It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

adam was not the first man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The many mis-translations in the King James version obscure much of the truth. For example Genesis 1:1-2 "In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep." In the Hebrew, it says, "Now the earth HAD BECOME chaotic and empty." (See Rotherham's Emphasized Bible) That is, some early catastrophe had wrecked the earth, which was not "without form and void" before that. This was a judgment of God on earlier civilizations for their wickedness. Jeremiah 4:23-27 gives a vision of it: "I beheld the earth, and lo, it was without form and void, and the heavens, and they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld, and lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger. For thus hath the Lord said, "The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end."

Therefore we do find buried ruins of cities older than Adam and skeletons which can be dated by the carbon 14 process as many thousands of years older. But the Bible itself tells us about this.

Next the Bible tells of the creation of men in the plural. In Genesis 1:26-28 is says "Male and female created He THEM" and God told these people "Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth" (1:28). "Plenish" is an obsolete English word meaning "to fill" and you cannot RE-plenish what was never plenished, or filled before.

In the next chapter, Genesis 2 we find THE ADAM (In the singular) created. The Hebrew word "aw-dawm" (rendered "Adam" in English) is from a root word meaning "to show blood in the face" or "of a ruddy complexion" --a word obviously not applicable to the dank races, which we also know from scientific evidence to be much older than the White Race.

Bible scholars know that Genesis 3:20---"And Adam called his wife's name "Eve" because she was the mother of all living." This is a later interpolation which was not in the earlier manuscripts. (See Moffatt's Translation.)

The 4th chapter of Genesis records the birth of Cain and Abel. In the Hebrew the wording suggests that they were twins. No other child of Eve is mentioned until the birth of Seth when Adam was 130 years old--certainly long after the birth of Cain and Abel which most scholars say was over 100 years earlier. Yet when Cain killed Abel, and in punishment was driven out of the land he complained to God that "any one that findeth me shall slay me." (4:14)

www.newchristiancrusadechurch.com...

This article is pretty interesting. It would account for much misunderstanding of Genusis. I heard this theory some time ago. After some research I have to agree with the principle. Adam and Eve are the bloddline to David and Christ. When taken in the context it all makes sense.

Mod edit: cap title

[edit on 2/21/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

It looks like a white supremacist group. Interesting how they substitute "Adamic European de­scended race" for "Aryan race" and "old Khazar social order" for "Jewish social order".

www.newchristiancrusadechurch.com...

We believe the time has come (Isaiah. 27 - 12) when the lost Israel "nation and company of nations...” (Gen. 35 -11) is being found and positively identified. Only one race today answers in every detail to the Bible pic­ture of Israel "in the latter days," and that is the Adamic European de­scended race. They possess what Israel was to possess and they are do­ing what Israel was to do. The "identities" of this race with Israel are so many and so pronounced that one who re-reads and carefully studies his Bible in the light of this great truth will make discoveries that will cause him to give this subject most serious thought, especially in view of what is happening in literal fulfillment of the Bible prophecy in the world today. The Gentile kingdoms are being broken, the time of Israel's captivity is terminating, the old Khazar social order is being overthrown, and the world is being prepared for the coming and reign, upon the throne of David, of our Lord, the uniting of all the tribes. (Ezek. 37) and the restoration of His Kingdom in the earth. (Zech. 14: 9; Luke 1: 32 - 33).

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu It looks like a white supremacist group. Interesting how they substitute "Adamic European de­scended race" for "Aryan race" and "old Khazar social order" for "Jewish social order".

I agree, the wording of that is quite odd....

Check out these links heliosprime:

www.answersingenesis.org...

www.answersingenesis.org...

[edit on 21-2-2008 by defcon365]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Good topic for discussion. However, here we are going against science yet again. If you read the bible literally then well done and I admire your faith. Unfortunately, I do not have the strength to believe in the idea of a talking snake and Adam as the first man. IMO I prefer to believe in a looser interpretation in the belief that God was speaking to us for ALL Time. Imagine trying to explain how God gave consciousness to an ape-like creature to an agrarian people 2000 years ago. Difficult isn't it?

Therefore God gives us analogies and metaphors so that as we grow in sophistication and research, we can recognise the actual nature pf things. Now let's try to reconcile Religion and Science. The Eve Theory
Eve Theory states that all people are related to an ancestral woman. This theory has been criticised but still holds except for a replacement of one women by a small group of women in a small tribe, about 200,000 years ago, that then colonised the Earth. Other evidence at around the time from the Y chromosome seemed to support that theory.Y Chromosome

However, the consensus is that the ancestors of Man were black.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Too many assumptions made in that article. If you're going to say "cities older than Adam" then you must know when Adam lived. When was that exactly? What evidence do you have that undeniably supports it?

I have no issue with Adam not being the first man, but not for the reasons in the article. These reasons are:

"The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it." - Genesis 2:15

So Adam wasn't born in Eden, he was brought there. Brought there from...where exactly? Not sure, but mankind was made in the 1st chapter.

After getting booted from the garden Adam, Eve, and their son Cain were essentially roughing it outside of paradise. Then...

"Cain lay with his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch." - Genesis 4:17

Building a city? By himself? For whom? 5 people?

The one thing we know for sure is that Adam would be the example of mankind. He would do what we all would do in his place.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heronumber0

However, the consensus is that the ancestors of Man were black.

Well the "consensus" was once that the earth was flat, no one could fly faster the the speed of sound, everything that could be invented has been (1899). All the races are still here.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Actually it is simpler yet. The "races" and "mankind" were created on the 6th day. Adam and Eve on the 8th day. One can trace the approximate date Adam lived to be 6000 years ago. Bible generations..............

However, I agree with the translation the earth was "Made" void. The reformed, replentished...........the source material for the planet can be billions of years old, just as the iron in a new car, but the car was created last year...........get it?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Don't see the white supremist angle. Rem the word 'adam" means "ruddy complection" in actual translation. If these guys are "aryans" it doesn't change the theory. It just means they may have gotten "one" thing right. While the rest of their life is just filled with wearing a pink silk "thong" under their hoods-n-sheets............

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Actually it is simpler yet. The "races" and "mankind" were created on the 6th day. Adam and Eve on the 8th day.

Could be. Any way that was concluded?

One can trace the approximate date Adam lived to be 6000 years ago. Bible generations..............

The math is very, very sketchy. One would have to assume many things to make it fit that model. We'd also have to assume archeology is either faked or way off.

However, I agree with the translation the earth was "Made" void. The reformed, replentished...........the source material for the planet can be billions of years old, just as the iron in a new car, but the car was created last year...........get it?

Got it, the timelaps when taken figuratively can be that vague. But, what if the Bible is literal? What if God did it in 7 days as written? That takes more of a God-like act than waiting for mere physics to do its job according to the laws that were set up for it. I think it'll be important for us all to keep an open mind on the topic until this micro-answers are given to us.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Don't see the white supremist angle.

Then do some research into Dr. Wesley Swift whose sermons are featured downloads at the site you posted. If this doesn't convince you, you've already had too much of the coolaid.

www.albionmonitor.com...

One such religion is Christian Identity. Incorporated in Los Angeles in 1948, Wesley Swift's Church of Jesus Christ Christian was initially an racist sect which became Christian Identity. The central belief in Identity doctrine is the existence of two races on earth: a godly white race descended from Adam and a satanic race fathered by Satan.

Swift, a Klan leader and preacher at Amy Semple McPherson's Foursquare Church in Los Angles, was never able to make much of a success out of his doctrine, but it attracted several people who became central to what was later named "Christian Identity": San Jacinto Capt, William Potter Gale and Richard Girnt Butler.

www.nizkor.org...

The merging of Klan and Nazi extremism into the Anglo-Israelism movement -- which then produced the Identity movement -- can largely be traced to one man: Wesley Swift. However, it was not Swift but Howard B. Rand (whose writings are published by Destiny Publishers) who first coined the term Identity. According to James Coates, Rand's intention was "to describe Hine's concept of Anglo-Israelism, in which Jesus was not a Jew of the tribe of Judah but an Aryan of the ten lost tribes of Israel and an ancestor of the present British, Germanic and Scandinavian people."[15]

Wesley Swift was a prolific speaker and his tapes and written messages are frequently used by Identity speakers. His connections to the Nazism of Hitler's Germany are unquestionable. Swift was at one time both a friend and advance man for Gerald L. K. Smith, a racist whose radical career began when he joined the "Silver Shirts," an American Nazi group formed by Willam Pelley. James Ridgeway, author of Blood in the Face (a "who's-who of hate"), notes that "with Pelley as their 'Chief,' the Silver Shirts openly supported Hitler, cooperated with the pro-Nazi German-American Bund, and embarked on a program of vicious anti-Semitism."[16]

Swift was also a member of the Ku Klux Klan when he founded the Identity Church of Jesus Christ Christian in 1946. Richard Butler, who was led into the Identity movement by Wesley Swift, inherited Swift's church and founded an Identity compound called the Aryan Nations, located near Hayden Lake, Idaho. Butler is an advocate of Nazism, and his yearly Aryan Nations meetings attract Klan members, Nazi groups, and skinheads. Some Identity teachers, although racist, reject Nazism in name, attributing its cause to the Jews. This trend has started a new controversy within the ranks of Identity. The Identity groups who reject Nazism also do so because they are perceptive enough to recognize Nazism's ingrained hatred of true Christianity.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
If this doesn't convince you, you've already had too much of the coolaid.

My favorite is the clear kind that tastes like blue raspberry :-d. Makes me want to bust through a wall and shout, "ooooh yeah!" A shame too many people switched from Kool-Aid (tm) to Haterade. The world is much better with sugar in their drinks instead of salt.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Let me be more precise Lilitu..........the issue of "white" nazi's is not relevant to the issue at hand. The issue for discussion is when was the adam in the garden created vs the rest of the humankind in the creation model. This is far more important than a bunch of idiots in pillowcases.

But I prefer hawaiian punch in to old 32 oz can................

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I do not follow bible mythological references, so I am of the believe that earth was populated in one shot with more than one man and woman.

So yes I can see the point here, it takes more than one lonely men and one lonely woman to populate earth, nothing more than common sense actually and mathematics.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The Hebrew word "aw-dawm" (rendered "Adam" in English) is from a root word meaning "to show blood in the face" or "of a ruddy complexion" --a word obviously not applicable to the dank races, which we also know from scientific evidence to be much older than the White Race.

Bible scholars know that Genesis 3:20---"And Adam called his wife's name "Eve" because she was the mother of all living."

Yet when Cain killed Abel, and in punishment was driven out of the land he complained to God that "any one that findeth me shall slay me." (4:14)

Are you suggesting that Cain was afraid of getting mugged when he was bannished into the ghettos of Eden?

If the first people on this planet were Black then perhaps the mark put upon Cain was the reverse of what some people believe, maybe lighter skin was "the mark" of Cain.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
genesis is not vague about time it gives a day by day account of earths creation and man's creation and the faith to believe in this science thing is a greater amount of faith that there is just so much order everything just happens to work so good for everything all on it own that takes waaaaay to much faith but oh well put you faith in what you want

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Let me be more precise Lilitu..........the issue of "white" nazi's is not relevant to the issue at hand. The issue for discussion is when was the adam in the garden created vs the rest of the humankind in the creation model. This is far more important than a bunch of idiots in pillowcases.

But I prefer hawaiian punch in to old 32 oz can................

I think it is relevant considering the theme of this forum. You know, C on s p i r a c i e s in Religion? What you have at that site is a white supremacist group conspiring to bait the unwary with a retooled interpretation of Genesis designed to foster the belief that the white race is god's chosen race. The master race LOL!

Discussion of creation models is fine but surely you can find a better source than a christian club for anti-semitic knuckle draggers, unless of course racism is the underlying agenda here. I would personally be profoundly embarrassed to post a topic for serious discussion only to have it pointed out to me by another that the link I posted was for a white supremacist group and on the FBI domestic terrorism watch list no less.

Oh but let's not discuss conspiracies.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Lilitu]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Yup, you got it. It's a white supremacist church. They seem to have selected a few semi-swastika images for their site, even.

Heliosprime really needs to start finding better sources. He seems to have a rather high incidence of these sorts of sites.

Anyway, with hte question at hand, I'd always figured that Adam and Eve were the first of the "chosen people" amid a large number of other people.

And then the God of Genocide drowns all those other people for Noah to repopulate the earth with his immediate relatives.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Lilitu

Anyway, with hte question at hand, I'd always figured that Adam and Eve were the first of the "chosen people" amid a large number of other people.

And then the God of Genocide drowns all those other people for Noah to repopulate the earth with his immediate relatives.

And the rainbow is a promise that Man will never again face destruction by water, next time it will be by fire.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Aren't floods and contaminated water still some of the leading causes of human deaths? Ah well. I find it hard that a god who can't keep his people from wandering around in a little bitty desert for forty years can manage to do anything on that sort of level. Dude needs to have a chat with Njord.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Heliosprime really needs to start finding better sources. He seems to have a rather high incidence of these sorts of sites.

Nice try at a cheap shot, "GO POUND SAND"...........

Now take a shot at this site.......

assemblyoftrueisrael.com...

And this site......

www.religioustolerance.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join