It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Good News Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Time to counter our bad-news-culture, time to stop parroting the negative mainstream.

Tired of all the bad-news you are spoon fed by the mass-media? Tired of "journalism" zooming in on everything ugly, atrocious and evil while ignoring all parts of the world that are good, healthy, inspiring?

So you come to all these "alternative" websites and find much of the same...people defining "news" as anything bad or scandalous and looking for whatever is wrong.

The purpose? To keep people in fear and hate, away from strength, goodness and beauty.

This thread is for everyone who wants to balance all the negativity with good news. For anybody who wants to read good news. For anybody who wants to post good news. For anybody who wants to spread good news.

Bad news is defined as off-topic and can be posted to the many other forums here. Cynics may also post elsewhere.

This thread is about good news only...from every part of life or part of the globe. To provide a real alternative to the negative brainwashing and dumbing down of our world by the mass-media.

I will start out with a few examples of good news and find the time to add to this thread as time goes by. Looking forward to your additions (Please try to add mainly current news items).

Some examples of good news:

North Korea shuts down its main nuclear plant

U.S. Cancer Death Rates continue to Fall

Examples of Good News Today:

Senate Legistlation protects consumers from discrimantion based on genetic testing

Brazil to bring safety and dignity to slums

Student "twitters" his way out of egyptian jail

So lets strengthen this world by honouring its heroes and the good guys instead of giving the bad guys all the media-attention.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I've just found this thread. Let's get this show rolling people! I will see if I can find some good news articles in the near future.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Great idea for a thread Skyfloating

Here's some I found

High demand, price of rice good news to US farmers
ap.google.com...

Hmm well, in about 15 searches that was the only good news I could find
But hey at least I tried.

Edited to point out that the thread right under this one is "Life is Depressing" under the recent posts button

[edit on 11-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
North Korea has had covert Nuclear operations and facilities for years now. The main Nuke plant isn't their covert Nuclear centers.

Shut those down, and that will be some good news to count on.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sorry, I cannot get into the idea for this thread. It's not that good news doesn't exist, it's just that it seems that good news is either propaganda, or has an ulterior motive for which they aren't telling us.

An example would be that you can get a free toaster when you open a bank account. You know it isn't free, you will pay for it in fees.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Ben, good things do happen in the world. You just have to pay attention to them and you will find them. Our negative mindset and beliefs that we were brought up with, causes us to think that when some things sound too good to be true, they probably are. That's just a belief.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread.

It may be silly, but to me, it's huge - I have A LOT of bees in my yard this year. This makes me very happy and after reading all the doom and gloom about bee colonies, I consider it to be very good news.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

It is my personal belief that the very focus of mass-media and "alternative-media" on the negative IS THE CONSPIRACY ITSELF.

This was confirmed when I noticed this thread wasnt going anywhere....zero replies after 5 days...people are too brainwashed to see that light in the world.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well, if we're supposed to report articles we've found in the news that are good news it's not really our fault if there aren't any haha.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
wow, interesting idea and i will give the good news a strong try. i like the idea very much. i wonder if the news attempted to enlighten itself would the watching world follow to?Sounds tasty i'll bite !
as soon as ive got some

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Just found this thread, excellent idea, i still fail to see why everyone expects the news to be bad and anything else that doesnt fit that is not 'news'.

So much negative, draining energy read and put out there daily, it has to be balanced, so when i get more time or come across some good news il be sure to post here. We need to counter this as much as possible.

Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

top topics

join