It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says He Doesn't Want His Daughters Punished with a Baby

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

www.cbn.com

sex is not something casual. But it should also include -- it should also include other, you know, information about contraception because, look, I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
thehill.com

[edit on 31-3-2008 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
For Obama to imply that having children is a punishment is over the top even for an extreme lefty. Then he made the further mistake of comparing children to a STD. Whoa buddy! That's no way to win over the Republicans as Obamicans. I guess he doesn't quite get it.

Why do liberals hold on to abortion as their pet project? I guess it just doesn't dawn on them that there are a lot of Republicans that are very moderate or liberal in their fiscal views but can't give in to the abortion idea.

So Obama is against the death penalty but pro abortion? Criminals deserve a second chance, but don't punish our daughters with babies.

Has Obama checked out of the race mentally? He's starting to slip up. This is probably worse than Hillary's sniper comments.

www.cbn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-3-2008 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Let him keep talking.

He's exposing himself as the fraud that he really is.
And I say this in a non-partisan manner.

It appears that he has mentally elevated himself to a point where he thinks we'll swallow his rhetoric because he has a great voice, and terrific cadence in his speech patterns.

Oh, and the media is giving him a free pass at the moment. I'm not sure how long that will last. This year provides a plethora of left leaners.

McCain on the Left
Clinton on the far left
Obama on the Extreme left.

And that's not right..

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
His vocabulary choice was a little off base, but the point he was, I believe, trying to make is on the money...

And that is children need better sex ed. Morals and values are fine, but cold hard facts just can't be beat.

The amount of teen pregnancies are high in the US (In the UK there through the freaking roof!) not only is it bad for the people who have these children (yes I'm sure some of them turn out to be well adjusted blah blah blah...) but it is also bad for the economy and the education system.

How much does it cost to raise a child? And the majority of kids that have kids do not have the cash or the support to raise a child, let alone the life skills to look after themselves.

MonKey

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
No .. he'd rather punish them with making 'em murder their children.

What a good daddy he is. Excellent Christian too.

Murder the 'mistake'. Then don't even worry about it.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I especially liked the part where he said he'd punish them by killing their babies and making them eat the fetuses. That will only be for Republican voters of course, Democrats will still just be forced to kill their babies in the third trimester.

Does anybody actually read the article here or just take a guess at the content based on the headline?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Man....
Sorry, I am completely against Obama, the same as the other two running.
But, this is one thing I have to agree with him on. Perhaps the only. He does not have my vote, though.

How cute the others here are so quick to jump all over him, thinking that abortion should NOT be a freedom here in the US, and that someone who doesn't want to have a kid being forced to have one is a good idea. Without abortion at their disposal, a desperate "mother" WILL try any method she can come up with to make sure the unborn will not BE born. If she is unsuccessful, a very messed-up child may be brought into the world and immediately placed into foster or other arrangement. Believe me, someone who does not want a child, will not suddenly realize they've been forced to take the burden, and suddenly take up religion and be the best parent in the world.

Again, Obama does not have my vote. He, and the other two, are very very bad for this country.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbatesFor Obama to imply that having children is a punishment is over the top even for an extreme lefty.

Boy, you guys are really grasping at straws here! LOL Having an unwanted pregnancy IS a punishment. It's a penalty. It's the negative consequences of having sex when you're not ready to breed. A baby IS a punishment to someone who doesn't want one! What's the big deal? A baby would be a punishment to me because I don't want one and I don't particularly like them.

Then he made the further mistake of comparing children to a STD.

He did NO SUCH THING! He said an STD was another punishment. He didn't compare it to a baby!

Why do liberals hold on to abortion as their pet project?

I can't speak for "liberals" but the reason I hold onto it is because I don't want the government in my body. I draw the line there. And if I had a daughter and she came to me, pregnant at 16, I would want her to have the option of abortion so it wouldn't ruin her life! How's that?

This is probably worse than Hillary's sniper comments.

Oh, yes, this has everything to do with Hillary's lying. Good segue. Ugh! Politics are UGLY, no matter who plays the game...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't see where Obama was talking about abortion (maybe I missed something) at all. He was talking about sex education in order to prevent unwanted pregnancies. And yes, for most 15 or 16 year olds (and there are many pregnancies at younger ages than that) an unplanned baby would be a punishment. They usually can't go on to get a better education because of the responsibility and many, many young single mothers live the rest of their lives in poverty. Not every teenager has a family who is able to provide for her and her child indefinitely.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Sestias]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I can't speak for "liberals" but the reason I hold onto it is because I don't want the government in my body.

Ah, but the baby in your body isn't your body. You're just charged with protecting it until it's born. Or I guess you could look at it as being punished until the baby was born.

The whole concept is silly. Hug a tree, save the whales, prosecute individuals who mistreat animals, and abort (terminate, eliminate, kill) unwanted babies as an acceptable means of contraception.

This is probably worse than Hillary's sniper comments.

Oh, yes, this has everything to do with Hillary's lying. Good segue.

Just as a comparison on who stuck their foot in their mouth the most. Hopefully no one will need to dodge sniper fire on the way to the abortion clinic to get rid of their punishment. Wouldn't that make a good story?

No, wait! What if Obama set up an abortion clinic on the land that Rezko bought for him? And Hillary could see too it that sniper fire kept everyone's head down so they wouldn't see her Whitewater dealings. Once inside people could get the Hope and Change that Obama promises them. Don't get me started...don't even get me started.

apc

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My opinion of Obama is obvious, but I don't see what the big deal is. An unwanted child born of a mistake is punishment. Even if the child is given up for adoption, the mother is forever physically and emotionally scarred.

Bickering over his words is one thing. Leave the "pro-life" vs. "pro-choice" debate out of it.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by apc]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Ah, but the baby in your body isn't your body.

I suppose the cancer in my body isn't technically "my body" either and has some sort of right to multiply and survive... (I don't have cancer now, it's just an example) If it's in my body, I get to say whether it stays or goes. Oh, dear, now I'm comparing a "baby" to cancer. Call the PC police!

You're just charged with protecting it until it's born.

I am not. No one has given me such direction. I am autonomous, self-governing. I am charged with no such thing.

This statement Obama made was perfectly fine, but the right is jumping all over it like stink on an outhouse. This is politics! Low politics at that... and I'm surprised it's in "Breaking News"... This is no more "news" than Kathie Lee's comeback.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Grasping for straws much?

All he was saying is that having a child at a young age impairs one's ability to live a full life. Many cannot continue education, will remain poor, and cannot do the things that could be done to live a healthy, productive life.

In a sense, that is a punishment, a punishment that comes with a blessing.

Quit taking the words out of context. Like when you see a 13 y/o girl with a child you say, "Awww, what a blessing for her". No, you shake your head and say, "What a shame".

First people saying the black judge is racist towards whites, now Obama thinks kids are a punishment. Talk about taking things out of context!!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Many think children will ruin your life, will grow up foolish and be poor and miserable and with no hope. This really is not the case. I'm sure every one of us is glad our parents did not have an abortion, I'm glad mine didn't, and it was on the table.

When it comes to stupid mistakes you have to take responsibility and not just pay it to go away. And yes, it will be tough. But there is more goodness than ill to be found in the long run.

What I get from this article is that Obama says he wants to provide sex education and prevention methods for not getting pregnant. He also believes in reducing the amount of teen pregnancies and abortions, as the article states.

We aught to have more support for those who do have children at a young age as well.

[edit on 1/4/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

Yeah, but this isn't an abortion debate. Obama saying he's pro-choice wouldn't be headline news, it's common knowledge.

This is about people twisting his words to make it seem like he hates babies or something stupid like that.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If he is pro choice (I don't know much about Obama) then it wouldn't surprise me if he is on the depopulating bandwagon. Go Planned Parenthood!

What bothers me is that someone answered for Obama about what he said, and it wasn't very direct concerning abortion. But I suppose Obama does have a lot on his hands right now.

I personally like Ron Paul's stance on the issue, being a doctor and delivering thousands of babies he has determined it is a human with rights when it is conceived at the earliest of stages.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

Wow, let the libel begin. Stay on topic.

This is not about NWO, or population reduction, or abortion. It's about this:

The wording of this thread/article suggests that Obama believes that babies are punishments.

I assume the reason people are avoiding that subject is because it's unfounded. If you want to talk about depopulation theories or abortion, start a new thread in the politics forum.

back at ya.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have to say that ChiKeyMonKey is right on the money. You have to educate kids so they no that what consequences there actions can have . An era in judgement can lead to a life time of consequences. The issue has nothing to do with the abortion debate . Myself I don't want kids and that is a decision I am making from the outset it is my responsibility to ensure that I don't face the "life sentence" of parenting.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Oh, dear, now I'm comparing a "baby" to cancer.

Yes .. yes you did. (sorry BH .. but ya' did)

A human baby and cancer are two very different things.

A human baby has a soul. It is a gift. It is life.

Cancer is death.

The baby shouldn't be painfully punished with the death penalty just because the parents made the choice of having unprotected sex ... or because birth control failed.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
A human baby has a soul.

That's your opinion. Not everyone believes that.

And even if that is true, can you tell us at what point the baby is injected with said soul?

Let's not make this an abortion debate. There are other threads for that. This thread is about how people think obama is saying that babies are punishments, when in actuality, it was just taking his words out of context.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join