It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenyan beer stirs Obamamania

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Kenyan beer stirs Obamamania

news.bbc.co.uk

The close battle between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton to secure the Democratic nomination for the US presidency is captivating many across the world.

The charismatic Illinois senator is drawing big crowds at campaign rallies in a phenomenon known as Obamamania.

Kenya, where Senator Obama's father came from, is not immune from this either, but here, another Obama is riding on the crest of a wave.

This one, though, comes in the form of a brown bottle and is called Senator beer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Well, it could be said since the Senator Beer is being called Obama, that the candidate Obama is using alcoholism to drum up support in Kenya, where his father came from. Or it is the company trying to grab as much coin as possible from the poor. Or coincidence. I think I will let the individual reader decide on this one.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Obama-cam, Obamamania... what's next in the "Obamatization of America"? Reminds me of when Trudeau could do no wrong... even more of JFK. Now if his people would just stop reusing old speeches that are on public record... the guy speaks really well. Liked him since DNC2004. I'm not easily impressed. This guy has the "it" that makes mainas happen.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 21-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Yes there is Obamamania, and should he run the distance, there will be Obamatization of the U.S. He is a good speaker and that may be part of his success. I don't think that will have anything to do with weather or not he will be good at the job he is trying for.

top topics

join