It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding the True Religion ? Help Somebody

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Nowadays, we often hear preachers say that the church and religion are no longer important because, what matters, according to them, is relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ. And via this relationship with Christ, man would become worthy in the sight of God. They also claim that the church could not save a man.

If you are a keen student of the Bible, you would readily discern that such are claims and beliefs of impertinent people, those who have a very obscure understanding of the Bible. Of course, the church per se could not really save a man. But why is the church necessary? In the first place, is it needed or not?

If we will only exercise logic and common sense, we will not be misled. By using our common sense, let us see for ourselves if the church is needed. Common sense tells me that if it is not important, then, our Lord Jesus should not have established it! If the church is not needed, it would appear that our Lord Jesus Christ does not exercise common sense. Why build a church when it is not needed after all? It is just like installing a post, or a pillar that did not reach up to the roof. Of what use is that pillar if that is the case? If it is unnecessary you better discard it, otherwise, your head might just bump into it. If you insist in having it there, that is a proof of your lack of common sense.

But let us find out from the Bible if a man has any need for the church. And if the church is needed, should we make ourselves a part of that church? What do the Born Again pastors mean when they said that the church could not save a man? Actually, that is how they entice people from joining their “fellowship,” or “crusade,” or “ministry”. If we are going to ask the Bible about the importance of the church, which was established by Christ during the first century AD, the Bible will answer us truthfully. Do we have to join the church, or do we just have to ignore it? Is there a truth to the common belief that so long as a man prays fervently and he is not doing anything wrong to his fellowmen, regardless of your religious affiliation, he would still be saved? Is it in accordance to the will of God? This is what Deuteronomy 12:5 says--

“But unto the place which the LORD your God shall choose out of all your tribes to put his name there, even unto his habitation shall ye seek, thither thou shalt come.”

Where are we supposed to go, according to the Lord God? The Bible says that--

“unto the place which the Lord your God shall choose…”

Who shall choose the place? God, of course! Did He give any specific directive? Did God give His consent that we can go anywhere? No! There is no sense if you will just go anywhere. It would appear that you are the god because, despite His directive, you still go where you want to go.

If your son tells you that he will go wherever he wants to because he is already 10 years old, will you give him your consent? Actually, even if your son or daughter is already in his/her age of reason, you still would not let your children go wherever they want to because you love them. But greater is the love of God to all of us that is why He would not permit us to be just anywhere. Being a God of justice, He will not allow you to go anywhere you want. What the Bible says is clear--

“unto the place which the LORD your God shall choose out of all your tribes to put his name there, even unto his habitation shall ye seek, thither thou shalt come.”

Let me give you an example. For a time, Adam and Eve served God. They were not bad in the beginning. And while they were in service to God, they were kept safe in a place chosen by god, and that was the Garden of Eden. Gen. 2:8, 15 says--

“And the LORD God planted a garden eastward of Eden ... And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden ...”

Here is just a bit Info Hope We can Discuss this in General point of views and
have a logical response to each corespondents who want to reply in this topic.

BEST REGARDS, and GOD Bless
Johnb1

[edit on 5-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Honestly, it has been a while since I endured a church service. To me, going to church is little more than an excuse for a social affair. I can manage my spiritual life quite rightly on my own. I don't need a preacher, priest or anything else standing over me telling me what I should and shouldn't believe.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That's right Bro If you have one of this things in you (^^,)

Romans 2:15

15in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,

I ain't no preacher I'm just sharing good stuff just live our life to the fullest
Humble and kind Be Brave and Wise.

Matthew 24:24-25

24"For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

25"Behold, I have told you in advance.

Cool Straight Answer you got there YEAH

Love Above All Don't Believe Easily in Hearsay

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
some churches are great, most are just social excuses. Its hard to find a great church.
I never understood the bible until I read it without any precept of the the people who presented it to me in the first place.
For instance Matthew 19:21 Jesus answered "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
Now I have a hard time swallowing what Creflo Dollar or Leroy Jenkins has to say when they roll around in Royces and own multi million dollar homes.
Give to caesar what is caesars, but give to god what is gods.

Try reading the bible alongside the Tao Te Ching, It really seems like Jesus was teaching from the Tauist perspective.
I wouldn't expect god to come down to earth and speak any other way!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Real religion exsists within.

If someone was born on a deserted island and raised by monkeys, will that guy have to goto hell for not serving God because he didnt have a bible or even knew how to read?

How about deaf blind people, hell bound?

Real religion exists within us all. The animals around you are doing god's will without knowing he exists.

These are the secret sayings that the living Jesus spoke and Didymos Judas Thomas recorded.

1 And he said, "Whoever discovers the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death."

2 Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. 2When they find, they will be disturbed. 3When they are disturbed, they will marvel, 4 and will rule over all."

3 Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) imperial rule is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. 2If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. 3Rather, the (Father's) imperial rule is inside you and outside you. 4When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. 5But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

4 Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, 5 and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, 6when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, 7then you will enter [the (Father's) domain]."

50 Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established [itself], and appeared in their image.' 2If they say to you, 'Is it you?' say, 'We are its children, and we are the chosen of the living Father.' 3 If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest.'"

51 His disciples said to him, "When will the rest for the dead take place, and when will the new world come?"

2He said to them, "What you are looking forward to has come, but you don't know it."

This part I like, Jesus is saying (in other translations) that these people that claim to be religious figure heads are really nobodies.

78 Jesus said, "Why have you come out to the countryside? To see a reed shaken by the wind? 2And to see a person dressed in soft clothes, [like your] rulers and your powerful ones? 3 They are dressed in soft clothes, and they cannot understand truth."

86 Jesus said, "[Foxes have] their dens and birds have their nests, 2but human beings have no place to lie down and rest."

91 They said to him, "Tell us who you are so that we may believe in you."

2He said to them, "You examine the face of heaven and earth, but you have not come to know the one who is in your presence, and you do not know how to examine the present moment."

92 Jesus said, "Seek and you will find. 2In the past, however, I did not tell you the things about which you asked me then. Now I am willing to tell them, but you are not seeking them.

111 Jesus said, "The heavens and the earth will roll up in your presence, 2and whoever is living from the living one will not see death." 3Does not Jesus say, "Those who have found themselves, of them the world is not worthy"?

112 Jesus said, "Damn the flesh that depends on the soul. 2Damn the soul that depends on the flesh."

113 His disciples said to him, "When will the (Father's) imperial rule come?"

2"It will not come by watching for it. 3 It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' 'Rather, the Father's imperial rule is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it."

From the Gospel of St. Thomas ( dead sea scrolls of the spoken workd or Jesus)
www.westarinstitute.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Listen why dont you study them all, i am sure they all have their fair share of truth and lies...

go to this site

www.sacred-texts.com...

Baha'i
Buddhism
Christianity
Confucianism
Jainism
Judaism
Hinduism
Islam
Mormonism
Paganism
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoism
Zoroastrianism

read all those books, then once you are done with that go and read the urantia book

urantiabook.org...
helloearth.info...

and there, keep an open mind about all possibilities, because i am sorry to burst your bubble but it was aliens that have messed with our past. God is the highest form of light, it is the universe, we are apart of it, god is a unlimited consciousnesses...all is one and one is all

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Actually Someone has already Been Finished Studied Them All and Continuing to discover more for the benefit for all mankind that who is a TRUTH Seeker and Sensible Preacher In Our TIMES. This Person and If you want to Test Him Go ahead and I assure you you will think many Question about Philosophy but He has always a good Imformative answer for all the Questions of Man that bothered in their Minds and Hearts.

I'm Not Promoting Really as a Spam or Advertisement It's Just

Morally,Scientifically,Spiritually,Mathematically,Logically,Biblically Challenge We are Whenever someone Don't Believe in GOD.

I hope the Administrators and Moderators Would Not Delete this Message

You ask and the Bible will answer, is the challenge of Bro. Eli Soriano to whosoever would ask him anything under the sun. Be it religious, health, politics and science, Bro. Eli answers anyone who would ask with the use of the Bible as the formidable basis to resolve doubts and questions in the minds of truth-seekers and even skeptics, in hopes of salvation of the souls.

A Question that Always been Answered 24/7 Via Internet, TV and Radio Programs and many Bible Expositions.

Bro. Eli Soriano's bible expositions on the Internet. An interactive chat during live event makes Bro. Eli answer questions and doubts of people about God, existence, creation, meaning of life, religious doctrines, and more."

[edit on 5-3-2008 by johnb1]

[edit on 6-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I would not want to follow advice from someone who makes a post, as if they are asking for advice, then turn around and give a pre-cooked answer.
Sorry about that. I was about to give some reply to your post as some sort of incouragement, untill I realized that you were fishing.
Have a nice time with your church.
My church has a head, named Jesus Christ.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Who said that there is some one advising you ?
Pre-Cooked or just
all of the Questions under the sun has a undeniable Logical and has a Scientific Answer in our lives. Fishing?

How about teaching a Person to Catch a Fish and he will gain from it until the rest of his/her life

ASK THE BIBLE and THE BIBLE only WILL ANSWER

15if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

16Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:

He appeared in a body,
was vindicated by the Spirit,
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.

2 Timothy 3:14-17

14But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST IS OUR GOD HEAD CHURCH ALSO

How Nice to Hear you that you Believe Also in Jesus Christ THE SHINING
BRIGHT MORNING STAR

Is not just fishing it's

Sowing the Seeds of the TRUTH on the Inter-WEB

[edit on 6-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I agree. When you see people "lifting men" up, as is obvious from the pictures posted, and the elevating words from the poster about this man, you can clearly see that the man is of higher regard than what the man is supposed to be representing.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Honesty is always the best policy.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Here Again Some Other Says Pre-cooked This is How I Roll and this is The Meaning that I cannot please everybody

Did you see where God intended man to live? Spiritually, physically, and biologically speaking, God wanted man to live where plants grow abundantly. For the man of God to be healthy, Adam was put in a place chosen by God. He did not place him in an environment that would be hostile to him like the Sahara desert. And neither did He place him in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Adam was meant to be taken care of by God in the Garden of Eden. There was a specific place that God assigned for Adam – the garden. And there, he could freely eat the fruits of the plants except the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

In other words, during the duration of Adam’s service to the Lord, he stayed in the place where God wanted him to be. But when Adam and Eve transgressed, they were sent out of the Garden of Eden.Genesis 3:23 says--

“Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden ...”

This means that the Garden of Eden is a place of obedience. If you disobey, you will be thrown out. And it is after God has thrown you out that you can go wherever you want to. You can now be a vagabond like Cain. You can now go wherever you please because you refuse to be taken care of by God. You see, God has an administration over man, and Adam and Eve used to be under God’s direct administration when they were still in the Garden of Eden. But after their transgression, they were sent away. It is very important that we realize this. This truth could also be reflected in the “Pasyon” of the Catholics:

“Sapagka’t pastor kang tunay
Nitong mundong kabilugan
Ang obehang sino pa man
Kung di masok sa bakuran
Hindi mo masasakupan.

(Because you’re the real pastor)
(Of this world)
(And whosoever refuses)
(To enter your domain)
(Will be outside your administration)

Therefore, there is a specified place of dominion. So, who was the god who taught you that you can be wherever you want to be? Definitely, he is not the God of the Bible. He is just the god invented by greedy pastors who crave for your money. They are bringing people anywhere. See if they are not really craving for your money. One pastor said, “Yes, you can go to any other church. You can listen to their sermons, you can pray with them, and worship with them. But your tithes must be given to your mother church!” Do these pastors look after the welfare of their flock? They let their flock “graze” anywhere, but they make sure that their money goes to them. It’s pretty obvious that they are only after the money. But, were the true ministers of God interested only in his members’ money? II Corinthians 12:14says--

“Behold the third time I am ready to come to you; and I will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not yours, but you:”

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Truthcastor? Or Rapist?

Some information on Brother Eli our esteemed johnb1 doesn't want you to know...

www.abs-cbnnews.com...

wtf?!

"A Pampanga court on Tuesday issued a warrant of arrest against Ang Dating Daan spiritual leader Brother Eliseo Soriano for allegedly raping a male member of the sect, DZMM reported.

Macabebe Regional Trial Court Judge Manuel Siayngco ordered the chief of police of Apalit town and the National Bureau of Investigation in Pampanga to immediately serve the arrest warrant against Soriano.

The arrest order came after the Department of Justice (DOJ) filed the rape case against the religious sect leader at the Macabebe court last Wednesday.

The case was based on a complaint filed by Daniel Pedriano, a former aide of Soriano.

Pedriano claimed that Soriano sexually abused him on May 17, 2000 and June 8, 2001 inside the religious group's convention center in Apalit town. Soriano's group has its headquarters in Apalit.

The case was first received by Pampanga assistant prosecutor Emmy Umpa, who recommended the filing of charges at the DOJ. "

WTF?!!!!

www.thebereans.net...

count me OUT of this one bro john...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Thanks Brother

1 Peter 3:15-16

15but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;

16and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.

1 Peter 2:16-18

16Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God.

17Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king.

18Servants, be submissive to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and gentle, but also to those who are unreasonable.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSonOfGod

Oh wow, I was waiting for this, I didnt know if anyone would actually post that on this thread.
I dont know what to say about that except, no wait, I'll just get a verse from the good book for this occasion:
Proverbs10:9-"The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out"

maybe he just had a strange interpretation of Matt6:1-"Be careful not to do your acts of righteousness before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your father in heaven."

which compels me to think of this verse, Matt15:11-What goes into a man's mouth does not make him unclean, but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean'.

OP, I hope you dont take this the wrong way!
peace and love

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
(^^,) Nice pulling of verses

Bro. Eli makes straightforward revelation of the lies and deceits in the teachings and practices by practically most religions. With the use of Bible and God's Words, the program remains timeless, relevant and authoritative.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
There is no true religion, or any religion with definite Truth in it. Each religion has a little something to give and offer. You just have to find the right one the fits you spiritually, it could be just one religion, it could be multiple.

Its like this different religion arose at different times, in different regions of the world to satisfy people with different spiritual needs. What I'm basically trying to say is there's not necessarily a True religion, but all religion hold some truth in them, some valuable teaching in them, and in more than one way is all interconnected.

My advice avoid any religion or branch of religion that require you to pay a fee for their services should be avoided. Its more likely a scam and fraud. Good luck with your search for spiritual development.

P.S. To spiritually develop and grow you must be open-minded and willing to subject to change.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Then How about this Passage?

Is this Religion?

The Freewill of Man and the Training of Leveling-Up our Consciousness and Awareness will be the Key for that TRUE RELIGION

James 1:27

27Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

Revelation 22:11

11"Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy."

Any supernatural force? Have you ever seen a ghost or had a paranormal experience?

Mark 4:11-12

11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables

12so that, " 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'[a]"

Daniel 12:4, 9-10

4 But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge."

9 He replied, "Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

When you find the messiah on earth in the flesh and look at the works in his wake you will be disturbed. And that will hopefully wake mankind up and lead to the kingdom of heaven on earth.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The only true religion is knoweledge of self. everything else is designed to distract you from realizing that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join