It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS to help people file taxes to get stimulus check

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
www.bizjournals.com...

do you think this could be a ploy by the government to get peoples info?
more people are going to file taxes this year that usually do not file taxes.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Absolutely I think it has hints of tricky. There are more than a few people who are trying to run away from debts at the moment. This free money will get a lot of these runaways to give a current address. No guarantee they will get the money they hope for if they have some debt problems. It's only good for the well-behaved people.

As far as searching for addresses goes, I don't think this bonus check to everybody who qualifies is for making a database. IRS already has that, and I think they would not have to go too far to find more information, without asking the people. I think it really is stimulus money, like the government claims. But, on the side, it could be something of a bribe too. Money makes a lot of intolerable things more tolerable.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnaphx
... it could be something of a bribe too. Money makes a lot of intolerable things more tolerable.

It's a bribe to keep the rebellion from picking up steam. The worst thing that could happen for the FED and it's IRS lapdog right now is for the stimulus package to be recinded or fail to appear in mass. It would be a slap in the face and maybe the spark that would be needed to get the people in the streets.

We are expecting a major event to occur in May.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by In nothing we trust]

join