It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Tells China: Talk To Dalai Lama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Bush Tells China: Talk To Dalai Lama

news.sky.com

President Bush has urged China to begin a dialogue with the Dalai Lama. The US leader's comments come as security is stepped up in preparation for massive demonstrations expected to hit the Olympic torch relay later today.

"We both agreed that it would stand the Chinese government in good stead if they would begin a dialogue with the representatives of the Dalai Lama," Bush said after meeting the Singapore senior minister Goh Chok Tong.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It’s about time Bush stood up and said something to China, although he is still planning on going to the games.

Lets hope this might get them talking to the Dalai Lama, and maybe, just maybe. It might help Tibet

Mikey

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Too little.
America relies on China's man power as it does mid-east oil. The President's hands are tied, I'm supriesed he's even done this much.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RicktheSwinger

Yes, I agree it’s definitely very little, and there is a lot more he can do. But as with most leaders of the western countries they are too afraid to upset relations with China. Our Australian Prime Minister is against a boycott, but today in China commented on saying that they should try resolve Tibet, the Chinese government have now put in a complaint against him?

So it won’t surprise me if they even get upset a Bush “telling them what to do”, the Chinese Government doesn’t seem to like the opinions of other leaders when it doesn’t suit them.

Mikey

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Bush said something coherent?

The Dali is backed up against a wall. I hope he can come up with something but even his people want a replacement. He is not a warrior and cannot hurt a fly.

My heart breaks.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

The Dali is backed up against a wall. I hope he can come up with something but even his people want a replacement. He is not a warrior and cannot hurt a fly.

Dali Lama is not a warrior, he is a teacher. Dali Lama is Dali Lama.... the incarnation of Tulku. He will be replaced in the net incarnation....after he dies. Dali Lama isn't an elected position that people can wish to have a replacement.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Originally posted by Mikey84

Our Australian Prime Minister is against a boycott, but today in China commented on saying that they should try resolve Tibet, the Chinese government have now put in a complaint against him?

Not only did Kevin Rudd give his opinion but also he delivered it to the in their own language. yes poor china went crying about it, like the insecure country that it is. They just keep digging them self’s into a bigger hole.

A medal should go around this man's neck

And a noose around his

I see them as the joke of the word. They never did get over TANK MAN. And let us not forget that they often shoot their own people in the back of the head. And guess where they perform this? In STADIUMS!
‘Every year, several thousand Chinese are executed in public, often in stadiums, by means of a bullet in the back of the neck or lethal injection.’ www.rsf.org...

top topics

join