It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO or Stars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hi there,
This is my first post about UFO's, and let me start to say: I'm pretty skeptic about UFO's. I've never seen one and I heavely doubt people who say they did, not to mention people that were obducted by such things.

But, yesterday I witnessed something strange that made me feel pretty insecure...

It was around 10.55 in the evening and i was about to walk the dog. When I stepped out the door, i watched the sky on my right (I always do so) and I noticed a lot of small lights near the moon. At first I though it were just stars, but when i looked to the left, there were no stars (lights) at all!
My dog acted different then he usually does. He looked kinda scared (tail between his legs and ears flat on his head) and didn't want to go to the right (the side of the lights) while this is de side we usually walk. When my dog was sniffing something I stared to the lights and it looked like they were moving real slow. I started to think that it were simply planes, but it were too many and it were simply bright lights and didn't have any flashing light like planes have.
When i completed my walk around a building (a 10 minute walk) the lights were gone and all i could see was the bright light of the moon and a pitchblack sky.

Now, i really can't think of someone else.
What did I see?
Were it simple stars? Or did I see something UFO related?

Again, I am really skeptic about this subject, but i figured: if i've seen something, you guy (or girls) can certainly tell me.
And if i didn't, you could as well, cause your familiar with situaties that were mistaken for UFO's and UFO related events.

Please anwser: what did i see?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Its more than likely that you saw a satellite passing over head or even a high flying plane.

There are more than enough sites that let you track where and when things pass over your head, probably bet to use those to research what might have been passing by at your location/time and then get back to us

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
A sat, maybe, but you said you saw multiple? How many? Were they stationary or moving? What color, if any? Bright as or brighter than most stars?

If more than 2 or 3, then likely UFO - Orbs.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It wasn't a high flying plane, i'm sure about that.
It just looked like a regular evening sky with stars, except the stars only were at one side of the skye and seemed to move very slowly.
If it were a plane, it would have been up to 50 planes in total. Though planes fly by here regulary, i've never seem around 50 at the same time.
And planes doesn't look like stars (at least not in my opinion).

I doesn't believe in a satelite as well because (again) it looked like a regular evening sky.

About the location and time:
It was around 10.45 in the evening (i guess thats AM), or 22.45 in a 24-hour clock.
The location was my hometown Utrecht, in the Netherlands.
I guess this doesn't make it easier though.

Though i'm still confused, i appreciate your reaction freaky

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I couldn't tell a satellite if I saw one.

I have seen a large bright disc most likely Jupiter in one spot for a few
minutes.

I've seen those high fliers sparking away leaving a trail that are
triangle UFOs.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If it was a satellite, you wouldn't have seen it (or them) so close to the moon as the moonlightwould obscure them. You would be lucky to see a satellite at that time in April as they are mostly visible within the couple of hours after sundown. By 10pm-11pm the sun would have been in the wrong position to illuminate most satellites bright enough to be seen in such close proximity to the moon.

I believe that you know what a plane would look like so I will rule that out.. so what does that leave? This is where other peoples ideas come in.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Posting a simple paint diagram could help people understand exactly what you said in relation to the moon.

However, if the moon was full and/or bright enough, looking at it then looking the other way as you say you have could cause your pupils to adjust enough so that you wouldnt have been able to see the starts against the dark sky anyways.

As for your dog, well... Many things spook dogs, depending on what sort of environment you live in. My dogs bark all night long... drives me nuts.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
First of all: thanks for the reaction! I'm glad people try to help me!

Let me describe what i saw one more time:

Imagine an ordinary evening were you can see the moon and the stars in the bright sky. That's exactly what i saw except for the stars were only around the moon and moving real slow (like a plane). In the rest of the sky, there were no stars at all.
I started to think that it became through heavy clouds, but that wasn't the case because i stared to the sky for a long time and the "stars" seem to fly away real slow. Again, i know for sure it were no planes, because it were way too many at such a small space.

new topics

top topics

join