It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The highest strangeness I've seen on the web

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

This too has happened with me. The guy who did Darth Vaders voice, I can't remember his name, a good actor though had died. Or so I thought.

I distinctly remember it while I was living back in the states with my grandmother. Only to find out through my brother a couple of years ago that he was in fact still alive.

I denied it of course and told my brother he didn't know, but sure enough after a quick search on Google, he was still alive.

He's not the first, but he is the most distinct.

Peace,
FK

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Interesting thread.

This too has happened with me. The guy who did Darth Vaders voice, I can't remember his name, a good actor though had died. Or so I thought.

James Earl Jones. He was also in "Field of Dreams", which is analogous of building a heavenly playing field in your mind or backyard and then the players of your youth come back and play.

What in the world is happening to us?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Okay, let's clear the air hear. Does anyone remember Mickey Rooney dying?

According to this website he is alive and well:

Mickey Rooney

www.contactmusic.com...

The above link is to an article that is about Mickey Rooney's >>>SON

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I remember a period back around 1987 when Nelson Mandela had died in prison and there had been reports all over the news for a month or so about this. At the time, I hardly knew anything at all about the man yet I recall becoming somewhat interested in him after his demise.

Skip forward a few years to the time of his release from prison, and there I was scratching my head...wondering how in the hell a dead man had just been set free.

Strangeness indeed. Sure it could have been confusion on my part, but even today I remember his death so vividly. I was reminded of this event again several years ago when false reports of his death were given by the media.

Perhaps just a trick of the conscious mind. Maybe something more? It leads me to the question: Is Deja Vu real or does it just "seem" like it?

One more thing to ponder I guess....

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Lol. James Earl Jones is still alive and lives not far from where I am sitting right now. Saw him at the mall a few times.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Very weird. Two of the actors in that thread really hit a note with me. Firstly, I'm absolutely shocked that Ernest Borgnine is still alive....I mean it floored me. I remember he died! I was a huge fan of Airwolf when I was younger and I remember hearing the news and being a bit sad about it.
Then Jack Palance - like one of the posters in the thread I was absolutely convinced he died during the filming of City Slickers 2 - I remember watching a show on TV about it.

This is making my head hurt

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Curio]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
I remember a period back around 1987 when Nelson Mandela had died in prison and there had been reports all over the news for a month or so about this. At the time, I hardly knew anything at all about the man yet I recall becoming somewhat interested in him after his demise.

....and now that you mention him, I remember that too that he died in prison.

Yet he is now in the world somewhere.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK

Skip forward a few years to the time of his release from prison, and there I was scratching my head...wondering how in the hell a dead man had just been set free.

Strangeness indeed. Sure it could have been confusion on my part, but even today I remember his death so vividly. I was reminded of this event again several years ago when false reports of his death were given by the media.

Perhaps just a trick of the conscious mind. Maybe something more? It leads me to the question: Is Deja Vu real or does it just "seem" like it?

One more thing to ponder I guess....

Perhaps the media was fed some incorrect information? Wouldnt be the first time. One could only speculate as to why information like this might have been fed to the media........

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnOldFriend
Perhaps the media was fed some incorrect information? Wouldnt be the first time. One could only speculate as to why information like this might have been fed to the media........

To make us believe that we are dying. We see other people die, then we believe it and then we die. Get it?

You are what you believe, and the "stars" are telling us a very tiny tiny voice of a hint that some people cannot tell if they died or they are alive.

We just need to remember conclusively what we knew then we can make sense of this.

It's like losing your keys. They aren't lost at all, they're right where you left them.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

With what i posted here i am suggesting that maybe people confusing some of these deaths with relatives or something along those lines.

As for another possible explanation, I had the same thought as the person above me. Maybe people are confusing some deaths of certain actors with ther deaths in movies, plays, tv shows, and so on.

Yes, that's my suspicion, too.

And there is another possibility: that they saw the beginning of a report about the person and thought 'why are they showing this person? Did he/she die?' - and then, for some reason, their "free associating" mind just jumped at that idea and ran with it. (I've seen this particular type of distraction happen many times - although, in all fairness, it never involved the death of a person.)

The first one - the option you mentioned - is my favourite theory, though.

I've read a lot about this phenomenon on the website I mentioned earlier, but never had the opportunity to discuss it with people that had actually experienced it, so I am glad to have this opportunity now.

And BTW, I am NOT saying that this absolutely could not happen - not at all. I am just saying that, in my opinion, in most of the cases distraction and/or confusion is probably the most likely cause.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I remember when the rapper from the group House of Pain, Everlast was his name, was reported to have died of a heart attack from coc aine. Then on the next album, he dropped the jam "Back From the Dead." He had even been reported dead in the media too.

...gossip an lies, exaggerated reports of my demise, the media deceived em just like in the past, and if ya believed em well then ya got gassed...

You might know him from his later solo career as well, from the jam, "Might Know What it's Like..."

[edit on 3/21/0808 by jackinthebox]

[edit on 3/21/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Okay, so who else has died and then we find out they are still alive?

Last year, someone said Mister Rogers died, yet the web says it was before that.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Okay, so who else has died and then we find out they are still alive?

Last year, someone said Mister Rogers died, yet the web says it was before that.

I remember hearing Fidel Castro had died atleast a year ago. I don't recall from where i heard he had died but....... Anyways i think he is still alive but in failing health.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I remember seeing Arther C. Clark on a documentary about two years ago and was thinking, "He has such a great mind, it will be a shame when he dies." He was very much alive at that time.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Indeed, what is happening with us? I was so certain of his death that I almost convinced my brother that Mr. Jones was dead. (Which isn't the case of course.)

This is very strange indeed.

But perhaps there is a logical explanation to all this? Whatever it is, I sure don't know :p

But very interesting.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Mr Rogers one, ok I didnt get this until I heard that one. I remember him dying years ago, I mean like 10 years ago, back then and people saying no, he is still alive, and I said no, hes dead. Ya know, now I do not know when he died,lol

Ama

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I remember this guy, Abe Vigoda because he was "fish" on Barney Miller sitcom and I remember when they announced he was dead.

I distinctly remember it because I never liked that show as I was still a teen - it wasn't to my tastes.

So when they announced he died, I thought - no big deal - I never knew the guy.

According to wikipedia, that was completely erroneous:

Abe Vigoda

Now I remember this clearly that the guy was reported dead.

Is this just our media telling us bad information that they can't even get a guys death correct or is it our memory confusing us?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I can easily see our memory fooling us. I'm sure we've all experienced things like that before, and in no way connected to "dead" actors either
What's strange is that it seems to be the same names cropping up and people often have similar accounts as to how/when they heard about the "death" in the past.

In the case of Ernest Borgnine and Jack Palance, I can remember not only hearing about their deaths, but then some time later hearing they were still alive and me being very confused about it. Very confused indeed. But I just put it down to my memory playing tricks. Then I come across this thread and find out I'm not the only one to experience that phenomena with those particular actors. And now, despite being a very skeptical person on such matters, I feel like there's something very strange going on.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Curio]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Wow, this is a crazy ass thread... definetly has peaked my interest.. I guess if Heath Ledger comes back down the road we'll know somethin really weird is happening.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
Wow, this is a crazy ass thread... definetly has peaked my interest.. I guess if Heath Ledger comes back down the road we'll know somethin really weird is happening.

Well, is he dead? Only my TV told me he was dead. I don't know anyone who knows him do you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join