It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Evolutionists"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wilsonfrisk
Also, the Nazis and the communists based their philosophies on Darwin. This is a fact. Mao's mass extermination program was called "the great leap forward". I would advise you to read Andre's responses on that thread. He really does leave the Darwinian believers without words.

yeah- okay.. :shk:

The Concordat between the Vatican and the Nazis

Cardinal Secretary of State, Eugenio Pacelli (later to become Pope Pius XII) signs the Concordat between Nazi Germany and the Vatican at a formal ceremony in Rome on 20 July 1933. Nazi Vice-Chancellor Franz von Papen sits at the left, Pacelli in the middle, and the Rudolf Buttmann sits at the right.

The Concordat effectively legitimized Hitler and the Nazi government to the eyes of Catholicism, Christianity, and the world.

[emphasise mine]

Funny how a man who worhipped Darwin took it upon himself to create such a loving piece of artwork which pays homage to the virgin mary and baby Jesus..

Mother Mary with the Holy Child Jesus Christ, Oil/canvas, 1913

by Adolf Hitler

.anything else you'd like to 'teach' us Wilsonfrisk?

[edit on 17-3-2008 by riley]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Mao's mass extermination program was called "the great leap forward".

The 'great leap forward' was Mao's effort to industrialise China - move China from farming to industry. It was a mess that led to famine, but had nothing to do with Darwin.

Indeed, it was a case of changes in technology forcing changes in society. A purely marxist/communist idea based on production etc.

But I assume because it says 'great leap forward' you think this has something to do with evolutionary biology. If Andre shows a similar level of argument, I'm not surprised he left people 'speechless'. I even wondered whether it was worth my brain glucose to type these words.

On topic: 'evolutionist' is just a sucky word. I suppose if it's used in the context of science, rather than belief systems it makes more sense. For example, we have biologists, psychologists, physicists etc. At the level of theories/paradigms, we have behaviourists, cognitivists etc. So, if an evolutionist is seen as a scientist working within the paradigm of evolution, it appears to make more sense. Whereas if it's just someone who accepts evolution, then so would atomicist, germist etc.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I can't teach anything to you, you are a religious fundamentalist, with a rigid and dogmatic belief system to defend.

Although the idea that Hitler was not basing his actions on the "adapt or die" system is totally nonsensical. Darwinism is the basis of Eugenics. The Darwin family was already practicing eugenics, marrying with only the Wedgewood family; Charles was married to his cousin, and when she died he married his aunt. Most of his children were insane. Galton (falsely accredited with inventing eugenics) was Darwin's cousin.

Hitler ran a eugenics program. That is the basis of Nazism - what is the "superman" and the "master race"? Are these Christian concepts? And your proof he is a Christian is that he publicly supported Christianity? What? Don't all leaders of Christian countries have to do that? Do you think George Bush is a Christian too, with all his gay prostitutes, Skull and Bones, and Moloch worship? Do you just believe it all?

I see you didn't touch communism, as it is well known and undeniable that Lenin, Stalin, and Mao were all devotees of Darwinism. They killed 50 times more people than Hitler.

There is a book people should look into called "In the Min's of Men: Darwin and the New World Order" (I don't recall the author). It documents and sources all of what I have said here.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Yes, it was a coincidence that his program that forced the entire Chinese population to "adapt or die" and was intricately designed and executed to perfectly fit the criteria of Darwin's crisis-propelled progress model was named after a Darwinian concept.

"..."

*snip*

Google "social Darwinism".

Mod Edit: Courtesy is Mnadatory. Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Hitler ran a eugenics program. That is the basis of Nazism - what is the "superman" and the "master race"? Are these Christian concepts?

Actually they're gnostic christian concepts.. a far cry from evolution and atheism. Hitler apparently even took the spear of detiny and brang it back to Germany.. you know.. the one that killed Jesus? It's suppose to give the barer godlike power because it killed the son of god etc. Obviously he believed in it's power as otherwise he wouldn't have bothered with it.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by riley]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Are you brainwashed or just retarded?

You're funny!

Darwinism is the basis of Eugenics. The Darwin family was already practicing eugenics, marrying with only the Wedgewood family; Charles was married to his cousin, and when she died he married his aunt. Most of his children were insane. Galton (falsely accredited with inventing eugenics) was Darwin's cousin.

Genetics and selective breeding is the basis of eugenics. So, if people were already practicing eugenics (i.e. artificial selection), why blame it on Darwin?

Selective breeding has been around for a very long time. That's how we bred domesticated livestock. And the same has been around in human societies for quite a while, it has been knocking about in white supremicist movements this century, many being christian-based.

Eugenics was around in the US before the nazis took it on, supported by christians and scientists. Indeed, the nazis based their eugenics on the US system.

Hitler ran a eugenics program. That is the basis of Nazism - what is the "superman" and the "master race"? Are these Christian concepts?

I'm sure I've heard about god's chosen people before...can't quite remember where...

I don't think the anti-semitism of the nazi party would have been as successful without 1900 years of jew hatred, fermented by the likes of Luther. Anyway, it's good to learn something new every day:

Limpieza de sangre

I see you didn't touch communism, as it is well known and undeniable that Lenin, Stalin, and Mao were all devotees of Darwinism. They killed 50 times more people than Hitler.

And the people running around murdering jews, witches, and muslims in the middle ages where christians. So what?

Stalin had his own version of evolutionary theory. You just need to do a bit more reading. It was called Lysenckoism. That's not so well known, so Stalin wasn't such a big fan of Darwin, he preferred his own pseudoscience. You can read Stalin's own words if you like.

And you can squirm on the Mao 'great leap forward', but it was most definitely a marxist idea. The move to industrialisation was seen as essential before a true communist state could be formed. Read some marx as well. Indeed, one of the big problems for both Stalin and Mao was that they based their agricultural policies on the pseudoscience of Lysenckoism.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

my case is advanced enough by finding those of religious persuasions that believe in evolution

How about the religious group called "Atheists"

Evolutionists use the scientific method ala naturalism where if they can't see it touch it smell it then it isn't real but they won't say that about gravity. I see Atheists at the Republican debates asking if John McCaine believed in evolution. John McCaine is a pretty smart guy and someone I have met and talked with on more then a few occasions.

He used to attend the same Church I do so I guess you can add him to the list but knowing McCaine,, he most likely assumed he was being asked that question by an atheist and doesn't want to risk losing anyones vote. So he said YES, knowing that he might get a few raised eyebrows from the religious right, he also added "but when I look out over the grand canyon I see the hand of God" He wouldn't have answered it that way if he didn't assume that question was asked by an Atheist behind the guise of his interest in Science.

If he had asked McCaine more specifically if he believed in macro evolution, I am pretty sure he would have gotten a differen't answer.

So it might help to be more specific about kind of evolution believers you want to add to your list.

- Con

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm just surprised someone actually mentioned my religion in a thread. Hooray for Shinto.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatoninGenetics and selective breeding is the basis of eugenics. So, if people were already practicing eugenics (i.e. artificial selection), why blame it on Darwin?

Because Darwinism is just a rehashing of an ancient Freemasonic religious belief. It wasn't invented by Darwin. In fact, even his own grandfather tried to introduce the exact same theory in his day. Look into that. All of the concepts of evolution are present in basic Hinduism, on which Freemasonry is also based. It is a pseudoscientific justification of selective breeding and the defining of better and lesser types.

Eugenics was around in the US before the nazis took it on, supported by christians and scientists. Indeed, the nazis based their eugenics on the US system.

Correct. The American Eugenics society, funded by Rockefeller. Sorry for calling you stupid.

In actual fact, all of these concepts have been around as long as history. The royalty of just about every empire in history end up breeding with their own siblings. The priests of Sumer had to give permission for certain individuals to marry, and the Catholic church (the same mystery religion) employed this practice for a long time as well. This is a eugenics concept.

Powerful psychopaths always breed with one another to produce ruthless children who will carry on their work.

I'm sure I've heard about god's chosen people before...can't quite remember where...

Hahaha. From Christian Zionists! And yes, the Zionist movement is very tied to Nazism. It is a very new concept though. As you say, Christians didn't always get along so well with Jews, let alone worship them.

I don't think the anti-semitism of the nazi party would have been as successful without 1900 years of jew hatred, fermented by the likes of Luther. Anyway, it's good to learn something new every day:

Limpieza de sangre

Dude, I am familiar with Christian ideals of "blood purity". You don't have to educate me on the problems of religion. I don't support any religion. I do tend to think the Christian religion is less harmful than the Darwinian faith, but historically, the difference is nominal.

And the people running around murdering jews, witches, and muslims in the middle ages where christians. So what?

Yes. More people died under communism in the 20th century than in all the wars in history combined. But all religions get people to do what the ruling powers want them to. That's their purpose.

Stalin had his own version of evolutionary theory. You just need to do a bit more reading. It was called Lysenckoism. That's not so well known, so Stalin wasn't such a big fan of Darwin, he preferred his own pseudoscience. You can read Stalin's own words if you like.

Yes, I know all about lysenkoism - "biological inheritance"; soaking the seeds in cold water, right? This is to Darwinism what Mormonism is to Christianity.

And you can squirm on the Mao 'great leap forward', but it was most definitely a marxist idea. The move to industrialisation was seen as essential before a true communist state could be formed. Read some marx as well. Indeed, one of the big problems for both Stalin and Mao, was that they based their agricultural policies on the pseudoscience of Lysenckoism.

You know Marx wanted to write the forward to one of Darwin's books? He said it justified his entire philosophy scientifically. The two concepts are part of the same movement. This is self evident. Communism is simply Darwinism as applied to social science.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Con, we can observe and measure the effects of gravity. We can predict its effects. We use it in equations all the time.

Many things in science are 'invisible', as in we can't touch them, but we can observe their effects. In fact, using science we can actually predict the existence of some phenomena before we observe them (e.g., quarks).

The supernatural isn't like that though. We can actually attempt to measure its real-world effects when they are claimed. Thus, we can do experiments on prayer etc.. We tend to find nowt, of course.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

You know Marx wanted to write the forward to one of Darwin's books? He said it justified his entire philosophy scientifically. The two concepts are part of the same movement. This is self evident. Communism is simply Darwinism as applied to social science.

Heh, I actually think most would say darwinism is more akin to capitalism. But even though major post-marxian communists both rejected it for a neo-lamarckian theory, you think communism is just social darwinism.

I can't be bothered answering the rest. Lets just say you have left me speechless. You win.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yes, act all haughty and scurry away like your ancestor the rat.

Another one bites the dust.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

Are you brainwashed or just retarded?

You're funny!

I agree hilarious

Genetics and selective breeding is the basis of eugenics. So, if people were already practicing eugenics (i.e. artificial selection), why blame it on Darwin?

Why blame hating the Jews on Luther and let Darwin off the same hook for his influence on Hitler

The US system didn't include gas chambers to kill millions of a specific race or people. The fact that millions of Christians died trying to stop the Nazi's never gets mentioned

Limpieza de sangre

Cleanliness of blood was an issue of ancestry, not of personal religion. The first statute of purity of blood appears in Toledo, 1449[1], where an anti-Converso riot bans Conversos from most official positions. Initially these statutes were condemned by the monarchy and the Church. In 1496

The Spanish and Portuguese Inquisitions was more concerned with repressing the New Christians and heresy than chasing witches, which was considered to be more a psychological than a religious issue

en.wikipedia.org...

That's what I say,,

SO WHAT

- Con

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
Con, we can observe and measure the effects of gravity. We can predict its effects. We use it in equations all the time.

Many things in science are 'invisible', as in we can't touch them, but we can observe their effects. In fact, using science we can actually predict the existence of some phenomena before we observe them (e.g., quarks).

I realize it exists and I know how to calculate, measure, observe whatever it is holding me to the ground but what causes it? what makes it? how did it evolve? what is it made out of?

The supernatural isn't like that though. .

Oh?? Tell me Mel what is it like? I thought you didn't think there was such a thing.

- Con

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
Why blame hating the Jews on Luther and let Darwin off the same hook for his influence on Hitler

What influence?

Show me him fawning over him?

He did fawn over de Gobineau and Luther. He even called Sparta the first 'volkish state'.

So, I guess you mean through eugenics? Not really specifically Darwin. Galton and others. Eugenics didn't even require Darwin, the ideas had been around for while (e.g., Sparta).

The US system didn't include gas chambers to kill millions of a specific race or people. The fact that millions of Christians died trying to stop the Nazi's never gets mentioned

Well done USA!

The point I'm trying to make here is that you can throw blame on darwin if you think it's worthwhile, but the blame can more readily fall on christian influences.

Myself, I think Hitler was just a nutcase. A meglomaniac who would use whatever he could towards his own ends. The antisemitism of christianity was just as influential as eugenics, probably moreso. Racial purity was around before Darwin - de Gobineau even raised the idea of the Aryan race being adam's descendents. Hitler was hot on him. But eugenics played a part. It gave a facade of scientific credibility to his ideas.

However, the nazis banned some books on evolution.

I think Godwin must be lurking by now...

Originally posted by Conspiriology
I realize it exists and I know how to calculate, measure, observe whatever it is holding me to the ground but what causes it? what makes it? how did it evolve? what is it made out of?

Well, it's either gravitons or the flying spagetti monster pushing stuff down.

Oh?? Tell me Mel what is it like?

Magic?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
there are so, so many things wrong with this incredibly, insanely off topic post that i feel it must be addressed.

Because Darwinism is just a rehashing of an ancient Freemasonic religious belief.

myth
you cannot substantiate this

It wasn't invented by Darwin.

technically, it was first proposed by Erasmus Darwin and then Charlie did all the science
...so it was invented by Darwin, just not Charlie

In fact, even his own grandfather tried to introduce the exact same theory in his day. Look into that.

...no, his grandfather just came up with the idea. he never really tried to introduce it as anything more than some ideas about the concept.
the actual theory as something supportable was Charles

All of the concepts of evolution are present in basic Hinduism, on which Freemasonry is also based.

...have you ever studied hinduism?
speaking as someone who has, you're very mistaken...on both counts.
unless you can provide proof (something you've yet to do)
..especially since freemasonry seems to only show love for the 3 monotheistic religions...

It is a pseudoscientific justification of selective breeding and the defining of better and lesser types.

...selective breeding has been around for millenia
just look at the banana (contrary to what kirk cameron and ray cameron say, it's really the creationist's nightmare)

Correct. The American Eugenics society, funded by Rockefeller. Sorry for calling you stupid.

...it seems like you often resort to ad hom attacks
just like when you told mel "another one bites the dust" when he refused to put up with the headache that i'm now getting from responding to this ignorance.

In actual fact, all of these concepts have been around as long as history.

...not really.
well, parts of it, yes...but that's how a theory works, you take existing knowledge and realize how it's linked together with new knowledge.

The royalty of just about every empire in history end up breeding with their own siblings.

...which is actually the exact opposite of good from an evolutionary standpoint.

The priests of Sumer had to give permission for certain individuals to marry, and the Catholic church (the same mystery religion) employed this practice for a long time as well. This is a eugenics concept.

...sumerian priests? um...evidence?
and the catholic church is nothing at all like the insanely polytheistic sumerian religion(s)...and it never did that
in fact, it seems like you've been fed quite a bit of misinformation
Powerful psychopaths always breed with one another to produce ruthless children who will carry on their work.

Hahaha. From Christian Zionists! And yes, the Zionist movement is very tied to Nazism. It is a very new concept though. As you say, Christians didn't always get along so well with Jews, let alone worship them.

...wow...more ignorance
yeah, it was really the christian zionists that led that slaughter of the middianites in ancient canaan...
the concept of a "chosen people" pretty much dates to the adapted monotheistic religion that we now know as judaism.

I do tend to think the Christian religion is less harmful than the Darwinian faith, but historically, the difference is nominal.

rigorously tested science isn't a faith.
...i'm really understanding why mel didn't respond to this now...
but i shall soldier on.

...and darwinism isn't responsible for any deaths...

Yes. More people died under communism in the 20th century than in all the wars in history combined.

...extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, can you prove these claims?

and 99% of the people that died due to communism actually died from incompetence of those in charge instead of through the brutality of the regimes
...mainly through starvation

You know Marx wanted to write the forward to one of Darwin's books? He said it justified his entire philosophy scientifically.

this is a myth, which just shows how misinformed you are.
look into the reality of it and you'll see that such a thing never happened and such a statement about darwin's works were never made by marx...

The two concepts are part of the same movement. This is self evident. Communism is simply Darwinism as applied to social science.

...actually, in a communist system those unfit to survive still survive...
so it's actually the exact opposite.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

why would i leave one of those religions that's incredibly peaceful out?

...other religions, take note on how to do things

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You're doing very, very well indeed. Keep fighting the good fight! Deny ignorance!

FYI Freemasonry, at least in the UK, has no preference over which supreme being you worship, just that you have one. You can be a Sikh, Hindu, Muslim, Jew, Christian, Rastafarian, Pastafarian, whatever. It's about believing in something greater. Not that I believe in any such beings, btw.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

oh, it must be a thing of the lodges that were near me...

anyway, the challenge to Con stands.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The only real type of evolution is micro-evolution.

Macro-evolution is disproven by The Law of Biogenisis.

The Law of Biogenisis states that all life comes from pre-existing life.

Evolution states that all life came from a primordial soup, which was not alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join