It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemically-Induced Suicide: 80 Percent of Suicide Victims Took Antidepressant Drugs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Chemically-Induced Suicide: 80 Percent of Suicide Victims Took Antidepressant Drugs

www.naturalnews.com

Recently, the NBHW released the first report analyzing the 367 suicides recorded in 2006. "Not a single word is written about the most compelling fact: Well over 80 percent of persons killing themselves were treated with psychiatric drugs," Janne Larson writes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ok,

80% is a high friggin number, no?

Are antidepressants secretly trying to kill people?

Hmm....

I thought this was juicy,

ATS?

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

These statements are quite true. The conspiracy of silence between Big Pharma and the mainstream media is now so strong that accurate news about the dangers of psychiatric drugs is rarely reported. As we recently saw in the death of Heath Ledger, the mainstream media is quick to blame the victim, but slow to realize that the real cause of these behavioral problems rests with the chemicals that alter brain function (and therefore alter behavior).

Even worse, recent research published in the peer-reviewed journal PLoS Medicine (see medicine.plosjournals.org...) reveals that antidepressant drugs don't work any better than placebo at reducing depression. This study looked at all the clinical trials conducted on SSRIs, not just the ones selected by drug companies for publication. It reveals that SSRI drug manufacturers committed scientific fraud in censoring studies that did not show positive results. Now, the whole world knows that the disease mongering and hype behind antidepressant drugs was based on pure scientific fraud.

Fascinating!

[edit on 28-2-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wait... aren't most people who commit suicide depressive? Wouldn't it then stand to reason that they were taking antidepressants?

So maybe the antidepressants are more of a symptom than the cause?

I mean, dead people don't spend money to obtain the pills, so wouldn't it be a little contraproductive for big pharma to kill such reliable customers?

Or did I miss something?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well, it could just be that the people who have committed suicide were more likely to be being treated for mental illness, including depression. It is improper to draw a conclusion that medication was the cause of the suicides just from a correlation such as this. While the conclusion may indeed end up being correct, it will take further study to know for sure.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swordbeast
Or did I miss something?

Yeah, only the whole point!

Evidence has emerged that a class of antidepressants known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) actually increases the risk of suicide in those who take them. While such claims have been hotly disputed by the pharmaceutical industry and many psychiatrists, experimental, epidemiological and case study evidence continues to emerge that reinforces such a link. The evidence suggests that those taking SSRIs are approximately twice as likely to commit suicide as those not taking such medications. This risk increase appears to be independent of the specific diagnosis or other underlying health factors

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I took anti-depressants, and they made me more suicidal than I was without them. I can't take them.

From a conspiracy perspective, a lot of folks who are seriously depressed, or have depression as a comorbid condition (they've got other problems too), are on Social Security Disability. That costs a lot of money.

If someone were inclined to cut off all those who were drawing SSDI, and didn't have much in the way of ethics, they might prescribe them anti-depressants that didn't work but encouraged suicide. People can't draw SSDI when they're dead.

Then Bush could give his rich friends another tax cut...

I'm only kinda joking.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This was powerful!

Links between SSRIs and suicide
The link between SSRI use and suicide in youths has been firmly established enough that the United States and United Kingdom have licensed only one such drug (fluoxetine, marketed under the brand name Prozac) for use by those under the age of 18. In the United Kingdom, off-label use by children is blatantly illegal. In the United States, the FDA requires a "black box" warning that SSRIs may increase the risk of suicide in those under the age of 18, but that warning is routinely ignored, and hundreds of millions of doses of Prozac have been taken by children and teens.

A "black box" warning is the most severe warning the FDA can issue without withdrawing a product from the market. In December 2006, an FDA advisory panel recommended increasing the age on the SSRI black box warning to 25 years of age. In reality, the black box warning is a way for the FDA to allow dangerous drugs to remain on the market: It gives them an excuse to say, "We warned you!"

Wow,
I thought they were evil, but, damn!

Big Farma: Yeah didn't you see the warning

Some blind guy: Ummm, can't see much of anything really....

Big Farma: Yeah, thats a shame! Off you go....

Some blind guy: Yeah, I kinda feel twice as likely to commit suicide. Thanks Prozac!!

That should be the commercial for the drug that kills people!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think the term 'population control' pretty much sums up what the 'anti-depressant' project/experiment is about.

How anyone can think literally HIDING your troubles behind a veil of pills solves anything is still beyond me. Yet more and more people use these drugs.

I've had a couple of manic depressed/bi polar type friends before, and I watched one of them spiral down the pill tube until now he really is insane. I can't be around him anymore. So obviously the pills were/are not working.

These types of drugs are absolutely disgusting. If someone is going to commit suicide, they are GOING to commit suicide. These drugs seem to make these types of people just do it in a more 'going out with a bang' fashion.

Take all of these school shootings in the U.S. for example. Does anyone really think some of these people thought they were going to get away with doing these acts? It's simply drug enforced suicide.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Peace Frog

Well said my friend!

You forgot to add, THEY MAKE MONEY OFF SUICIDAL PEOPLE!

Shame all around.....

Shame shame shame.......

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if anti-depressants made things worse, at least in the long run.

Anti-depressants treat the symptom, not the disease. Instead of fixing the root of the problem (which is perspective) it simply suppresses the chemicals which cause a person to feel bad.

I suffered depression pretty bad as a teen/young adult and I got through it without any pills. Not saying that the pills wouldn't help, but proper counseling needs to go with the chemical treatment otherwise it's pointless.

As horrible as depression can be, it turns into an addiction and the brain churns out the chemicals like clockwork whether or not you have a reason to feel bad... the problem is when people associate that feeling with their self-esteem and it creates a vicious cycle.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
I suffered depression pretty bad as a teen/young adult and I got through it without any pills. Not saying that the pills wouldn't help, but proper counseling needs to go with the chemical treatment otherwise it's pointless.

I think we all suffer from a form of depression in our early life stages. We all have to overcome that hurdle ourselves. Nowadays, people take drugs to make that hurdle disappear, not knowing that hurdle is needed to complete the course.

And your right, without counseling troubled people will only get worse. If the chemicals are suppressing the "bad" feelings, there wouldn't be any growth in that individual, unless he/she becomes aware themselves that drugs aren't the answer, or some councilor shows him/her what they are doing from an outside perspective.

Either way it is a viscous cycle, your 100% correct.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You have to wonder but to what degree is this the "which came first the chicken or the egg".. I mean one of the following is true
1) Drugs are increasing the likelyhood of suicide
2) Drugs are doing no good thus the high rate of suicide

Either way big pharma doesn't care they still sell them the loon doctors prescribe them. Meanwhile many contemplate shooting up classmates.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The main active ingredient in drugs like Prozac is Sodium Fluoride. Which doesn't exactly make you happy, it makes you dull and sheepish. Fluoride speeds up the calcification process of your pineal gland, which releases melatonin. It basically is the connection of your physical being to your spiritual being. Depression can be staved off with exercise, meditation, diet, a good social life, etc. The antidepressant drugs are worthless, it doesn't surprise me that the Pharm industry keeps people on it and if they commit suicide they don't care they made their money and they're are plenty more people out there who are psychologically weak for them to take advantage of. People need friends to look out for them and care about them more than these drugs.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by astralprogger]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I did tons of research on antidepressants. I was on them for 7 years and discovered that it's the toxic chemicals in the food supply and the products we use everyday that causes depression. Yes, it's a conspiracy to keep us sick, stupid and drugged.

I tried once to go off my meds and failed. I got more depressed than before I was on meds. But I didn't realize at the time that the culprit was the food I was eating. The second time was after I found out the dirty truth. Changed my diet to all organic. Changed my personal care products and household supplies to all organic and eco-friendly products and was able to get off the meds successfully.

Depression is very real but no one in the medical or scientific community will tell the public the truth because it's too profitable for them. Plus, the gov't has its own agenda to keep people medicated. Unfortunately, we have to figure it out ourselves because we can't trust "them" to be honest.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My doctor expressly told me as he wrote out the prescription, "this is not a magic bullet"
And he was right. Anti-depressants are issued to try and relieve a patient of anxiety and stress so that reasons behind the symtoms can be treated. I have suffered depression, and "bad thoughts" since my early childhood. Many times have I contemplated suicide, and I have taken lots of different pills in a effort to relieve my self of the symtoms of depression. Self medication, to a large extant has been my downfall, and my savior! Alcohol really does work! for a while, then maybe smoke a little something, then maybe mix the two up, then of course the proverbial hits the fan and your back to square one.At the end of the day, your just not gonna reach everyone in time. And not everyone is going to respond to treatment. I still have my "little thoughts" and I still reach for the bottle. It's just that now I see what's happening as it's happening, instead of before, I would recognise the symtoms afterwards. So now, theres no real chance of me topping myself, though I still seek help when I feel I need to. My best mate told me he was going to shoot himself, I had known him for twenty years, and I said "no you won't mate!" "I'm here for you, we are all here for you" then one friday night I heard a bang from across the street, and I knew straight away what had happened. I still wish today he had just come and talked to me, I saw him in the morning and he seemed fine?
No matter what, even if you feel like you are interfering, talk to people, everyday, say hello, just be nice, give them a reason for hope. Because suicide really is a symtom of hoplessness.
And if you ever feel bad, or down, please see somebody, or as I do, reach for the.............bible! if you've got no hope...get some

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
What I would like to know is the connection between the more and more frequently school shootings and these monster drugs.

I call them such, because as astralprogger already said they turn off your spiritual channel by clogging your pineal gland. Iow, you become a moving, eating and even thinking thing, that is further and further departed from 'normal' social behavior, you'll eventually be so departed your humanity will be lost, and what is left is a monster.

From there to get a gun and go to the school (if not your parents, the school is the root of all your problems), it's no far distance.

These drugs litterally works by setting human spiritual development back some 100,000 years.

In most, if not all, threads on school shootings I've seen, evidence the shooters were on these drugs have been presented. Why is there no investigation done on the connection?

The best circumstantial evidence for the connection is before these drugs were around school shootings simply didn't happen.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
kuhnmoon, I think it has a lot to do with the enviroment that kids are growing up in today more than anything else.I remember riding my bike on the old spare blocks, I remember those blocks being built on, then we had to ride on the street.That was in the country.I cant imagine what kids are thinking today, the ones in the cities, would not even know what an empty space looked like.The world has changed so much in such a short time period.my grandfather was a sheppard in scotland in the 1890's, he saw haileys comet twice! when he was a boy, there was no radio,tv,cars,planes,basicaly there wasnt much at all! Now todays kids are smart, real smart. Global warming is affecting them too,so is car congestion, pollution, divorse,gang warfare, drugs, hopelessness. Us older "kids" grew up with this stuff slowly, we were broken in. Kids today have all the problems of the world hitting them in the face from the day they are born. If normal people can suffer mental breakdowns, when their crumbling world falls apart, what about the kids? Todays mental institutions are overcrowded just as the prisons are, the hospitals too.It does not surprise me one bit to here of shootings in american schools, as shocking as they are, they are a sign of the times. You cannot raise children in a virtual state of war, and not expect things to go wrong. If I was a kid today looking at the world, what would I be thinking? peace, love? or survival of the fittest. The world, in my opinion, is heading for a brick wall, and the signs of those times ...............are our children.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

Interesting....

I wonder if anyone can dig up and old articles of any theorized links between these drugs and the monsters they create?

I'm sure some independent scientist came up with the same conclusion discussed here. It would be nice to have science provide some proof that these chemicals are responsible for people going over the edge.

Maybe these individuals are so detached from reality solely because of these drugs, that when contemplating their own death or the death of others, they do not see any consequences as a result of the deterioration of their pineal gland.

Basically, they are zombies!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think the smoking gun here is the latest study that found that antidepressants don't work at all except in the most severe cases. Maybe that's what happened here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join