It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel obligated to post this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I not sure if this is the proper place to post this story. It May or May not come true. It's so outrageous and unbelievable. I was told today what a prominent Remote Viewer see's, in the not too distant future. Although, I'm skeptic because so many of these RV'ers have been wrong in the past. I feel obligated to at least give you guys & gals a heads-up whether it comes about or not. I HOPE NOT!!!

This is what the Remote Viewer stated to a friend of mine.

"There will be a 9.5 to 10 EARTHQUAKE in the Los Angeles area. This is to occur on October 18th, 2008. Just before noon. The ground will sink and become like quick-sand."
My friend doesn't know what to do, but is thinking of telling their son to take a vacation around that time. He lives right in the heart of Los Angeles. My friend is a skeptic too, but doesn't want to take any chances. I did not post this to frighten anyone, but to make you aware. 'If' it does happen and I didn't say anything I would feel like crap.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Oh lovely! More good news!

Does this remote viewer have a verifable record for past predictions?

If not, I wouldn't believe a word of it.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Oh lovely! More good news!
If not, I wouldn't believe a word of it

I don't know my friend would not say. I hope the remote viewer has a horrible record. My friend didn't appear panicky just *a little* concerned.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Well, then look at it this way, she got that news and has a child living in the area. Whether or not it comes true, her concern is first and foremost for her child.

If I had children living in the area, I would be concerned as well and would tell them about it. The descision to leave would then be up to them.

I hope the remote viewer is wrong, too!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hopefully it doesn't come true,
I wonder how far north that would be felt..
I've only felt 2 since moving to the west coast
and was more on the line of " what was that?!"
and it was over.

heck would a 9.5 make helens go poof again?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
heck would a 9.5 make helens go poof again?

You mean she stopped burping? While I was moving up here in '04, she started belching. And, as far as I know, she hasn't stopped. Did I miss it?

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I may well be, since clairvoyance and psychics aren't my specialty, but remote viewing is seeing events, as they happen, from a distance.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Remote viewing is a fancy name for telepathy or clairvoyance, the alleged psychic ability to perceive places, persons, and actions that are not within the range of the senses.
If a "beacon" is used to send psychic images, it is said to be telepathy.
If no beacon is used, then it is clairvoyance.

The term seems to have been invented by physicists Dr. Russell Targ and physicist/scientologist Dr. Harold Puthoff to describe their work with alleged psychics for the U.S. government in a project known as Stargate.

Remote viewing is a kind of psychic dowsing. Instead of a twig or other device, one uses psychic power alone to dowse the entire galaxy, if need be, for whatever one wants: oil, mountains on Jupiter, a lost child, a buried body, a hostage site thousands of miles away, a secret meeting inside the Pentagon or the Kremlin, etc.

How do they get the date, see a flash of it, or hear a telepathic voice?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
hmmm

firstly, how credible is the remote viewer?

Well known? Has the remote viewer predicted anything in the past that was completely accurate?

I believe a lot of people who claim to be receptive to this kind of thing have much interference = collective consciousness.

Fear thrives everywhere lately.

It is near impossible to predict anything with accuracy.

Much of what is 'viewed' are things that we would almost expect. For eg: San Adreas Fault line... many have said expect a big one. It hasn't happened. But, it could. Oh and then there is St Helens, any hot spot or active region holds risks and provides the history of disasters so pretty easy to predict something else.

I feel the fear phenomena is due to globalisation and the availability of information. Years ago, we could not access this, so perhaps we all slept a little better? We see natural disasters and wars, terrorism on the TV 24/7 = Fear.

What happens when people feel fear, they want/need to be reassured. Who can reassure people? Clairvoyants, psychics? Lots of very wealthy clairvoyants around nowadays.

I guess you can only try to be rational or logical about these things.

cheers

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Well, then look at it this way, she got that news and has a child living in the area. Whether or not it comes true, her concern is first and foremost for her child.

I understand. Perhaps it is time to consider the risks of where you/she lives and make changes based on the history or risks of that region.

Thats really all we can do in life.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Personally evaluating the scenario presented to you, by this remote-viewer, which I believe is nothing more than a Prophet under another title, and given that the last days are to be filled with a tremendous amount of False Prophets, I would wager this remote-viewer is just another, if you will, False Remote-Viewer.

More than likely, if you were to examine this remote viewers track record, however you can, you will probably be placed at ease where this specific date setting event is concerned.

If this remote viewer were of some great significance and had been accurate 100% in the past, then I am certain the news would be onto this person in one form or another. For that matter, had they predicted just one significant event, even that would have caught the attention. I doubt this will be the one to catch anyone's attention and can assure you, the date will come and go.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

firstly, how credible is the remote viewer?

I'm sorry I can't answer any of your questions, other than what I already posted. I hope this person is a False Remote-Viewer, but what if he/she is not? I was hesitant to even post this and I've been on the ATS for a long time. I've never made it a habit of frightening people. I did find a website which gives the warning signs when an earthquake is about to hit.

www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

The date will probably come and go, like jdposey say's.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If not, I wouldn't believe a word of it.

I WISH it were as simple as that...
But the truth is, a million of failed predictions still wouldn't undo a single correct one.

I mean, it is possible to be wrong - totally off - most of the time, but then get just a single thing right (not by chance, I mean a legitimate "vision").
I know because it happened to me on more than one occasion (and no, I definitely do not profess to be a professional - or even amateur! - clairvoyant).

And just for the record: I do NOT think it'll happen.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
well heres the problem, another guy who actually HAD past predictions come true, he predicted that on april 17th a massive quake will put cali in the ocean. There was a thread about it on ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe they will get two earthquakes

new topics

top topics

join