It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asked about Two-Thirds of Americans Opposition to War, Cheney says 'So?'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Asked about Two-Thirds of Americans Opposition to War, Cheney says 'So?'

rawstory.com

Vice President Dick Cheney had a different message. Informed during a Good Morning America interview broadcast Wednesday that two-thirds of Americans now think the war was not worth fighting, Cheney said: "So?"

"So you don't care what the American people think?" ABC's Martha Raddatz asked.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH...

And herein people, lies the EPITOME of what is wrong with our country right now!!! These crooks just do as they please with NO REGARD for the PEOPLE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE SERVING!!!

We don't even matter as americans!

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

DD, these people haven't listened to the American people from the onset. What news is this?

Cheney cares even less than Bush does. How that's possible I don't know.

The democrats and republicans need to grow some balls and impeach these traitorous cowards.

We've lost THOUSANDS of Americans lives, HUNDREDS of thousands of Afghani and Iraqi lives, between $600 billion and $5 trillion, and these criminals don't give a damn?

[edit on 3/19/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Thats because they dont serve you, they serve their own class interests as has always been the case. Their rhetoric always differs from the actions they take and the policies they impliment. Its not so hard to believe they serve themselves over their consituents

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

As long as we matter to eachother, DD!

Cheney just reveals how comfortable he is in his own cocoon of wealth
& ignorance. Imagine how nice it is to go fishing from a luxury yacht,
while soldiers are dying?

Does Haliburton do the catering on board? lol

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
When i think about that all of his money can one day not help the fact that his heart will go splat!

I think to myself....SO!

[edit on 19-3-2008 by TimeTracker]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The arrogance of our corrupted politicians is overwhelming they don't have to hide anymore behind older ladies and kissing babies to show how they really feel about the people they were elected to spit and step on, I mean to serve and protect.

Arrogant dirt is what they are.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Cheney wanted to glass Iraq and got slapped down - now he wants to glass Iran - he doesn`t care about anyone but himself and all the rest of the so called `Elite`.

The Next US President has allready been decided - now just wait for teh circus of so called democracy to pull into town but the winner allready knows.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Only two-thirds of Americans oppose the war? Surely this is a conservative figure or do 100 million citizens actually agree with the war? I know there are plenty of protests organized - not that it will really change anything, with CFR members, Clinton, McCain and Obama (also a distant relative of Bush and Cheney) still in the race.
Anyway. Thank for the post.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
The Next US President has allready been decided - now just wait for teh circus of so called democracy to pull into town but the winner allready knows.

That quite the jaded, although acurate, perspective. Do you feel the rest of the American public, or rather, a fair portion of the American public, feels the same way?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Doesn't matter who's selected to be POTUS, since the MSM recognized candidates are all tools of the ruling class.

The few that actually file off to the polls and vote will think that they've done their duty, based upon the lies fed them by the MSM.

The majority of the American public doesn't know and doesn't care that it's all a scam.

So long as they've got their teevee, beer and hot pockets.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Where were those two-thirds before that sham war began? It's stunning how gullible people are.

Cheney et al have always been arrogant. They realize they don't have to hide behind bs patriotic rhetoric any longer. They act with impunity because the population submits.

What is it the elitists said... when you can take the citizens' land without so much as a court hearing and it is tolerated, then you know they (the people) are ready for harvest.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

May be, and I agree, but guess what, those beers and hot pockets are getting mighty expensive lately.

So even Joe down the road are feeling the heat in their pockets.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What can you say about this? We knew he never gave a hoot what the American people wanted or thought. He derides public opinion as "fluctuations of the public opinion polls," while at the same time trying to manipulate it.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I am rather curious how Cheney/Bush haven't been impeached by now.

They are clearly some of the biggest liars in Washington. The Democrats rode to victory in 2006 on the anti-war stance, and nothing has happened since. They are arguably worse than these crooks and liars for saying they'd actually do something.

Figures. Politicians say one thing and do the exact opposite. Hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

To play Devil's Advocate- politicians don't usually make policy decisions based upon opinion polls(aside from the Clintons). Leadership implies that at some point one must make their own decisions. You may disagree with those decisions, but that doesn't make it illegitimate.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
you reap what you sew..

This man will truely burn in hell.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So like the comments w made when facing UN criticism of blundering into Iraq in the first place. If I shot a man in the face and gave him a heart attack and didn't turn myself in till 12hrs later after the beers wore off I'd be doing 10 to 20.
They feel they are above the law. Above any criticisms. And hey, he's still making a bundle off Halliburton.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

So, goosdawg, what do you think is the biggest problem facing the American people today? Ignorance or Apathy?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

I am rather curious how Cheney/Bush haven't been impeached by now.

They are clearly some of the biggest liars in Washington. The Democrats rode to victory in 2006 on the anti-war stance, and nothing has happened since. They are arguably worse than these crooks and liars for saying they'd actually do something.

Figures. Politicians say one thing and do the exact opposite. Hypocrites.

It could also be that the Dems didn't have a strong enough case, and they knew it.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join