It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If UFOs are not alien or military, then they are????????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Hi everyone.

Im just seeing if we could get a list of theories started on what UFOs might be if they are not aliens or secret government projects.
I'd love to hear some different ideas of what might be going on, keeping in mind that all UFOs may or may not be the same phenomenon,

lets consider this a thread for theories outside of the norm, i think we could compile an interesting list....

[edit on 17-3-2008 by drock905]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well this is easy to answer.

You can account for most sightings as one of the below

Military craft
Faked/CGI
Mis-identified craft/lights
Delusioned/mentally ill people

You could also add in the fact that just maybe....they are Alien craft.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
thats all true, but It just seems that alot of people have a very closed mind on the phenomenon and too easily accept that its aliens while discounting other ideas.....i dunno just trying to get some dialogue going.

I was thinking more along the lines of people like Carl Jung and their theories.

Not saying its what i believe but, He thought it was more of a pshycologically based phenomenon, its built into our subconscious to challenge our fundamental concept of reality and if it is why? Obviously his ideas dont take into account ufos caught on film and or radar.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well, if what I saw wasn't alien, then it was most probably a delusion. Oh god... why didn't I yell out to the close by people about what I saw? Why?!? *punches self* OW!

Well, off to spend eternity not knowing what Actually happened. Stupid human mind unable to differentiate. ¬_¬

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well it HAS to be 1 or the other?!? Unless its GOD

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A - Alien ...< ExtraTerrestial or InterDimensional

B - Military...< Black OPs or time travelers from Earth Future

C - Psychological Phenomena....< subconscious reaction (reason unknown)

likely associated with the 'God part of the brain'...
which would encompass the idea that UFOs are demons/fallen angels and the use of our atmosphere as their haven
ergo: Demonic Spirits are the powers and principalities of the air... in Biblical terms

those are the only 3 realistic explainations for arial phenomena like zigging-zagging lights in the night sky
OR apparently solid, material UInknown flying crafts seen in daylight & reflecting a light source...
OR mass hysteria-hallucinations such as the Phoenix lights or the Fatima 'dancing- whirling Sun' event
edit on 1-7-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Check out this Interesting 1968 document on UFO

UFO Hypothesis And Survival Questions

www.nsa.gov...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Some could be native terrestrial transports off world
probes from Extraterrestrials off world or from moon
blue beam test
cosmic plasma beings
my 3 cents

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If UFOs are not alien or military, then they are????????,

Ummm….figments of our imagination?

That’s one possible theory.

I'm curious what makes anyone dismiss the first 2 options? I don't think either are far-fetched.

edit on 1-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Multiple witness's seeing multiple figments of imagination, and they show on Radar too! Powerful figments these are, powerrrffuullll figmentss..

Originally posted by seabag

If UFOs are not alien or military, then they are????????,

Ummm….figments of our imagination?

That’s one possible theory.

I'm curious what makes anyone dismiss the first 2 options? I don't think either are far-fetched.

edit on 1-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The universes immune system. Maybe they fight cancer and viruses like Humans.
edit on 1-7-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There are only 2 hypothesis..us or THEM (everything that is NOT human)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well if they aren't off world aliens or on world secret government projects, there's only one thing left! They are a co-existent race of advanced beings that dwell under the ocean and/or in middle earth!

Easy peazie!

edit on 1-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They could also be timetravelers from our future - if none of the other options are available

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

Multiple witness's seeing multiple figments of imagination, and they show on Radar too! Powerful figments these are, powerrrffuullll figmentss..

Well, 90% of “sightings” are easily explained…those are the figments I was referring to.

Like I said, I'm curious what makes anyone dismiss the first 2 options? I don't think aliens or military activity being the cause of some sightings is far-fetched, but the vast majority are figments of imagination, no?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I vote for the Inter-dimensional theory.
Electromagnetism can vibrate at different frequencies, and what we see is a very narrow bandwidth on that spectrum.
With their huge eyes, isn't it possible that aliens see a wider spectrum than humans?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
iron man, or superman

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
iron man, or superman

forgot about santa!!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wind-blown garbage.

We see idiots rally huge crowds of sheeple who send thousands of helium balloons into the sky for mere celebration. Where do the balloons eventually go? Do they naturally break apart and dissolve in the air?

You kidding?

They just float in the upper atmosphere carried by the gulf stream for thousands of miles over the globe.

And it's not just helium-filled rubber balloons or deflated balloons.

All sorts of junk pulled up by tornadoes and hurricanes and even recirculating ocean-floating debris get carried up into the clouds. We've seen raining fish after a storm picks up water from the oceans.

Lightweight plastics and flexible foam can coagulate into spherical or metallic-looking objects held afloat by high winds in the upper atmosphere.

Eventually some settle in the northern Pacific, becoming what many environmentalists describe as a plastic island the size of Texas.

Sometimes we spot them in the air as UFOs.

On the contrary, the seemingly self-guided objects that change direction intentionally are indeed extraterrestrial space craft.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You really think you can see a fish up in the clouds? Maybe a Blue Whale..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join