It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OoBE / Astral Projection Question...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hello everyone!

I have been interested in astral projection for a while now and have not yet succeded in breaking through my physical body. Last night I feel I came pretty close and I come here to describe what happened and hopefully learn ways to refine my process!

Last night (around 1 am):
- I started by calming myself and entering a relaxed state.

- After about 20 minutes of relaxation I lay down in my bed with the lights off. I focus on my breathing and try not to allow external thoughts to enter my mind. During this time I struggle to keep these 'random thoughts' out of my mind and am mostly successful when only focusing on my breathing. I do this by either counting my breaths, box breathing, or by simply focusing on the 'in and out' for each breath.
(During this time I am not moving my body at all. I feel my feet and legs start to tingle as my body enters paraylsis.) After waiting a while (20-30 minutes, I continue to the next step...

- I then focus my energy on pushing upwards, or grabing a rope. The easiest way for me to decribe this is mimicing the physical movements in my mind and putting forth that energy in my body, but not actually moving... So basically, its like trying to move your body without being physically able to. I noticed that while doing this my muscles twitch and shake. Maintaining this feeling for about 10 minutes iniates a vibration starting at my feet and slowly moving up over my body eventually reaching my head. (Note: I have experienced the 'falling' sensation in my dreams before and I try to mimic this upwards or sideways (spinning) yet achive these same results)

However, this last stage is where my problem is. Once this vibration feeling reaches my neck my heart races in pulse and I feel as if I am having problems breathing. My muscles are in a climax of twitching at this point and it feels almost like a heart attack. I am usually able to calm myself and refocus but I have problems reaching that point again. It is important that I state this is not because of fear; I would want nothing more than to be able to achive this state!

Question #1 - Am I using the correct method to leave my body by mimicing physical movements in my mind? This in return is causing the physical responce of twitching etc... Basically it feels like I am flexing my muscles outward yet only not allowing my body movement. I know it sounds confusing but I am confident those of experience will understand!

Question #2 - Would it help to cover my eyes with a bandana? And what are ways I can blockout external noise? I live North of Chicago in an area with loud snowplows outside. Also, the dim light from outside comes through my window to a certain degree. I have problems keeping my eyes shut the entire time and get distracted by this light (its just a very dim night glow).

Thank you in advance to any help!

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Scott]

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Scott]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I've been trying to do this myself...I just want to know, I can get my body to tingle, and it gets fairly intense sometimes, but I'm curious, I never get fully "paralyzed". I mean everything feels much heavier...is that how you feel? ...or anybody else that has successfully completed this?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
well about your first "method" have u tried an meditation techniques?

and about your third question when you so near the glass and have already looked out dont you think you will be missed on the other side;

point being at certain times sounds are attracted to me and it takes more "talent" to not avoid my intention, but i suppose you can find many was to get past that.

try creating a rhythm that you feel naturally comfortable with that does bot hinder your intention. And keep trying even though elements may manifest physically depending on how far youve gone personally in our quest for whatsoever it be.
and dont be disuaded buy your own manifestations which happen to seem the "scariest".

a question; are you seeking peace first or along the way?

[edit on 1-3-2008 by Ausar]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
in this present age there are diffent mehotds employed to achieve the same intention;

poster #2

if you seek within to travel abound it has been done by record of unrecorded.
so if you feel a certain way, by your method; maybe it can be angled towards your physical body and maybe you need to work on the feelings you have associated with your physical body; a good excercise for your method is to jog and practice jogging untill you can feel the euphoria from its action; then work on areas within your body that you feel pain when emotioning in a non active fashion like laying down and meditating. maybe after you experience some of the sensations associated with your body and the thoughs associated with sensations your body will feel more at peace to travel in the desired intention you speak of.
and if you are seeking full paralysis who is to guide the force of will of your being while you are in a paralyzed state.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the responce!

I mainly would like to know if I have the right idea about pushing energy upwards though my muscles...

Is it all psychological? When I do flex my muscles in this way it seriously feels as if I am pushing energy out of my physical body; but I have yet to fully succeed so perhaps I am doing it wrong.

Should I be focusing on my physical senses at all?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Also, would it help to listen to hemi-sync type audio while I am trying to do this?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I don't think anybody can answer your questions, you just need to find out the answers for yourself basically. I can project almost any time I want, and I dont do that meditation stuff or use audio, or anything like that. I just go lay down to sleep in the evening, and I put my alarm clock at 5 am. When I wake up, I walk around a bit and read something, till like half an hour later I go back to bed and fall asleep again. Shortly thereafter I wake up still in bed, but out of my body. It's a real easy technique, nothing hard about it. Projection is easier that riding a bike, you just have to stop trying and let it come to you naturally.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeopardSeal
I don't think anybody can answer your questions, you just need to find out the answers for yourself basically. I can project almost any time I want, and I dont do that meditation stuff or use audio, or anything like that. I just go lay down to sleep in the evening, and I put my alarm clock at 5 am. When I wake up, I walk around a bit and read something, till like half an hour later I go back to bed and fall asleep again. Shortly thereafter I wake up still in bed, but out of my body. It's a real easy technique, nothing hard about it. Projection is easier that riding a bike, you just have to stop trying and let it come to you naturally.

I will try your technique and let you know what happens...

One question, you say you dont meditate or do anything before hand... Well, please tell me what happens in between the time you decide to lay back down and then leave your body; how do you manage to stay conscious and not simply fall back asleep - are you sure you arent lucid dreaming?

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Scott]

link   
edit : multi post - due to lag

link   
edit : multi post - due to lag

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm sure im not dreaming. ( lucid dreaming is the same as out-of-body, you are out of your body when youre dreaming, youre just not aware of it)
I simply lay down, close my eyes and relax. I lose conciousness. After a while I regain it, and i "wake up" and realise i am in the out of body state. I get up from the bed, and usually go stand on my desk, so I can put my body through the window, smell the fresh air and feel the breeze. I crawl out of the window. At this point, I may start floating down, running down my street searching for something fun to do or someone to talk to. Sometimes I just sit on the roof, waiting for a spaceship to come by and pick me up for a ride. So far, no spaceship has come by yet
lol. I'll keep on waiting and trying to communicate with them.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
[edit on 3/8/08 by riotact1]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
best to try and keep willing yourself to get through it,it might be rough getting there and keeping focus but the end results are well worth it,the breathing heavy,twitches, are all part of getting in,its so easy to snap back if you think you cant get through this stage and will just leave you feeling frustrated that you were so close,keep pushing forward to go with your feeling.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeopardSeal
I'm sure im not dreaming. ( lucid dreaming is the same as out-of-body, you are out of your body when youre dreaming, youre just not aware of it)
I simply lay down, close my eyes and relax. I lose conciousness. After a while I regain it, and i "wake up" and realise i am in the out of body state. I get up from the bed, and usually go stand on my desk, so I can put my body through the window, smell the fresh air and feel the breeze. I crawl out of the window. At this point, I may start floating down, running down my street searching for something fun to do or someone to talk to. Sometimes I just sit on the roof, waiting for a spaceship to come by and pick me up for a ride. So far, no spaceship has come by yet
lol. I'll keep on waiting and trying to communicate with them.

cool, you helped by sharing your method because I was not about to start meditationg lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hi Scott

I think the method that works best for OOBE is the "Rope" method it has worked for me.

But before you even attempt this do your homework and read about the posible things you may encounter once out of body.What most people dont take into account is that in this different dimension there are things that can confuse and even frighten you if you are not properly prepared.

I would suggest you read the "Treatise on oobe" by Robert Bruce thourghly.Before any further exploration.Here is the 2nd version update.

www.astraldynamics.com...

Best Regards and good luck.

Parker

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
A book you should read..."Journeys out of the body" by Robert A. Monroe
Helped me get out...I experienced the "vibrations" 100s of times and never new what it was...a buddy gave me this book and I left my body the next time I felt the vibrations...I've been told I'm "lucky" 'cause I achieve the vibrations without trying...not knowing what it is can be terrifying, now that I know I can let it go. First time I left, I felt the vibrations and raised my hand and said to myself...I'm ready to go and I was pulled out of my body by somebody/something...never saw anything. I went through the wall into my kitchen above the stove and thought...ok, that's enough for now and went back to physical. Quite a trip...everything I've done with this is because of this book. Nice to know there are others out there...thought I was broken.

top topics

join