It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very disturbing painting, might scare you, it scared me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I saw this painting and it made me just cringe at the sight of it. It literaly made me look away from the screen and close the link. There are legends behind the painting. The video below will show you it.

Tell me what you think and if you felt anything wrong.
I got the willys...
(Mr. Link)

Some more about the painting:
wiki article
link

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I watch the whole thing and it didn't bother me. But it does seem erie.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yeaht hat is a freaky painting. I've seen it before on ATS though. There was a huge thread about it. It is one heck of a freaky picture..

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Well it wouldn't be so FREAKIN CREEPY if there wasn't all that drama in the video!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yeah pretty eerie. That kid is looking into my soul and I dont like it. Art definately has some kind of energy that it carries. If the artist is accurate enough in the visual image he/she is trying to convey. The energy is even more intense.

Anyone ever heard of the dibbuk box? kind of the same thing:

www.dibbukbox.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The best link regarding this painting (that Ive found) is this one

www.surfingtheapocalypse.com...

It pretty much explains it all.

No haunting, just marketing.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Kinda reminds me of The Shining twins.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If this painting scares you I recommend visiting an art gallery to see what art is all about. Google: Hieronymus Bosch
Remember these are other peoples visions and not your own specifically.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
[edit on 24-3-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The painting was/is pretty odd and very eerie. What seems disturbing is that the male child has an adult's face, but without life at all. And the doll face is pretty eerie as well.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
wow!!!

thanks for sharing this! one of the most interesting paintings I have ever seen I think...
it's just so dark, but im not sure HOW it's dark..

I found a good size pic of this painting for my profile page (else where).... but odd.. it keeps stalling on just that upload..

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The kid in the short trousers on the right looks like a young G.W. Bush.
Nothing else.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I remember that painting......

Haunted Painting - Does it make you feel ill?

funny in this thread members back then also saw the George Bush resemblance in the boy

Evil pics. Depleted uranium plated lunar titanium armor and 14 inch thick weilder googles advised.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alien life uk

That is an interesting observation. There may be other elements in the painting which could be related to the Bush family.

I am tempted to say it is surrealism ,but without knowing anything about the artist I could be wrong. The painting looks mysterious. It was begun in the thirites and finished in the sixties. It is a weird artifact.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It's all in the mind

Yes, I'm familiar with this particular artwork.
I believe that people who view/study it have mixed and (sometimes) uncomfortable perceptions of the scene.
To me it is simply art with a slight but definitive 'dark' surrealism.
I'd be happy to hang it on my wall anytime.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I don't think it's all that creepy. But, then again, I'm into creepy, so it takes a lot to creep me out. You really gotta work at it.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
creepy, did anybody catch those hands in the background? dark and deeply disturbing, a welcome edition to my living room wall, right over to of the tv

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I remember seeing that painting a few years ago. Today I see it again and it has the same creepiness. You couldn't pay me enough to hang that in my house.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The painting is doing what it's suppose to do if people are talking about it.
I think the creepyness factor is due to the music.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Didn't scare me. The use of a child as a scary object is a cheap psychological ploy which has been worn out by cinema. The child is a polar opposite to evil or darkness, therefore it disturbs us to see a child portrayed as evil or dark. Likewise, we have a psychological imprint of ourself as children, so the idea of children in dark or scary situations (even violent, god forbid) is most disturbing.

<<   2 >>

join