It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Official Admits to Having Chased UFOs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

"Over the years we have chased many, many, many of these things," says a NASA Shuttle Program Manager in regards to the lights seen before the Atlantis shuttle reentry in 2006. Was he trying to subtly disclose information to the public that NASA has indeed attempted to chase UFO's before? He says it so casually that no one on the broadcast picks up that he said NASA has actually gone after similar UFO's before.

What do yall make of it?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Those object could be anything. Aliens or frozen pee floating in space. In triangle formation that is.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Breadfan]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I agree, could be space junk, however I don't understand why NASA deemed it/them worth chasing.

OT: OP, cool avatar.
What's the history behind it?

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan
Those object could be anything. Aliens or frozen pee floating in space. In triangle formation that is.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Breadfan]

The post does not try to start a speculative conversation on what the objects in the video are, but that NASA admits to having chased them and similar object. As far as I know they have never admitted to chasing UFO's before.

Originally posted by Alxandro
OT: OP, cool avatar.
What's the history behind it?

OT: It is a painting by Aert de Gelder (1645-1727) that depicts the Baptism of Christ, and a strange object in the sky illuminating him. I'm sure we can all guess what it is

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
:bump:

Nobody is interested that a NASA Official ACTUALLY admitted to having chased UFO's before??

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
A bit off/on topic - Wonder what people would say about the fact that the story is told by Fox news

Completely on topic -
Hmm majority of the report seems to talk about the fact of debris in space, perhaps I shall have to watch it again, but it seems to be a bickering about whether it's debris or something else?

Not quoted word for word but its in there and just found it interesting.

We found many many of these things and followed them...Found them to be no hazard.

Anywho, I shall watch it again, but it sounds to me like there talking about space junk mainly.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
What i find interesting is that they say they know and track most of the so called space junk up there....

Why chase them, to see if they could be a hazard or not?
Something is false again.....

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
Nobody is interested that a NASA Official ACTUALLY admitted to having chased UFO's before??

I think we'd all be a lot more impressed if they actually managed to catch one. But apparently they were too slippery for NASA and their fancy rockets. Oh, well, better luck next time.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well I am amazed!. The NASA spokesman seemed to point in the direction towards things they couldn't explain. IMHO he is talking about intelligent life, ships, crafts. I say they fired him now - because of the leading interview.

When is this clip from?

If we could invite him or get a mail address to ask him some questions regarding these unexplained events taking place

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

Thank you for your post , it's really interesting , but i remeber this video to be several months old , if i'm right.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This footage and reply are chilling.

They admit tp chasing UFOs and conclude they are NO threat.

The #1 offical footage next to the battle of LA.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So they are saying as long as its not a hazard they dont care or care to speculate either..it could be a block of ice or an alien ship and they're saying "no big deal"? - how scary..

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well judging by the look of it, it is in the last 2 years since Fox has updated their layout. Meaning, it is most likely from one of these three missions, the Feb 7, 2008 one being least likely.

2006 September 9 STS-115
2007 June 8 STS-117
2008 February 7 STS-122

With this being said, the video was added on YouTube on September 25, 2006. This means it had to have been STS-115. I wonder why no one has really talked about this before?

[edit on 3/26/2008 by InterestedObserver]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Video added - Added: September 25, 2006

So its an older video am I right?

Well judging by the look of it, it is in the last 2 years since Fox has updated their layout. Meaning, it is most likely from one of these three missions, the Feb 7, 2008 one being least likely.

2006 September 9 STS-115
2007 June 8 STS-117
2008 February 7 STS-122

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsguy_106

Video added - Added: September 25, 2006

So its an older video am I right?

2006 September 9 STS-115
2007 June 8 STS-117
2008 February 7 STS-122

Damn, you beat my edit. I figured it down to being the STS-115 mission.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I admit this sounded exciting, but what they're actually talking about is space debris.

They say they don't know how certain things get there, well keep in mind that space is full of junk. Other countries are out in space, lots of objects are probably unaccounted for. Space shuttles routinely detatch themselves from their massive fuselages... who knows what else gets left behind up there?

Space junk is dangerous. It can whip through orbitting at massive velocity... this I assume is why NASA keeps an eye on debris which comes close to the ISS. And when they say such things are routinely found to be harmless, I assume the debris did not endanger anything up there.

I personally believe NASA and it's astronauts have already been 'found out'. The astronauts have open accounts of encountering UFO's and plenty of footage from NASA has been leaked already. Anyone remember the footage of the space object darting away from a missile shot from Earth? Those are the type of things that ensure that NASA will never fully come forward. They've already been found out and they are just keeping hush hush about the current contact with E.T.'s.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
First an observation...other than a straight line, it's almost impossible to put three objects in a field of view and not have them form some kind of triangle.

The spokesman used "chased" in a colloquial sense. Much the same way I would say, "I'm gonna' chase me down a cocktail after work." He's informally referring to the activity of pursuing information as to what the objects are as a "chase".

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't say this video proves anything. It could be UFOs, but it could be debris. It doesn't seem to move like anything intelligent, even though it/they form a triangle.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
They keep many things a secret from the slaves.

NASA science mission director resigns

Alan Stern, associate administrator of NASA's science mission directorate, said Wednesday he is leaving the National Aeronautics and Space Administration

I wonder why Stern's reasons for his resignation weren't reported.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
They keep many things a secret from the slaves.

NASA science mission director resigns

Alan Stern, associate administrator of NASA's science mission directorate, said Wednesday he is leaving the National Aeronautics and Space Administration

I wonder why Stern's reasons for his resignation weren't reported.

Interesting, but it seems a bit OT here. Unless you can tie anything in with this? Judging by the Wiki article on the New Horizons mission, Stern still believes Pluto is the 9th planet. Maybe he was pissed at NASA for saying otherwise

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join