It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians...how do you justify all of this?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A Christian is by definition someone who follows the teaching of the Christ. Most of what is in the Bible, is not Christ's teaching. They are great examples of what is not Christs teaching. Its what makes the Bible the greatest story ever told, on many different levels.

From reading the Bible, I get a sense that its supposed to be that way, to show you how not to be. If you listen to ONLY what Jesus teaches, and LISTEN carefully to his teaching, he seems to be teaching that all of the laws man makes or ever imposes through words or systems, are evil.

Its just that Ive read the bible and I love it dearly, but I first read a lot of eastern literature and scripture, and when I read the Bible, Jesus and his parables speak the same truth and in the same fashion that the Hindu's, Jains, and Buddhas did.

Peace and love to all other beings, anything less, is "evil"

If you believe that satan exists, and rather is not just your will giving in to the desire to think of negative images and ideas, then of course he will exist. I believe that this is the deception that "christians" will suffer, the deception that satan will bring forth, you know, the "many will come in my name and deceive.." line, I believe its true.
You create your own hell. If you believe in it, you go there. If you know the truth, it does not exist any more than the next idea chosen by the will to resonate in the mind/soul whatever.

Christianity is very heavily drowned by personal opinion these days rather than the actual essence it carried as when Jesus spoke of what he spoke of.(constant equality, meditation, prayer, and charity)
(obviously this is my opinion so call me a hypocrite, Ill gladly burn in hell if I'm wrong, but Id rather listen to God and Jesus than temporal opinions)
I would love to say Im christian(but i dont want other christians thinking im trying to come in the name of christ to deceive them), and I do not deny christ in any way, but the church, and any laws that cannot be found by reason like Jesus and the Jain monks did, simply does not exist but in the minds of those being deceived by the physical world(the devil) and that great deception.

A lot of christians totally disagree with me and those who share such beliefs, Iv'e even been told I'm not a Christian! What is that about? who decides that? I dont understand why, but then I do, because it talks about it in the Bible!

thus, why I usually dont post anything on the subject, but just felt the urge. I will never convict people of being wrong, no one KNOWS for sure anything, but its other "christians" that come trying to JUDGE other men, rather than leave that to God and be humble in their "knowing" and just try to spread the word, that give the bible a bad name.
To the OP, I justify it by realizing that there are some christians who are really satanists, and of course this must have been the case the whole time, so its no wonder we end up with a text like the bible rather than a text like the Tao Te Ching. If you read the books of the bible supposedly written by Jesus that never made it into the Bible, you can easily see that politics and people control was more important than enlightenment and salvation to those who released the varying versions of what we today call The Bible.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
How can anyone believe in such a book and that it is unerring unless they actually agree with those digusting things? I wonder sometimes if some christians really do know the bible.

I don't think comments like the this are very representative of an open forum discussion.

Originally posted by jmdewey60
BTW get a good life insurance policy.
Sounds like someones been reading a little too much bible.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Well to be honest that's pretty much what I thought ... but I still don't understand why so many people insist that the word of God is 'perfect' and eternal (implying that it should be adhered to, to the letter at all times) ... when obviously even the Christians have felt it necessary to change/adapt said words.

It sends out very mixed signals being so contradictary and I think that might be why a lot of people get very frustrated with the more hardcore Christians when they insist that we must live by the word of God (again Christian perspective) or risk eternal damnation in the afterlife ... you can see how confusing it might be for those who are just starting out on a spiritual quest, but not sure which path to follow.

Could you or any other Christians posting here, maybe take each of the points made in the video and explain what is really meant by them and how they are worked / viewed in modern society please, just to provide clarification and prevent the misunderstanding that the video was obviously designed to create.

Thank-you in advance. Woody

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by finnegan

You may misunderstand what I was trying to say. What I meant is that it is pretty safe to criticize Christianity. No Christians are going to kill someone for calling Jesus an idiot, like in this video.
What I mean is that if someone was so bold as to do the same against Mohamid, they may find a bomb in their mailbox.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

Now that is a post I can read ... understand and agree with. I've just added you to my 'friends' list (hope you don't mind) and I'm giving you a star. Very pleased to meet you. The world needs many more people with your kind of thinking and an ability to put your thoughts across so succinctly.

Woody

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

The only advice I have for people on the fence of religion or spirituality, is since you are at the beginning, start at the beginning, research all the different religions from the oldest to the most recent, and you see exactly what is going on.
They all try for the same thing, its the politics of the opinions of the beliefs reflecting and echoing off each other over time which have made them have contradictory rules.

This is why you can be buddhist and christian at the same time.
for instance, jesus said, if you wish to be perfect sell all your possessions and give to charity, then follow me.(oh you mean wander the land meditating praying and spreading the true word?)
and since all that jesus teaches resonates clearly with what krishna or buddha teaches(even these two suffer the politics of religion), I personally assume Jesus means to follow the middle path, to never take sides, to acknowledge and seek the truth about the human nature and the truth about your eternal self/ eternal life.

The despicable things in the bible are there as an example of how not to be, plain and simple. The contradictory essence of the bible is a metaphor for the duality man finds suffering in.
The bible holds great knowledge, but to be the sort of person who says this material which will one day decay is anything more than a material that is going to decay, then that person should take a good analysis of what idolization is. Nothing here in the physical world should be elevated over God, that means books, words, anything perceivable by the 5 senses.
What is sacred and true can not be defined by any human language, and this is the law that Jesus teaches to follow.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is all very interesting to me as my family is 100% christian and i've noticed inconsistencies here and there, but if this is true, i am astounded. This might sound stupid but what i'd like to know if when the bible was wrote, did they "really" intend it for the present generation or was it intended for the entire future of mankind? I could understand for their present generation but for rules like this in the future of today?? That's completely and utterly ridiculous!

Thanks and great post BlackOps719

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
"THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE!"

It is NOT up to Christians to kill sinners, because we should not judge who is a sinner or not. That is God's job!

DUH!

The Bible also says "Thou shalt not murder!". How did that go ignored the entire video??? Christans only have to follow the ten commandments, not the entire Bible!

When the Bible says "should be put to death" it means GOD should put you to death, nobody else, because it's a SIN for man to kill, and you shouldn't judge in the first place.

F.Y.I. the Bible was written by a few different people. The words of God channeled through them, and made them write the different books inside of the Bible. So not everything can be taken 100% literal all the way through, there could be mistakes in translation, and also the writers own thoughts injected in some areas. THE BIBLE IS NOT ONE BOOK IT IS MANY BOOKS IN ONE. You don't read the entire thing and mush all the storys together. You read one BOOK at a time.

For instance, there is a story in the Bible where God tells Abraham to sacrifice his only son. If people read that part of the Bible and took it 100% literaly, they would be killing their son's! If they read the rest of the story, they would find out that right as Abraham was going to kill his only son, God stopped him and gave him and his son gifts, because it was a test. Since Abraham was going to follow God's word, even if it meant killing his own son, God knew Abraham was worthy, and he passed the test.

Anyway, DEATH DOESN'T EXIST. LIFE AFTER DEATH IS REAL. THAT IS WHY DEATH IS NOT A BIG DEAL TO GOD.

-----

Side note:
You people are brainwashed, dumbed down, knowledge forgeters anyway. You all have been conditioned with fear. You get scared when you hear the word "death" like it is a major thing. If you truely understood physics, if you truely understood how small and insignificant you are compared to the rest of the entire universe. Then DEATH wouldn't seem like a big deal at all.

Because you are human, you think you are the most important thing in the universe to be alive. When the fact is, you are no better than the dead skin cells constantly falling off of your skin.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Where are all the hardcore Christians defending the wisdom of God in the OT? Maybe it's just more convenient to give each other "high fives" on the other threads? Disappointing turn out so far ...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Personally, I think these are all valid questions. However, rather than being directed solely at Christianity, I think they should be directed at all Abrahamic religions, that would be Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. Because they all say that stuff. And to bring up this point isn't bashing Islam or Judaism, and it's not trying to deflect criticism from
Christianity - I don't care because I don't belong to any religion. But it is pointless to point the finger at one and not the other two.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
First of all, I am not a Christian nor am I anti-Christian in any way. For all intents and purposes I am someone who is on the fence when it comes to religion.

First of all. What do you consider to be the meaning of Christian? And for that matter explain to me your perception of anti-Christian? The reason I have to ask before going further is that there is no sitting on the fence between the two. You either believe (christian) or you don't (anti-christian)
I suppose there might be some 'void' type place between the two, but if so and that's where you sit, then how can darkness comprehend the light?

I watched less than 3 minutes of that video and it is an attack upon the LAWLESS ones, oe even a video made by the lawless one, not real sure but this has nothing to do with those who were redeemed by the blood FROM the law ie; "Christians"
The law was and is absolutely perfected by and through the blood of the Lamb of God.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

Psychedeliack, from what's been imparted to me via the spirit realm, your
observations are right on target. If we love each other, we're doing
exactly wha Jesus and other wise spiritual leaders have taught. It's not
necessary to subscribe to any single religion to see heaven after physical
death. We all came from heaven and we will all return to heaven after
leaving Earth. We will study what our Earth life was like, learn from it
and take those lessons with us to the next destination...be it back here on
Earth or any one of a million plus worlds in this vast universe(s). The
number of times each of us will do this is incomprehensible to our finite
minds. The Creator (our father) is pure LOVE. "He" takes immense joy
in seeing his children demonstrate acts of love and kindness. Even those
humans who are/were extremely evil are still loved by Him. They're
just helping to fulfill the overall plan. Everything is by His design. Life
goes so much smoother when we accept everything as being a learning
experience that's part of the overall long-term plan that our Father is
orchestrating for a reason. -CWM

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You should work for six days and rest on the seventh. So you will not died from exhaustion. People back then work from sun up to sun down seven days a week. And they end up dieding young. The fourth commanment was override when you help put out a fire, defend your country, help someone out. Like if they needed you to help them either by getting themself out of a pit or one cattles.

If your hand cause you to sin cut them off. I only can think of two things. One is,if it bother you. Cut it off. Two, Cut your hand away from what cause you to sin.

Did God made man and man? Or did he made man and woman? Wouldn't God have giving man the capable of giving birth to a child. If he wanted both man to get marry. No,he had made woman to be giving the capable of giving birth to childreds.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
God is the Alpha & Omega and his "word stands forever" (I Peter 1:24). Why does Jesus' appearance change anything regarding what was written in the OT? I never understood that logic ...

[edit on 6-3-2008 by crestone]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
BlackOps,

The only stoning and rampant murdering going on was done by Jews in the Old Testament, or Gentiles/Jews/Romans stoning Christian missionaries in the New Testament.

But no where does it advocate stoning, or any other violence on an other man. At least the Christian teachings dont ..

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
BlackOps,

The only stoning and rampant murdering going on was done by Jews in the Old Testament, or Gentiles/Jews/Romans stoning Christian missionaries in the New Testament.

But no where does it advocate stoning, or any other violence on an other man. At least the Christian teachings dont ..

You are pulling my leg, right? I probably misunderstand your last two sentences, or you have never read the OT.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
**Just retracted my post to keep on topic of the video ** brb

[edit on 6-3-2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Let’s look at the logic of the statement that all things were created in the image of the god described in the Bible. If this is so, and he created Lucifer as stated in the Bible, as his most perfect angel, and by the story, mutated into a horrible monster that hated his very creator, would it not be logical, that when this god created Lucifer, he would have known before even creating Lucifer, that he would become this monster? In the literal understanding of the Bible, all things were created by the Biblical concept of god, and therefore all things that were created had to come from a part of himself, then it is absolutely impossible to get away from the fact that the god of the Bible would have had to of had this hideous evil in HIM to have been able to have created something even with the potential of becoming what Lucifer becomes in the Bible.

In the literal understanding of the Biblical text, and accepting the logic of the writers, it would not have been possible for evil to exist if it did not exist FIRST in the embodiment of the creator himself. And yes, it is not just Christianity, but the entire Abrahamic triad which I call "The Trinity of Deception". And to say that this concept of the creator needed to get "experience" before he could get things right is to say that he in fact, was capable of making mistakes, and is therefore imperfect.

The True Creator does not need humans to do it's work, nor does it destroy what it creates, nor does it need to be told how wonderful it is constantly in order to feel good. It is the very fabric of Creation itself. It takes fear, not faith to implement the indoctrination of good people, terrified of NOT "believing" it.

Remember, the very word "occult" in the dictionary simply means "hidden". Having said that, it is only logical to ask that if one is truly teaching divine truth, what reason would they have to hide anything? It is how the lie is protected. Make people terrified at the very idea of asking the simple question...what are they hiding?

[edit on 02/13/2007 by ForceMaster]

[edit on 02/13/2007 by ForceMaster]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Although the Bible is the word of God, you must remember that it was written by Man. This means that a lot may have been lost in the translation.

from Wiki:

The statue depicts Moses with horns on his head. This is believed to be because of the mistranslation of Exodus 34:29-35 by St Jerome. Moses is actually described as having "rays of the skin of his face", which Jerome in the Vulgate had translated as "horns" (See Halo). The mistake in translation is possible because the word "karan" in the Hebrew language can mean either "radiated (light)" or "grew horns".

Most of these "repulsive" examples given in the video are from the Old Testament and since the least severe of these are from the New Testament, should the question really be directed towards Christians?

Op, Correction: when referring to the "Religion of Peace" it is Islam that claims that title. I don't understand why you are so quick to defend the religion that still appears to have the propensity to commit the atrocious acts covered in the video that you are appalled by?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
First you must understand that Christians believe in the afterlife and that there spirit survies past the death of the flesh. Life on earth in the flesh is just a test. Good-Evil. Which path easy or hard. Your spirit is your real being. Your flesh body is just your "character" or "game piece" in this test.

The way I use to explain it is a video game. When you(spirit) are playing a video game you(spirit) control what the character(flesh body) is doing. You make choices during that game. If you killed a character(flesh body) during that game you(spirit) do not die.

Now if God is a spiritual being and knows that your spirit lives on after your flesh dies, because that is what you where before you were born in the flesh, why would he have a problem telling you to kill in his name? He knows that it is just the flesh dieing and your spirit ot true being lives on. What is barbaric about that?

If you are not a Christian and do not believe in the afterlife in the spirit then yes it would seem barbaric. Only true question is: Do you believe or not?

Hope this made some sense.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join