It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warship 'opens fire in Suez' Breaking News

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

US warship 'opens fire in Suez' Breaking News

news.bbc.co.uk

A US warship has opened fire on a small Egyptian boat in the Suez Canal, killing one man, Egyptian reports say.

The warship was passing through the canal when it was approached by a boat selling local merchandise, reports say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is just Breaking. I dont know why, nor do I understand why we did this.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or know what is going on?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well first, according to the article it wasn't even a warship. It was a container ship, which makes NO sense, since they're unarmed, except for maybe small arms. But when the exact same boats are used to haul explosives around and blow themselves up next to ships, then anyone is going to be wary of them if they don't respond to radio or visual signals. IF that was the case, that would explain why the crew broke out the small arms and fired at him.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
No doubt the small Egyptian boat was manned by a "terrorist"....

I have not heard anything, and its not funny. I just really think the word "terrorist" will come up on this. Somebody just selling their wares..:shk: How pathetic! They better fabricate a good story for this one.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Oh my gosh that article just changed. I had it copied word for word what it said.

read above. However, now it says,

A US container ship has opened fire on a small Egyptian boat in the Suez Canal, killing one man, Egyptian reports say.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Why did they change that?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It will be interesting to hear all the details, but USS Cole comes to mind.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
consider this a false flag report by BBS. Move along.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Because as details come out the news changes. And most civilian ships don't HAVE guns on them except small arms. So when they heard a US ship opened fire in the Canal, they probably ASSUMED that it was a warship, and then more details came out and they found out it wasn't.

[edit on 3/24/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I dont know if its false. However, something is weird here. First it was a US Warship opening fire then within minutes it changed to a US container ship. I'm so confused even more now.

edit for spelling

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Shar]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
They changed the story, but how many container ships go around shooting at something.....so I find it hard to believe that the ship was anything other than a warship.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Container ships carry small arms. Small arms kill people just as well as a 5" deck gun will.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

I told you FABRICATION. Whatever the people will swallow easier gets the headline.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here is another link to the story also saying it is a warship.

Warship

The U.S. ship Global Patriot fired on the Egyptian vessel after it ignored calls to stay away, the sources said.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Global Patriot is not and never has been a US warship name. It's the MV Global Patriot, and was under contract with the Sealift Command. However it's owned by Global Container Lines.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
According to this source, it was a U.S. warship:

25 Mar 2008, 0502 hrs IST,REUTERS
ISMAILIA: A US warship fired on a motor boat in the Gulf of Suez on Monday, killing one Egyptian and wounding two others, Egyptian security sources and witnesses said.

The US ship Global Patriot fired on the Egyptian vessel after it ignored calls to stay away, the sources said. The Egyptian vessel was carrying goods to sell to ships passing through the Suez Canal, a transit for US ships heading to the Gulf, the sources said.

The US ship had been awaiting permission to pass through the Suez Canal from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean, the sources added.
The Times of India | US warship fires on Egyptian boat, one killed

"Global Patriot" is that a warship?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
No. It's NOT a warship. It's the MV GLobal Patriot, contracted by the Sealift Command to transport MRAPs from South Africa to Iraq for the US military. As I said just above your post it's owned by a CIVILIAN shipping line.

link   
freedomataprice,
Thankyou,

Yes it too says it.

ISMAILIA, Egypt -- A U.S. warship fired on a motor boat in the Gulf of Suez today, killing one Egyptian and wounding two others, Egyptian security sources and witnesses saidThe U.S. ship Global Patriot fired on the Egyptian vessel after it ignored calls to stay away, the sources said.

The Egyptian vessel was carrying goods to sell to ships passing through the Suez Canal, a transit for U.S. ships heading to the Gulf, the sources said.

The U.S. ship had been awaiting permission to pass through the Suez Canal from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean, the sources added.

www.latimes.com...

Yeah, so here we are with even a witness talking. I don't know but something weird to me.

+12 more 
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
consider this a false flag report by BBS. Move along.

You know the thing i dislike the most? is someone telling me that i need to move along because they think this or that, happening more and more now,

I will determine if i need to move along or not when i have all the facts i need, im sorry if this seems a little over the top but i have a mind of my own i do not need you telling me something is a false flag i can determine that for myself thanks..

AZZ

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

You're right:

GCL Launches US Flag Service 1/30/2005

Global Container Lines (GCL) a worldwide leader in ocean transportation is proud to announce its US flag service. The multipurpose Ro-Lo vessel “Global Patriot” is at the service of all esteemed GCL customers. The vessel is ideally suited for carriage of rolling stock, containers, project cargo, heavy lifts, break bulk, and bulk cargo. The vessel will be primarily trading between the US Gulf, Red Sea, Persian Gulf, East Africa. All other destinations will be considered on inducement.
Global Container Lines | GCL Launches US Flag Service 1/30/2005

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

The word Warship is too militaresque sounding, they needed to tone it down a bit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join