It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOL so i came clean to a couple buddies....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Ok so me and 2 buddies who i usually hang out with were just sitting around *SNIP*. Now my friends almost no matter who they are always think of me as a scary/borderline insane kinda kid although i am always polite cheery n junk its just kinda they way people usually see me right.

I forgot who started the conversation but somehow the questions about life/death, E.T's, government and all that stuff came up. My buddy prolly thought he would get the usually answers and junk but me having been checking out this board for a very long time now (what i consider along time)...im 17.

I started spilling out alot of this information i dont think they could understand and were giving me odd looks and kind of laughing...even though i was laughing harder at them on the inside =P.

They kept insisting that everything i read on the internet isnt real and its all i quote ''garbage''. This troubles me so much cause i was putting out real information and telling them how are you suppose to know whats out there if you never poke your head outa the hole right?

My first buddy id say is a pretty ''rednecky'' time kid though and just said why would even want to know anything that you dont have to know...
That comment actually left my mind kind of boggled.

By around the end of the conversation of them doing nuthing but denying all of it i finally got around to mentioning Egypt and the pyramids. This seemed to hit more home to them for some reason even though i wasnt talking about the pyramids themselves but more the art, scripture, writings and all that junk even though i was using more examples from diff cultures aswell theyll never know that.

This is where my other buddy started to get offensive and start to back out of the conversation almost afraid of being convinced about what I really know.

I dropped the subject there as i was tired from being high and talking for so long....they sat kinda stunned for a few mins as i think there minds were blown

P.S..i found the whole experience pretty funny as i now know how ignorant the masses truly are. O im still there buddy they just wont be bringing up aliens any time soon

Mod edit-Please Read: Terms and Conditions

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden.

[edit on 4/22/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Ya my family thinks I'm nuts because i talk about all this conspiracy stuff to them alot. On a positive note i did get my mom to watch the National Press Club video and Loose change.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
People are generally ignorant, arrogant, and close-minded. Not exactly everyone, but the public in general. I really can't wait for the day that such people have to eat their words and change their ways of thinking. I hope that day does come and I hope it's soon!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well done for "coming out" as it were. Don't worry about what people think of you,just be you. Your opinions are you own. Nobody can take them from you if you don't let them.

Some people think it's somehow more of a valid idea,to think that were alone in this vast space we live in. They are wrong,it is a far more plausable idea to think that the universe is teaming with life. We know how our sun was made,and how the planets formed around it. This is in no way unusual. I think that there will be planets around nearly every sun,if not all of them. To think we're the only planet with life on it,well,it's plain ignorant. (IMO)

I'm always getting laughed at for some of my kerazy theories.(I'm 30,I've grown thick skin) I don't mind though,laughter is good for the soul
I laugh back,make a joke of it,and then end with something like "yes,and then 200 or so people in 16th century Nurenburg all see a dog fight in the sky with strange craft,,'ang on a tic,they didn't have planes back then,they must of all been bonkers too" with a nod and a wink.

maybe one day they'll get freaked out by something in the sky. And they'll turn to you for advice. Then you can feel all superior inside

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I agree with the above posting, 'Well done in coming out'.

My family, when they still lived with me, thought that
some of the stuff, especially the files I kept, were a little
'far-out'.

My girlfriend Moira, believed like me that the aliens are
already among us and though she was little more dominant
than me, she wanted to fight 'em.

I think that the Government is pretty ignorant about this
stuff and tend to ignore it, instead, they focus on the bigger
ideas, like striving for peace around the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidKid

Hey there and well done you,

Acidattack hit the nail on the head.

17 may not be considered very old in the physical sense but it sounds like you put a good effort forward in an intelligent way. Your friends may have shyed away from the information you gave them at the time but at least they have it stored away now and will be able to draw on it in the future when the need arises.

Woody.

new topics

top topics

join