It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting a Dream ESP Experiment with "The Grateful Dead"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
THis is an experiment that took place back in the 70's. I t hought it would be something that you guys would want to at least read about. I cut and pasted a few of the important details and the link at the end of the post takes you to a full article about the whole experience. I find it very interesting and wanted to share..

The band “The Grateful Dead” has become well-known throughout the decades for its classic rock sound and concerts at Winterland, with its status and recognition becoming even more elevated with the passing of band member Jerry Garcia. Probably less known about The Grateful Dead is that the band had once participated in a dream ESP experiment in the early 1970s.

The dream ESP experiment with The Grateful Dead was among those contained in the database that Child looked at. The purpose of that particular experiment was to look at how the dream ESP experience of the receiver was affected if the number of senders was multiplied by about 2,000. In other words, would dream ESP improve if more than one sender was used; in this case, nearly 2,000 senders? The band members of The Grateful Dead, having visited the Maimonides sleep lab and learned about the dream ESP research going on there, agreed to try a dream ESP experiment with their audience during a series of six concerts they were giving in early 1971 (Krippner, Honorton, & Ullman, 1973).

The experiment was focused on dream telepathy, with the senders being the audience of “Deadheads” and the receiver being English psychic subject Malcolm Bessent, who had scored well in previous ESP experiments, particularly in those testing for precognition. Each night in the sleep lab at Maimonides, Bessent would go to bed early so that he would be asleep by 11:30 PM, when the experiment would begin. At that same time, the audience in attendance at The Grateful Dead concert would be shown a series of six slides that were being projected onto a large screen above the stage.

click on the link to read the whole article and find out more.

A Dream ESP Experiement with the Grateful Dead

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
interesting stuff. some more links

dozin.com...

and the set list and streaming show

www.archive.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
OOOOH< I can't wait to hear the show!

Thanks for the link to it Crakeur. I didnt even think to look for it on archive.org.

Tela

PS. I can't see the page now, it says that its 'too busy'. I wonder if thats from your link.

[edit on 4/29/2008 by Telafree]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
it was working before. I was going to listen to it but I figured I'd wait until I wasn't going to be interrupted by pesky clients.

working now

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
working for me too! I can't wait to hear this show.

Thanks again for the link!

Tela

new topics

top topics

join