It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My bigfoot sighting this afternoon...maybe.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I did, indeed, consider that it might have been a bear. I've seen bear in that area, though a bit further into the hills to the east...

...and it might have been one in my initial sighting from the road--the one that started this--I don't think so, but given the distance?? Who knows I simply wasn't close enough to know for sure. But "something" tells me it's not. I've hunted all my life, including bear, I'm sure it wasn't, but proving it would be impossible.

The second one some months later, now that was a whole 'nother kettle of Sasquatch... On that one, I'd bet the metaphorical farm on that one not being a bear...

But, in reality, I can't prove any of it. So it is, of course, open to questioning.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Seagull, please be careful while conducting your investigations. I've had 5 encounters with the BF species and they can be dangerous as they really intimidated your farmer friend host. I recommend you wear a Go Pro type camera while in the field and carry a heavy caliber firearm if it's legal to do so. The worst thing you may get is a bluff charge but that's scary enough. if it gets to intense fire over their heads into the trees and they will usually leave. I don't recommend shooting one of them because they usually travel in a group. It can and has been done before but is dangerous. My best,

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: airforce47

I have no intention of ever getting close enough to be in danger!! ...and I carry in the woods, in any case. There are critters out there that can be dangerous if provoked, and aren't always cryptids

Anyway, my investigations, such as they were, are pretty much over, since I'm moving out of the area in the next couple of months or there'bouts.

Thanks for the advice, though

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Brilliant thread Seagull a very enjoyable read and those of your contributors. I dont have any stories myself living in the UK. We just got the Loch Ness monster and various big cats but the idea of actually seeing a BF both scares the crap out of me and excites me at the same time. I joined this forum to read about and get involved in the same sort of stuff as you and as others have said it was the sincerity of your posts which really drew me in. I hope you have come to terms with what you saw and I didnt mean to come across as flippant about seeing a creature. All the best and take care.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

In re-reading this thread, I was reminded of a documentary I was watching last week about in 2016 scientists scratching their heads over discovering a new undiscovered behavior of chimps throwing rocks at trees.

One of the most exciting things about this study, Dean told Ars, is that we’ve missed such a “noisy, boisterous” behavior despite having studied chimps at long-term field sites for decades. “If they’re making a vast amount of noise and bashing around with big rocks and we’ve only just discovered this, there could be a whole load of behaviors that are really quite quiet and subtle that could be going on.”

Link

I found it interesting that these behaviors seem so similiar to behaviors shared about Bigfoot. It does seem like there may be groups of intelligent primate creatures that often may get dismissed and unresearched due to the woo woo embellishments.

Please read the link above. It is more detailed of observational behaviors that do seem to correspond with Bigfoot. Rock and stick throwing and knocking, and hasn't it been reported that some create log structure edifices seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

I just think that if scientists are boondoggled and surprised that no one noticed these chimp behaviors, then it is logically evident that they are totally missing out on the species of primates observed and classified as Bigfoot by so many.
edit on 6 7 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: verylowfrequency
Thanks for the report seagull.

I too had a similar encounter in Washington State in a remote area up in the North Cascades. I'm not going to post the coordinates at this point, but I'd be happy to tell the OP if interested.

Like you, I went back a few times and every time I was in the area I felt as if I was being watched/stalked.

I felt the advantage he had over me was like the advantage I would have over a burglar that stumbled into my house. He knew the layout and he had all the blinds & exits.

For those interested in an encounter I think you pretty much have to go in alone and unarmed. If you're afraid of wildlife such as bears and cougars without being armed then you don't belong up there. The areas are places that are not easily accessible most of the year due to snow pack and steep non-friendly terrain away from the beaten paths used by summer recreationists such as hikers, hunters & climbers.

Oh yeah, and the biggest thing seems to be that they have to be near lots of water. Maybe they use the sounds of the water to mask their movements or maybe they just need to drink allot, I dunno. I even considered that they are horticulturalists that grow their food/blinds/camouflage and divert streams to take out logging roads and such to keep people away.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by verylowfrequency]

They farm mushrooms and grubs.Set up "gates" to keep people away from their areas.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Only the fur/hair is darker.

I am going to link to a video that should have been about 4 minutes or so long.
As before and after that time it is just different stories.

Go to the 3 minute mark and watch the 5 or so images.
Nothing after 6 1/2 minutes.

The guy says he was shaking hard when he took these photos of something looking through his screened windows. The photos might be real.

Either way, Please let me know how the face compares to the one you saw.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-3-2020 by spiritualarchitect because: time

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

I'll check it out on my next day off...whenever that is.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect
Ya! That ain't no bear. It ain't no Bigfoot either. Or at least not your regular run of the mill type.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   
While in my prison (my home.. hehe), I was watching some of the Survivorman Directors Commentary of past Survivorman episodes. This particular episode was shot in Alaska and he mentions that he felt like he was being watched while climbing up and over where some fresh water was.

Later on he thinks he hears something Ape-ish. Start at the 35:00 minute mark and then let it run for a few more minutes where he explains what happens (which is not seen or discussed on the episode. And at 37:15 he even looks over to the noise he hears.

All and all.. his YouTube channel has been a great diversion to the madness going on outside in the World.

Stay Safe People

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I'll check it out on my next day off...whenever that is.

This guy usually believe nothing. But this time...

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join