It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't mean to be rude but...FAN PRODUCTIONS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I don't mean to be rude but...

I don't mean to be rude,but what is the point of these fan made films?

You waste everyone's time and come up with a product which never compares to a professional product.

so what is the point?

Let the studio's make the shows.

I hear you are not allowed to make any money from this either.So why bother?

Without money it seems madness to devote thousands of hours to make a fan production.

Money is what defines society today.Without money you are homeless in some dark alley.

You could spend that precious time with your family and friends and your kids who wonder where daddy is and hanging on some street corner mugging victims because daddy is too busy making a name for himself to some ungrateful pimple faced geekerds without girlfriends who will find a million faults with it.

Leave it to the studios.

You seem to waste insane amounts of time away from your family and friends.

All for what?

So that some anonymous geeks and nerds hiding in basements can heap scorn and rip it to shreds on a bbs?

Is this what you are spending all your life on?

Look AT THAT CLOCK?

What time is it?

Look at that date?

You waste hundreds of hours doing 80 studio peoples work.

So they can:-

Find a million faults?

Put you down?

Is this your punishment for past sins?

700 episodes have been produced professionally.

All the stories have been told.

Pack up your bags and go home where your families wait for you.

Give up this self abnegation...this hideous self inflicted punishment...this relentless self torture.

Be happy..embrace those who know and love you.

Make a difference to those who care about you.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I don't get it...

You're saying "Don't waste your time on that!" and "Do what makes you happy" in a manor of speaking.

Really... I don't get it.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Have you ever heard the term "struck by the muse?"

A real passionate artist, regardless of the medium, makes art.

It is a compulsion, sometimes at the detriment of those he loves.

For a real artist, everything is secondary to art.

Most people go thru life never feeling passion other than that of sensory pleasure.

Aesthetics isn't for everyone; and many time it is very lonely and frightening for those that delve into that aspect of their psyche.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Fan flicks are some of the best I've seen as far as short films, and even full length movies go. There is alot of passion and care put into most of these, and you can really see it when you watch.

Granted, some of them are utter crap, but at least they tried, and they put forth the vision they saw for whatever they made.

Check out this fan film. This guy didn't make a penny off of it, and I think it's one of the best I've seen.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The point of any fan-produced work is to tell the stories we feel are going untold by the creator. Sometimes it's fulfilling a creative itch that can only be scratched with the materials the creators made. Some of us do it because we have to. Some of us do it for the sheer heck of it.

Maybe we don't make any money from what we create, but some of the better fan creators do the original creators one better in their works. (Most fan works are poor quality, though. Like they say: 95 percent of everything is crap.)

"The point" is that we do it because in the end, it feels good to get rid of our ideas about someone else's creations.

(Myself, I dabble in fan fiction, which only costs me time, unlike fan films, which cost money to produce.)

new topics

top topics

join