and suck our thumbs and let them get away with it, shame on us.

Sometime in the future i can see books being written about how the people of earth stood by and let the evil leaders do what they liked, this is worse than Hitler in the 30's at least some people stood up and fought back, granted they died in the process, but they at least tried.

WE DESERVE EVERYTHING WE GET... we really do, we deserve to be slaughtered for what we allow to go on. what do you think we would be hearing about on the news today if Iran had taken American and British diplomats hostage? all out war thats what.

I apologise to the people of Zimbabwe and Burma with all my heart, it is us who have done this to you, we voted them in.

[edit on 6/6/2008 by azzllin]

top topics

join