It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Conservative FSME

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hello everyone.

In case you did not know, I am Semperfortis and I am a Conservative. I am also the new FSME for this forum and I am here to help you.

I am very active politically in my community and even somewhat on the State and even Federal level, so I believe I am fairly adept at the political process; at least here in the United States. Yet I am sure I have much to learn.

That being said I would love the opportunity to answer any questions, help with advice here and in real life politics as well and in turn learn from all of you here in the Conservative Forum.

I believe Conservatism to be the core foundation of this great nation and our only hope of continuing into the future as incredibly successful as we have been in the past.

I believe in:

Corporate America
A Hand Up, not A Hand Out
Limited Federal Government
States Rights
The Constitution (Especially the 2nd Amendment)
Citizen Oversight of Public Entities such as the Police
Privacy in Our Homes
The Right and Responsibility of Parents
The Fair Tax

And much more.

If these issues are important to you, I hope you will take the time to express yourself here in this forum.

I would like to openly invite any opposing view points and liberal philosophy’s as I truly believe the essence of Conservatism is strong enough to withstand any and all scrutiny.

The very real and current issues that we find troubling in today’s political atmosphere, can be the catalyst and this Forum the engine for change; if we want it badly enough.

Semper

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well hey, hey.

Now you can antagonize with immunity...lol.

Good luck, kindest SemperFortis. You'll neeeeeeeed it.

For the most part, you and I agree on many issues, though I'm a bit more moderate than you, though not by much.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by seagull]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Thank you my friend, and spread the word...

We are going to make the Conservative Forum a shining light on ATS as Conservatism should be...

Semper

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
A Hand Up, not A Hand Out

...Whistles nonchalantly

Another time and place.

semper, congratulations on your newly appointed position. For this forum, I don't think there is a better fit. So best of luck. The conservatives of our board are certainly in good hands.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Semperfortis I welcome you as this forum new FSME.

For some background on discussions that have taken place in this forum check out the threads that are listed here.

Or

Topic

Topic

Topic

Hmm a couple things are worth bearing in mind the US is more conservative then Europe and else where. So the likes of states rights doesn't mean much to myself or say an Iranian conservative.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Hmm a couple things are worth bearing in mind the US is more conservative then Europe and else where. So the likes of states rights doesn't mean much to myself or say an Iranian conservative.

Thank you for the welcome...

Granted what you say is correct of course, however I simply listed the ideologies "I" believe in.

What you choose to discuss is of course entirely up to you.

I would love to be better grounded and more knowledgeable in Conservative Politics in other countries.

As there are so very many threads dealing with the American Conservative, perhaps you could take some time and start a thread comparing your countries conservative ideologies with those in the United States?..

I know that I for one would be extremely interested in the comparison...

Semper

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Good going, Semper.

I look forward to many exciting hours here on the conservative forum.

Grady

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thanks Grady!!!!

I welcome you with OPEN ARMS and exuberance as I believe you were my very first voice of Conservative Support here....

Semper

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Congratulations semper, great choice for this forum. Well deserved and well earned.

Although our ideologies clash, I guess I could be called a Libertarian, though that doesn't quite fit, I'll try to make some stops here now and then. With you in the drivers seat, there should be many great discussions to come. I'll add my counter points when possible.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
While Libertarians and Conservative ideals diverge on several issues, it is my belief that the two political ideologies are essentially after the same goals...

So you "Come on in and sit a spell GAOTU789"

"Make yourself right at home"

Semper

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My Man!

Wait to go Semper!

I missed this announcement over the weekend at didn't realize this had happened. Then when I log onto PTS this morning I noticed an unusually large number of new posts in the Conservative forum. I don't have to tell you how excited I was about that.

Glad to have you here Semper and I look forward to many great discussions and debates with you.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Welcome and congratulations.
For over 40 years, I considered myself a conservative. In the last few years, I'm not sure what Conservatism means anymore. I found myself agreeing with Ron Paul on more issues than the supposed Republican "conservative" candidates. Maybe you can "educate me" on what you think conservatism is today, because what I think it is, and what John McCain thinks it is, are two different things.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Semper,

I can't think of a better person to be the new Conservative FSME. Congrats!!

You are way more conservative then I'll ever be but I look forward to enjoyable discussions and learning something new.

To echo Seagull.......Good Luck...........you're so going to need it

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Rock on, Semper. You'll do this forum proud. I'm not a Conservative myself, as you'll find when you run onto my post, but then, I'm slightly out of step on a lot of ideological fronts.

Congratulations.

I'll be in to keep you on your toes now and then.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Congrats on becoming the Conservative forum FSME

I think that you are a fine choice!!

It should be quite lively during this Presidential election year.

Here's to you

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well, well, well, the conservative forum is now political ideology. I'm proud to be an FSME in the same forum my friend cause I'm as Liberal as they get.

I'm pro choice on EVERYTHING! If you have the back side to pay for it than by all means give the world a show.

I look forward to working with you in this new forum.

Love and light,

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
How can Corporate America be at the top of your list?

I'm a conservative Republican, but in the "Old Conservative Republican" sense, not the NeoCon sense.

The way I see it, any Halliburton that sits off-shore to enjoy hoarding my tax dollars without paying back into the system is corruption at the least, and treason at the most.

Do you realize that America is going backrupt due to the manipulation of the currency by the Federal Reserve, among other reasons like tax breaks for corporations, and incentives to move jobs overseas?

I'll admit I'm not that knowledgeable in the way things work, but as an old-school rebublican, I can say that what I see in the economy and the government with the PACS and lobbyists running things isn't how things are supposed to be, and that the politiacally well connected rule the government, and as such the American citizens, who at this point are close to being better off collecting welfare than working, because the compensation they get paid for an hour's work is almost in line with the cost of a gallon of gas to get to work. And these are the people who are "lucky" enough to still have a job, considering the incentives to move American jobs overseas.

Did you know that Halliburton moved it's headquarters to Dubai?

How will my kids pay the trillions of dollars of debt that the current course is presenting them with, espescially if, through Fed manipulation, the dollar decreases in value almost daily?

I'd be willing to bet you're a member of the "Baby-Boomer" generation that let what has happened to America happen. I hope you enjoy living off the Social Security taxes which I put into the system, because I sure won't be able to enjoy those same benefits when I'm at retirement age.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by cryingindian]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cryingindian

Oh yeah, What's FSME?

It sounds very "official."

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

With all the points you made I agree.I do however wonder what your opinion is on the subject,that President Linclon destroyed the united states and replaced it with a new federalism.Where the federal government had sway over the individual states.There have been no states rights since the end of the war between the states.The states are not even allowed a milita as stated in the bill of rights.Now some will say that the National Guard is state milita.It is not.The national Guard is a branch of the army and a Governor has to request the use of the guard from the whitehouse.

Where do you stand on these issues?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

While some good did indeed come from Lincolns term, it is my opinion that he was possibly the greatest abuser of Presidential Powers that has ever held the office.

Let me explain...

States rights are essential to our freedoms. The Founding Fathers knew this and it is clear in the Constitution.

The States have to have the freedom, even to secede from the Union, if the people so choose to do so. When that freedom was taken from us, through the Civil War, we lost.. BIG TIME...

While many are deluded into thinking the Civil War was over Slavery, the roots of the war are far deeper and more insidious.. It truly was all about freedom...

Lincoln felt that the preservation of the Union was more important that the right of the people to decide their own destinies.. He took that away forever..

Just my opinion of course...

Semper

<<   2  3 >>

join