It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you disappeared?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hello,

I have been a member here for less than a year, and in “READ –ONLY” status for a little while longer than that.

I have a question for people that have been around here for longer than I.

I have read many threads from people that were giving/seeking info on one of many “sensitive” topics and I have read where some people feel their phone is tapped – white/black vans are hanging around their homes / businesses – black helis are following them.

Here is my question ,and this should be a pretty easy one to research and answer, has any long standing member ever actually “disappeared” and abruptly stopped posting one day with no warning of leaving?

This should answer the question of “will the government / secret agency “disappear” me if I get to close to the truth.

Thanks for the help,

Dorian Soran

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Dorian Soran]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A very good question which I look forward to reading the answer to

Most likely some people will accept a threat and stop posting
Some people will meet unfortunate ends in car crashes etc, sometimes with or without other peoples involvement
Others may just have wandered off, or have had their internet severely limited by their employer/school as theyre supposed ot be working

You get a S&F for this one as I look forward to the answer!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thanks Mark,

I too look forward to the responses of this thread.

I think it will be interesting if some members will search their "databanks" and see if they can come up with something.

Dorian Soran

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
contact the FBI, for the most part if you call them they have agents that answer the phone and you can explain to them the conspiracy that you have encountered. That is what the FBI does, they are one of the few law enforcement agencies that deal with government coverups and the military.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So I am supposed to call the FBI and ask them if any long standing member of ATS has disappeared?

Thanks, but I would rather rely on the board here to answer that question.

By the look of responses I would say the answer to my question is NO.

From what I can tell, no one here has ever disappeared for what they think or post or say.

So all the black helis and white vans following you...its in your head...or maybe the FBI should tell me that.

Thanks.

Dorian SOran

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I've been posting on this site for little more than a month, and haven't been reading it for much more than that. However--and I'll make this quick--sometimes people just die, suddenly. Yes it does happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Many people have claimed that they were threatened by unidentified government agents... but it always seems to be a bunch of BS. They always stumble over there own facts, and it always ends up being false. There have been hundreds of times that people have just stopped posting in the middle of a thread regardless of its nature. Most of the time you just have to assume they got run off by some of ATS' less than polite members. So yes, some people seem to disappear, but there has never been a time where I thought there was something sinister behind it.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

has any long standing member ever actually “disappeared” and abruptly stopped posting one day with no warning of leaving?

This should answer the question of “will the government / secret agency “d

I don't think it would really answer anything...

Not only can people die (yes, suddenly), as somebody else said, but there are any number of reasons why people can stop posting here (or anywhere) - not necessarily sinister ones.

Besides, not all of us here are US citizens and/or residents.
(I am assuming that by "government" you meant the USA government?)

If anyone would REALLY want to "get you"... they would get you, worry not.
Literally: don't worry.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Im with some of the above posts. having been a member for quite some time and then taking a break and coming back. alot of new members are great, but there are a few who come here expecting only nuts to be here and start posting mean things and or BS lies and sadly it degrades the quality of the site. but those true to the cause always bring it back to its glory.

to address your question in the op though. the only way i see the government being responsible for any memeber disappericnes directly related to this site and not them being arrested for drugs, violent crimes or any number of other offences that require one to do alittle time in the big house. is if one of the members that claim to work at some secret government office such as area 51 ect. really do or did work for said agencys and were discloseing some highly gaurded secrets that good old uncle sam wasnt ready for us to know. that is the only way i see a situation that your op raises actually happening.

[edit on 15pmu122007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There must be some who died, and possibly you know what. I doubt reallly sensitive info is placed too much on this site, and if it is, they have ways of just rubbishing the truth.

Just keep telling the truth.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
To condense all the BS...

Thier saying simply.. They don't know

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If they have disappeared how are they going to answer your question. The best answer you can get is yeah I decided to lay low for a while and then came back. If someone had been snatched up because of ATS post. I am sure they would be hesitant to come back much less answer your question.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I've seen members suddenly disappear, sure.
However, their views were all over the ATS map, so I don't think you can say it was because of anything like government influence, and more just leaving the site for one reason another.
Nydgan was a member who's post's I always enjoyed, never saw a post on why he left.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Nydgan was a member who's post's I always enjoyed, never saw a post on why he left.

I remember seeing him around here back in the days before I joined ( yes I was a lurker haha )

I had forgotten about him until now - maybe the NWO took him - or maybe he just got tired of ATS ( as hard as that seems ) - maybe he burned out - or maybe he was reincarnated as another memeber - hmmm - makes ya wonder.

My guess he is being held at area 51 - OK maybe not.

Dorian Soran

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
When I take a break from ATS, its usually for over a month. Sometimes all this crap just burns you out. I can imagine one day just becoming a lurker again, as many of my more thoughtful posts are ignored to focus on the drivel that piles up on this forum.

I think the conspiracy being focused on here is one of the reasons I need a break from this place so often. Yes, things aren't always what they seem, but most often times, they are. People want very badly for nefarious things to be happening around them for some reason, it isn't a good vibe.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

From his posts, I'm pretty sure he got burnt out. He spent a lot of time going over the same topics again and again.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Been here a little over a year I guess. If it was up to me I never would have found this web-site. I was doing some personal research on The League Of Shadows from Batman. Then on reading the post, the writer said the league was not only real, but that he or she was a member.

First instinct..This is my kind of place. I figured uncensored dillusion of this magnitude had to be illegal. So I started posting. Immediately. Didnt want to polute my experience by trying to figure it out beforehand. Just tried to approach it as any fish on the line would do. Try to get loose.

After reading a post here on Cleverbot, I realized thats pretty much all ATS is, CLeverbot with a different interface. Still only a machine. Created by people, so in its design...far from perfect.

Also If there are people who actually believe that they are a member of a comic book vigilante group, then whats the possibility of the same dillusion just a whole lot more sick. Things that deserve no further description.

And being the ever so curious type that I am..I have set out to find and expose to the world... the Truth behind the truth. da ta da da, with my cape flying in the wind like a banner of freedom I will be a beacon in this storm of lies that threatens us all.
I did not choose this path , nonetheless it has been placed before me.

Unless Im to afraid and decide to take the dark path of trickery and deceipt. Or Using what little intelligence that I have for the accumulation of wealth, or the bashing of others.

Hopefully my stupidity can be used in some way. If I do turn up dead as a result of ATS (which really wont be due to ATS) I want my ashes to be put in a bucket of floor wax at some federal institution, ATF, CIA, FBI, DEA, DOJ ,AFOSI, CID, Secret Service, or NASA. (It has to be done legally with a ceremony and everything, kind of like the type of memorial service a developmentally disabled
towel boy from a highschool football team would get.)

[edit on 22-2-2010 by psyko45]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, nearly 2 years since I created this thread and I am still here. I almost forgot about this thread until it was brought back to life by psyko45 ( thanks! )

I have noticed a few members vanishing from time to time - however they always seem come back ( I am sure there are a few here that wish I would just vanish - haha )

So I guess our little corner of the internet mind isn't monitored or enforced heavily by the powers that be. No enemy of the state here.

Dorian Soran

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm guessing some get bored with it and just leave. With alot of the same stuff being rehashed over and over, posts full of histrionics and little to no research, and a severe lack of use of the search function, i feel that way at times.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I hate to say it and I am sure many will disagree but I see one of two things happening here

1. People are over paranoid or just plain lying when they talk about how the gov or the black helicopter folk have ruined their life

2. The government really is watching and laughing at how far off we are on our outrageous claims

I think people take themselves too seriously...here and IRL

all IMO of course so please don't take offense

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join