It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Machines Already exist for glimpsing into the past.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Now, I know this is going to disappoint some of you, but I think it's worth a look. We already have time machines that offer glimpses into our past, just as what your reading now was written in my past. While reading is not a very exciting way to visit the past I suggest television & cinema screen are indeed time machines that allow us to peer into a specific portion of the past, albeit small.

I suggest with today's available technology we could put sensors that record via computers everything that everyone or any device that's connected to that network records, not only could everyone record everything they themselves see, hear, eventually feel, smell, taste, but you could have static recording devices placed everywhere in your house, yard, woods, etc. So someone in the future could visit an exact replica of our world, though they could not manipulate our actual past it is still in a sense a time machine.

So, if we began to record every possible moment - especially significant events - we could build a sort of holodeck that would allow people to travel back in time and the more sensors recording the more believable or real it would be.

Thus the more sensors we place & record the more places & details of the past one would be able to virtually visit.

Now, though we don't have the current technology to communicate with someone in the past & thus manipulate the past. I believe we will in the near future be able to send bits of data into the past, therefore one could postulate that, that data could be multiplied to the point that one could send people in the past visions of their future (our past) that would allow them to manipulate their future (our past).

Though we could not actually travel to that past we could potentially manipulate what happened & thus change time and those in the past doing that manipulation could not travel to the future, they could change it if we've manipulated them to do so.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Well, Father Ernetti of Venice would certainly have agreed with you.

Furthermore, he claimed he HAD one: the Chronovisor.

While the book about his purported device is infuriatingly... infuriating, and the "pictures" are obviously a fraud (so obviously, in fact, that they are rather intriguing...) the idea is quite fetching.

But, and I hate to disappoint you, we already have a "chronovisor" in-built in each and every one of us.

All we have to do is use it.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i thought I heard about something like this. Cant remember where nor can I seem to find any info in a quick search on it.

I think it is called project looking glass. True or not I dont know. Maybe someone knows more about this?

JT

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There is a thread on it. NJ Mooch has blown my mind with the looking glass stuff.

See here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
jackpot...I knew I heard this somewhere

www.projectcamelot.org...

and looks like there is a thread here on ATS with reference to this project.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JesterTerrestrial

Follow the link i provided. you will find some real science behind the story.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
From what I already gather, our alleged ancient visitors have already mastered these technologies long ago and have been watching us not only in real time from great distances but of our past and futures as well. According to one claim made through John Lear; They've been recording us also which would also than be possible.
Remote viewing is also another alleged ability we supposedly have that may just allow us to tap into this ancient technology.Some refer to this as a psychic ability we either used to have or are now evolving (back) into.

Some native americans also have their stories of visions through dreams just as some mention in biblical stories as prophecies. Time travel in the psychic sense can mean advances in leaps we can't appreciate or deserve yet.
I'm really not so convinced that we originated these technologies, but I could comprehend another species learning from our mistakes by temporarily giving them to us. Still, our ability to learn, adapt and create may be unique compared to a cloned and hive mind species that may only deal with hard facts.
Maybe the planet earth and it's human species think tank was created for this purpose? You would think a more advanced species with the ability to see the past and future wouldn't make so many mistakes? Maybe they didn't trust this technology either?

And that if these things are true and aliens don't have anymore need for us, then they would encourage or manipulate us in some way to create our own destruction and extinction.

Biblically these were also called Watchers. The fallen may be another term for entities. Those with us and those against us may actually be the same species with the same agenda. I would like to think we have a bright future. I'm hoping it isn't as some type of supernatural ghostly power source for some alien technology. I guess they believe in recycling also?

Doesn't it seem suspicious that our species has only been able to advance so far in just a span of a few hundred years and not a very long time ago?

Someones been holding us back and I don't think it was just religion either.

In the sci-fi movies White Noise and Scrooge; ghosts can time travel. Maybe that's a clue?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
Maybe the planet earth and it's human species think tank was created for this purpose?

Not sure I'm following correctly here. Do you mean that we may actually be here as part of a time travel experiment? As in we were created here in order to gather knowledge or something else to take back or for others to view through us etc? As in maybe this is not our native form and in that form we are unable to do what we can in our current form. Or maybe we are just probes from another dimension ourselves.

Thanks for all of your ideas.

Also, thanks everyone for all the links - that's enough to keep me busy for awhile.

Have heard of Looking Glass, but never knew what it was. Chronovisor sounds interesting as well.

I was thinking that if future information was being sent back that it is indeed here for us to receive. We only have to figure out where to look. Those from that time would know what apparatus we have or could create to process that information in this time thus all we have to do is to begin to look for that data stream in the most likely places.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by verylowfrequency]

top topics

join