It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of University of Wisconsin-Madison Student Spreads Fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Death of University of Wisconsin-Madison Student Spreads Fear

www.foxnews.com

MADISON, Wis. — Three unsolved killings in less than a year share at least one thread: They've spread fear among college students and downtown residents in Wisconsin's normally laid-back capital.

A college student vanished in June after a night of barhopping; her body was found in the woods days later. In January, a 31-year-old man was stabbed to death with a paring knife in his home near the University of Wisconsin-Madison in what police called an apparently random act.

And a few blocks away, police on Wednesday found the body of UW-Madison junior Brittany Sue Zimmermann in the apartment she shared with a boyfriend. Police aren't saying how she died, only that she was the victim of a homicide.

They say it's too early to tell whether the three cases are linked. That's little comfort to wary residents.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I live in Chicago. I go to Madison all the time. Is their a serial killer on the loose up there? These unsolved murders really puzzle me as Madison is a pretty quiet city and from what I know not alot of violence. Could these murders be linked? you tell me.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
My advice to my neighbors in Madison is to keep a handgun handy. Unfortunately, Madisonians tend to be extremely liberal in their views, so the chances of the people in the general area of these murders owning firearms is slim to none.

Two pieces of advice that will benefit everyone who reads my post, particularly women:
  1. Always be aware of your environment. If you live in a high-risk area, this includes being vigilant even in your own home;
  2. If you look like a victim, you may become one. If you look like you'll put up a fight, the perp may decide he doesn't want to mess with you because you'll draw too much attention.
Madison isn't the nice town it was ten years ago. I don't know why it got so bad in such a short amount of time, but it disappoints me. I used to spend a lot of time there. Now I only go if I have business in the city. I'm sure it's affecting them economically because I'm seeing a lot of empty storefronts where there used to be thriving businesses.

join