It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm moving to a haunted Priory (need help)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
My family are moving to an 800 year old Priory in England. It has rikety floors, steep stairs case, pitch dark corners seragated by long curtains with no lighting installed upstairs. Due to my dogs age she will not be able to go upstairs to comfort me in the night.

I have been able to see and sense ghosts since I was little and I really like the house but everytime I visit I get headaches and smell fousty dust and onone else can. I also get bad vibes from one of the bedrooms and upstairs toilet. When I first visited it the first thing the estate agent said was "I didn't close these doors" , I went off to explore for myself behind one of the dark curtains and felt something stroke my leg.

We need to be out our current house by April 14th or we lose our buyers so we are pretty much stuck with the Priory. We cannot loose these buyers as anytime soon house prices are going to plumet and we will lose about £40,000.

That is why I want some help and advice for ways of protecting myself against these spirits- I am really scarred it is going to screw me up. Does anyone have any tips for what todo when encountering one as usually I just freak out and runaway D :

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
First congrats on a new place

I'll trade you places any day

now to the problem:

any how you can try to go with the feelings the first night, sorta ( stay all night and find out how you feel the next morning ) learn from it , try to find out what it means , if any thing is there, and you don't like it ask it to go.

you could use salt an "old remedy" pour it around where you want "protected" could be costly if salt is a high price

Invite a priest over to cleanse the home, usually dinner will be the payment
( or your first born bad joke sorry )

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It isn't The Old Rectory in Essex is it?

If so let me know and i can dig up some info.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sounds like an interesting new home.

You might consider using a good antihistamine before you go into the new house again. Old dust can cause bad headaches.

How big is your dog? Is he too large for you to carry him upstairs in your arms? If he is, there are contraptions you could make easily with scraps of wood and other discarded items if you cannot afford to purchase new material that will help you move him to your bedroom.

Happy haunting,
Dizzie

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm curious about why you selected that location if you know you're sensitive to that sort of thing. Why not just move somewhere else less problematic?

I don't really have any other advice, but I would love to come visit someday.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i think i speak for all of us when i say be brave and set up some cameras for us!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The first thing to understand is that Ghosts cannot hurt you. If they are malevolent, they can only work off your own fear. So, you must become fearless. The more fearful you are, the more latitude they are given in making you miserable.

Having the gift of second sight actually puts you at an advantage in being able to see them - but you should also come to an understanding of how the Spirit Realm works, what is in it, and what they are capable of.

Once you understand that, you are less apt to be afraid. When you're not afraid, they cannot harm you - the harm is psychological, not physical.

The main thing to remember is that whatever you may see, is "Casted" or "Manifested" and not the actual Spiritual Energy they are now. If it's a malevolent Ghost or Demon doing the casting, it's to frighten you - but just remember that it's not actually what they look like. It's a "show".

And finally, pray to our Father in Heaven for protection.

That's really all there is... I hope it helps.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sallywooz

Hi Sallywooz,
Sounds like my kind of place. All the advice you've been given so far is all good, particularly the salt (rock or sea salt - not the regular table variety) and pretty much everything 'ReginaAdonnaAaron' said.

I would also add that you open every window in the place and give it a good blow for as long as possible ... if the weather's bad (been snowing here all day)
give it at least half hour ... just to freshen the energy in the house.

Another tip before moving all your furniture in (hard work but definately worth it) ... sweep each room with a broom ... starting at the corner furthest from the door ... and out of the door (pay particular attention to the corners ... when you've swept put a sprinkling of salt in each corner (this should be vacumned up and replaced at least once a month).

You can either sweep the dust debri into one big pile but personally I recommend one room at a time ... gather the sweepings from that room and caste into running water (if you don't have a handy river or stream nearby flush it down the toilet - might take a couple of flushes) ... then salt the corners and move onto the next room.

Always start upstairs and work your way down ... finishing off in the hall and sweep the last of the dust out of the front door and wash it away with a bucket of water.

Also put fresh flowers in the room (a single flower will do but a small bunch is better). This is a good way to cleanse any house prior to movng in and generally puts off any negative spirits from hanging around. However, because this is such an old place there may be some stubbon residents - but of course you will only be able to know this once you've moved in.

One final tip; You mentioned there are no lights upstairs so presumably you'll be using torches. Make sure you have a good supply of batteries because if there are any spirit entities around they are known for draining battery power very quickly. One house I was called to, I had to change the batteries in my camera 3 times !!!

If you need more help u2u me. Hope this helps a bit to be going on with.

All the best with the move. Woody

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That there would be ghosts in a place of worship strikes me as somewhat odd, considering the Monks and Nuns are supposed to be more than happy to pass over to the next world.

Your best bet for finding out about the possibilities of ghosts is to look up the history of the place.

It depends strongly on the location - up in the north i wouldn't be surprised if there were a few monks who died before their time.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
That there would be ghosts in a place of worship strikes me as somewhat odd, considering the Monks and Nuns are supposed to be more than happy to pass over to the next world.

It's not odd considering the Spirit Realm exists in the same time and space as the Physical Realm. They're around us all the time as Ghosts come and go as they please and have free will the same as we do. It's the malevolent ones and demons that tend to stick around and interfere with someone's life.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Question: How can something ethereal have free-will if it does not have a brain?

To my knowledge, Ghosts are not capable of any thoughts at all, and are merely the manifestation of a person's emotional energies left over after the spirit has transcended from this dimension.

As such, in a place such as a priory, they'll most likely not even make a sound when this fellow goes to stay, unless there was some sort of brutal slaughtering that happened at some point.

Which is why the history is important.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Question: How can something ethereal have free-will if it does not have a brain?

To my knowledge, Ghosts are not capable of any thoughts at all, and are merely the manifestation of a person's emotional energies left over after the spirit has transcended from this dimension.

As such, in a place such as a priory, they'll most likely not even make a sound when this fellow goes to stay, unless there was some sort of brutal slaughtering that happened at some point.

Which is why the history is important.

Your question is a good one and it's actually a common misconception.

What lives on is our consciousness in spiritual form. Our "soul" so to speak. All spiritual beings have free will. This does not end once we leave our physical containers. Ghosts are capable of occupying any space they please, for however long they please. In some, more severe cases though, malevolent ghosts and demons can be forced to leave with the help of God and His Holy Angels.

What would have no capability of thought would be Residual Energy - in which case, yes, the history of the location would definitely be beneficial. It's the residual energy that psychics are able to pick up on and discover who would have occupied the space before and what may have happened there to leave the imprint behind.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Good luck with the move, lots of good advice already given, especially from woody, I can only add, be not afraid, there is nothing to fear, and why not play some of your favourite uplifting music, along with a trusty dog for company all will be well!
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
800 years old? Wow, I hope its up to inspection! I don't know about this, it seems that you are really into it and I've always heard that its not good to provoke spirits and its best just to let them be.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Dude seriously, haunted places suck... i used to live in a haunted house for a couple of months ( not cause i got scared and left, it was because i lost a job and ran out of financial resources). In that time there were phone alarms going off while they were turned off(even after i took the battery out), the sound of people walking....on the ceiling, people whispering, lights going on and off, and banging sounds....and thats just off the top of my head right now

The wierdest one i think is the time I had a friend over and we were watching t.v. in the living room, there was a microwave with a blinking clock against the back wall and the kitchen and living room were kind of connected, anyways he gets up to get a drink ad walks in front of the microwave on the way to the kitchen and the clock flashes on and off...nothing unusual, however, on his way back to the living room he passes in front of the microwave again this time theres three shadows slinking behind him.

And another tip from my own experiences: get sleeping pills....you think ghosts need sleep? no theyll jack with you ALL NIGHT LONG

Dont get me wrong i still think ghosts are cool as hell but i just wouldnt live with em again

new topics

top topics

join