It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on Canada trade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Obama on Canada trade

Read UK and Canadian press

The memo reportedly said that Goolsbee had noted that Obama's attacks on NAFTA should not be taken out of context, noting fiercely protectionist sentiment in Ohio about the pact, citing political positioning as a motivation.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Do you have a link? I'd like to read about this.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I believe this link illuminates what OP is getting at:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It is referring to a story uncovered exclusively by CTV, here

I already made a thread on this at Above Politics here. No one seems to care that Obama is lying to his supporters in the MW.

Here are my previous comments:

It appears Obama has been caught in quite a lie. I for one am very glad to see that all of this NAFTA withdrawal talk is a bunch of empty rhetoric. I also found it interesting that the memo takes a stab directly at Midwest voters, claiming that they will use protectionist rhetoric there in order to secure votes.

Hillary is using it as evidence of doublespeak now. Interesting and possibly ironic in that her husband, when running for President, secured a large percentage of the union vote based on promises to never enter into a North American Free Trade Agreement. It took him less than a year to ink his name on the NAFTA papers. Chances are, in my opinion, that Hillary's rhetoric is just as empty as Obama's.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can read about it here in this topic I posted, intrepid

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Is Obama Lying About NAFTAGate?

article.nationalreview.com...

News of the memo changed the whole story, and the Clinton campaign quickly sought to take advantage of it. “At this point what we have is a lot of statements from the Obama campaign that have been proven to be demonstrably false,” Howard Wolfson, Hillary Clinton’s chief spokesman, told reporters Monday. “There is a memo surfacing and circulating in the Canadian government that makes clear that the Obama campaign communicated one thing to the people of Ohio about NAFTA and another thing to the Canadian government about NAFTA.”

article.nationalreview.com...

What is going on? With the evidence we have so far, Obama appears to be in a difficult position. At first, his campaign denied that there was any contact with the Canadian government. Then, when it was forced to concede that there had been contact, it insisted that it had nothing to do with softening Obama’s position on NAFTA. And then, when the newly-released memo suggested that it had been about just that, Team Obama simply stuck with its story.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WuTang

Hi WuTang, this is proof people don't do their homework on politicians, Why?

I don't get it,

We are left to vote for the lesser of evils, and I don't know which one is worse.

[edit on 043131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

new topics

top topics

join