It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, I Admit It - I'm A Chat Virgin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I don't know if I'm embarassed or proud, but it's true, I have never "chatted" - anywhere. I have friends and family in real life that take up plenty of my time and attention. However, none of them, except my husband, seem to share the same ideology as me, so there is a sense of un-fulfillment or alienation- I swear sometimes I am living in a suburban nightmare or twilight zone.

So, it has me wondering about "chat". Even the word makes me feel a little dirty, so I am asking "What's the draw"? What's it all about? What are the benefits? What are the drawbacks?. Any horror stories? Any authentic and enduring friendships made? I really would like some testimony.

I read this thread here but I think I am more doubtful than ever:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I'm afraid I can't help you there.
Never been in chat on ATS or anywhere else.
I have occassionally wondered what it's like but......you know what it's like.

Probably a good thing, I'd probably only make an arse of myself! :shk:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Chat here is very safe and alot of fun, my kids get to make fun of me sometimes when I am laughing hysterically or just busting out and cracking up. Most of the time it moves very fast and the people there have really sharp wit and intelligence. Many bonds are made in chat and it is a chance to take it to the next level and really get to know people. If I have instant questions I always go there and generally find an expert in what ever I am needing answers to. At times it takes on a more serious nature say for instance when a fellow member needs a shoulder to cry on or some compassion, or even to vent from the hectic and chaotic world we live in. There is a mix of young members as well as old farts. We do watch out for our younger members and always show respect for one another. There are private messaging buttons you can go to if you need to talk privately to someone. There is always a MOD on with us yet they blend more than tower over. You get to know them alot better too and that is always a great thing, the chat mods are really caring people and often join in rather than lording over. Well worth it, no need to be shy just jump in on several different days or nights until you get to find the niche where you enjoy it the most. See ya there

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Chat is awesome and yes you really can make friends there.

I even play trivia games somtimes and award ATS points...

come join us, we won't bite, I promise.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
come join us, we won't bite, I promise.

I have no doubt you won't, unfortunately I might. :shk:

One day maybe.
And maybe soon, who knows.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Okay, silly question - How does it differ from the regular board?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Chat is different because there is no set topic. You can go there to talk about anything and it doesn't need to be conspiracy related. It's just a great place to kick back and meet some new people.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Chat is awesome, but it can get addicting man! Give it a try, but pace yourself lol.

Off topic- ST dude your avvie almost brought a tear to my eye lol
to e mo bush!

top topics

join