It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

megacryometeors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
megacryometeors are giant frozen chunks of water that fall from the sky.

Feb 23, 2008

Ice "meteor" nearly killed our kids
TEACHERS and pupils at a Birmingham school will this week be analysing fragments of "meteor" ice which crashed into a playing field, narrowly missing stunned pupils.

It ploughed into the field at Yardleys Secondary School, in Tyseley, yesterday.

www.birminghammail.net... p-stories/2008/02/23/ice-meteor-nearly-killed-our-kids-97319-20515317/

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The wikipedia entry quoted below got me interested in this subject. I am still trying to track down the Spain ice fall incident. I saw some reference to it being a hoax.

Megacryometeors dot com:

Megacryometeors: The phenomenon of abnormally large chunks of ice falling from a clear sky is giving rise to an interesting debate. Are they real? Are they from God? Are they a consequence of 'Global Warming'?

megacryometeors.com

Wikipedia:

A megacryometeor is a very large chunk of ice, which, despite sharing many textural, hydro-chemical and isotopic features detected in large hailstones, are formed under unusual atmospheric conditions which clearly differ from those of the cumulonimbus clouds scenario (i.e. clear-sky conditions). They are sometimes called huge hailstones, but do not need to form in thunderstorms. Jesus Martinez-Frias, a planetary geologist of the Center for Astrobiology in Madrid pioneered research on megacryometeors in January 2000, after ice chunks weighing up to 6.6 pounds rained on Spain out of cloudless skies for 10 days.

wikipedia page on megacryometeors

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thanks for posting on this.

Tried the link you provided but I couldn't get it to open. Here's a fix:
Ice "meteor" nearly killed our kids

In the video, it's got the same response I've heard in other incidents about ice chunks, that they come from airplanes.

Here's a thread I started when I first heard about one that fell back in April 2006.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hello!

I just happened to do a search on ice chunks today. Here's information on one that happened March 3, 08 and today:

Mystery Ice Chunk Falls From Sky in Gastonia

Story Created: Mar 3, 2008 at 5:22 PM EDT

There are things you expect might happen to you in your lifetime and then there are things you don't.

For a family in Gastonia early Monday morning, it was the latter.

They were awakened by a loud noise and what they saw has left them in shock.

Kristen Miranda joins us now live near the airport to explain what happened to this family.

It seems as though this strange story actually begins, or possibly ends at the airport.

You have heard those stories about "stuff" falling from airplanes to the ground. It seems that the proof of this happened to fall from the sky in Gastonia at about 6:15 Monday morning.

Ice chunk falls from sky, crashes through Arlington Hts. business

Published: 3/14/2008 5:02 PM:

An icy object fell from the sky and crashed through the roof of an Arlington Heights business this morning.

Around 3 a.m., several clear, frozen objects hit the manufacturing plant of Weber Marking Systems on Algonquin Road.

The icy items came through the roof of the plant where production was not under way, according to Chief Executive Officer Glenn Gilly. Although employees were there, none were near the area or were injured, he said.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
History of ice falling from the sky::

www.ijsklompen.net...

New Zealand:
www.nzherald.co.nz...

USA:
www.jeffsweather.com...

Spain:
www.abc.net.au...

Florida, USA
www.foxnews.com...

One explanaition:

para4.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
These chunks of ice falling from the sky have been recorded since the 1700's, prior to planes in the skies so that rules that out

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Maybe it is some strange weather phenomena?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Here's more information in regards to these megacryometeor crashes:
Getting to the truth of falling ice chunks

26 February 2008
A massive lump of ice falling from the sky and landing at your feet is not what you would expect on a lovely sunny day, but unusual events like these have been known to happen. It has been speculated whether they could be giant hailstones or maybe ice from aircraft, but a team of Spanish scientists has found that the answer actually lies within complex natural processes in the atmosphere.

The 2007 Mejorada del Campo megacryometeor crashed through the roof of an industrial storage unit

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Another ice chunk crash...this one was in Minnesota:

No, the sky’s not falling; it’s only ice

By David Unze • May 8, 2008

A Baldwin Township resident had an unusual guest break in while the homeowner was away last month.

It came in through the roof, leaving a 3-foot hole, before crashing through the house’s main floor and landing in the basement.

By the time Sherburne County sheriff’s officials got a call from a neighbor, the intruder had already begun to melt into a puddle on the basement floor.

I don't think I posted on this one yet but this one was on March 7, 2008:
Did Falling Ice Come From Plane?

Ice plunges through roof of Lula business

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I have another theory for your Megacryometeors. If you have a lighter than air very high altitude recon platform coming down from the stratosphere its body is going to be sub zero temperatures. As it descends the water vapor in the atmosphere will form blocks of ice on its surface. These huge chunks of ice will eventually fall off, looking like ice chunks out of a clear blue sky....

the stealth blimp dot com

new topics

top topics

join