It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a perfect world what would you be able to buy with $1?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What do you think you should be able to buy with a dollar if we were to say the value of the dollar would never change again?

I think you should be able to buy...

$1 Gallon of milk
$1 Carton of eggs
$1 Loaf of bread
$1 Gallon of gas

everything else would be relative including minimum wage.
no more taxes period. oh to live in my perfect little world!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Didn't you heard the treasury department is going to get away with the dollar

It will not be worth anything anymore.

Just a joke!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually the way the oil keeps rising with not control at all the one single dollar will have not value by the end of the year.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I reckon that wind or solar power should be made available to everyone for $1 or in my case £1.

Reminds me of an article i read about a local mining community that when they closed the mine the coal board sold off the land to local authorities for £1.

A pound

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
in a perfect World - What's a Dollar?

Greed is fed by the dollars and in a perfect world we wouldn't have any need for money.

working together for the same goal - - never going to happen on ATS so why in the real world.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Technically you don't have to pay taxes, there is no law that requires you to do so in fact it is forbidden in the constitution to tax income. However there is the fear that the police well come with guns and put you in jail if you don't pay it. The founding fathers would roll in their graves, hah.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
if someone offered me the world on a silver platter!

i'd take the platter

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canis Lupus
Technically you don't have to pay taxes, there is no law that requires you to do so in fact it is forbidden in the constitution to tax income. However there is the fear that the police well come with guns and put you in jail if you don't pay it. The founding fathers would roll in their graves, hah.

i also meant sales tax.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by puzzled2

Greed is fed by the dollars and in a perfect world we wouldn't have any need for money.

working together for the same goal - - never going to happen on ATS so why in the real world.

you have an excellent point there, i like your thinking!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Perfect world? It sure would be nice to buy a good heart or brain surgery, or maybe chemotherapy for a buck. I have a feeling I might be needing any or all of these things one of these days.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'd use my lowly 1 dollar to buy wine, woman and song. Than, when I am broke and all alone with just fond memories, I'd smile and take a pee on a parking lot bush while whistlin that song I bought earlier.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by puzzled2

HoHo, It seems like concept of communism? That is not possible!
it is joking!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Nothing... in the perfect world we don't need any money to get our daily needs. That is the only answer I can come up with.

top topics

join