It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality or Slip and Fall?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Police Brutality or Slip and Fall?

abcnews.go.com

A Louisiana police officer was fired after a woman, who was pulled over on the suspicion of a DWI, ended up with two black eyes and bruises to her face while in police custody in November. What makes Angela Garbarino's injuries and situation more curious is the fact that Shreveport police Officer Wiley Willis turned off the interrogation-room camera after he and Garbarino exchanged words.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The good news is the cop was fired (although he is appealing that decision) The bad news? No charges are being filed against the officer what is an obvious case of assault. Just the fact that this officer turns of the camera after having words with the women, then when it comes back on she is obviously beat up. Do you really need anything more?

I have fallen down many times due to drunkenness and even clumsiness and not once did I get two black eyes from it. This story is absolutely ridiculous. If the cops walked into my house and found a women handcuffed on the floor in a pool of blood and I was the only person standing over her, is there any doubt in anyone's mind that I would be arrested?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Here is a poor quality you tube video, butt he audio is better than the one on ABC news that is linked in the original post, you can hear her getting banged up against the walls, from where I sit it is pretty standard procedure in the US police state.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by MrWendal]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
holy crap! those images of her after the event are crazy! I mean, ive been in some serious fights, but she must have taken a serious beating, including a few punches/kicks right to the face for those bruises.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

The good news is the cop was fired (although he is appealing that decision) The bad news? No charges are being filed against the officer what is an obvious case of assault. Just the fact that this officer turns of the camera after having words with the women, then when it comes back on she is obviously beat up. Do you really need anything more?

That's the problem with the idealised privacy that people want. There is no proof that the woman did not hit herself. It really works both ways to fit whichever agenda you want. We can speculate whichever way we want.

This would be why monitoring shoud be mandatory in all situations, yet, it would be an invasion of privacy. Not as much control, as it as much truth. A god's eye view of reality... too bad it is an invasion of privacy... is it really?

The fact is that if you really want privacy (and evidence of privacy)... you have to let your privacy go.

Until we come to terms with that, there will always be.... disruption.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Here's the story from local news.

www.ktbs.com...

There is a good chance that she fell face first and broke her nose, hence the black eyes. Either way the officer has been fired.

Yay Shreveport, police brutality and the B-52 nuke mess.

Maybe we'll have some good news oneday

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by benign.psychosis

That's the problem with the idealised privacy that people want. There is no proof that the woman did not hit herself.

PLEASE explain to me how a women who is handcuffed behind her back can punch herself in the face? I have seen some amazing things in this life, but I don't think Chris Angel could even pull that one off. Are you serious? Did you watch the video?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I hate to be the one to bring this aspect up, but f*** it, it needs to be said.

Why is it that the dozens, if not hundreds of times this same thing happens to a young black or brown man it's never noticed, but when it's a blond white woman it all of a sudden becomes national headline news? I can't tell you how many times I've seen people walk away from brutal police attacks and end up looking just like this (except a little darker).

And I don't want to hear people say I'm playing the race card, because it's not a race card, it's a major MSM conspiracy. They know what will tug at the heart strings of the nation, and it has a certain type of victim. Kidnappings, Assault, murder. The only one's who make it to the front page are definitely a certain type.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Remember the girl who choked herself while handcuffed from behind and to a wall. she fell to.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Watch the video carefully. He's toying with her, throwing her around with her hands behind her back instead of safely securing her. He turned off the camera and beat her like he wishes he could beat every loudmouth, lying, w@#re that pisses him off.

The previous poster is right about race, but believe me they don't discriminate in that part of the south. Police in Gulfport, MS like to put paper bags over the head of black men and spray in mace untill they vomit to death.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

You are 100% correct, my friend. It's as wrong for a cop to beat a black male as it is to beat a white female. However, I think it's safe to say that most of the people who refuse to see the police state coming or even worse, the people who want the police state, tend to be white.

The fact that most cops seem to see the citizen as the enemy should be nothing new to most black people in this country. The white people are the ones who need to see what really goes on. These vids of white females being abused is certain to provoke more of an emotional response among the greedy old white guys who seem to be making the rules than vids of black males getting abused.

Eventually, some Barney Fife somewhere is going to pull their power trip on the wrong gal. They are going to mess up and mess with the daughter, wife, or mistress of someone really powerful. That is when this stuff will really get noticed, when it hits a lot closer to home, like it does with our black citizens almost daily.

I don't think you pulled the race card, Ras. No one has to pull it. That card is always in play in this country, for good reason.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm not so sure I buy the police brutality excuse on this case.

The woman crashed her car. The officer thought she was drunk. She cannot walk in a straight line. She refuses to take a breathalyzer test. She starts yelling at the officer. She resists being arrested. Even after she in handcuffed she keeps trying to leave the room. Where she is going with her hands handcuffed behind her back is anyone's guess. She refuses to the breathalyzer test one final time so the officer turns off the camera. She tries to leave again and this time slips on the tile floor and falls face first into the floor. Her hands are behind her back so she cannot stop her fall. Once she fits the floor she breaks her nose and cuts her face - the broken nose is what gives her the two blacks eye - that's what happens when your nose is broken.

This doesn't seem like police brutality to me. This is what happens to drunk people who keep resisting. Although the police officer should have had better control of the woman who was obviously in an emotional state and handcuffed. That's probably why he was fired.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
your right bro ann goldbaum stomped her feet and yelled to so she desreved to be chocked right.

Any cop i see i will tell to f off.

I hate cops i hope they all die sorry just the way things are.

cops are crooked and desrve to die.

bullies in highschool who thinks its still kool to bully women and black men.

Cops i hate them always have always will.

air of scumbag mentality.

Im sick of NWO lovers comming here and defending this filth.

Wake the F up will ya.

Cops are not your friends.

stop defending this filth.

Of course a mod will edit my post I said something bad against police state and the NWO.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by NWOmaskedman]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm no expert in the field, but even before he turns the camera off, it looks like there are three or four edits in the film. By the time he comes over and grabs her arm while she's sitting in the chair, when she starts screaming, "Don't touch me," I think that's more fear than belligerence. I worked in a county jail in OR and the things I witnessed were enough to make me quit. First thing they told me, if there's an "incident", ie., taking down an arrestee, you are to look the other way, literally, until it's over. I watched.

I know I personally would now be more afraid in police custody than I would've been a month ago.

Rasobasi420, I understand what you are saying and you are correct. AmbientSound said it best, imho.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOmaskedman
your right bro ann goldbaum stomped her feet and yelled to so she desreved to be chocked right.

Any cop i see i will tell to f off.

I hate cops i hope they all die sorry just the way things are.

cops are crooked and desrve to die.

bullies in highschool who thinks its still kool to bully women and black men.

Cops i hate them always have always will.

air of scumbag mentality.

Im sick of NWO lovers comming here and defending this filth.

Wake the F up will ya.

Cops are not your friends.

stop defending this filth.

Of course a mod will edit my post I said something bad against police state and the NWO.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by NWOmaskedman]

A MOD SHOULD edit your posts. You hope all cops die? Are you flippn serious? There are cops HERE posting amongst you that are VERY good people.

Oh, by the way. Many of my friends are cops and they are very good people.

Sounds like you have some issues that need to be dealt with.

Sorry to all the cops here that have to read a fellow member wants you to die.

Absolutely ridiculous!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Please remember when posting.

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Terms and Conditions

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

Looks like she had good enough balance to sit down, get back up, find a door knob and was coherent enough to acknowledge and disobey commands given by the officer. Balance it seems good enough to pull away from a the decisively bigger officer numerous times with force and not fall down. It doesn't make sense why an officer would shut off a camera only to turn it back on again, either. Given the officer was throwing her a round a bit before, steadily increasing the severity of his shoves through out the video, I'd lean more towards the cop taking the piss out of some defenseless woman that was irritating him, rather than I would some miraculous fall breaking nose, teeth, blacking eyes full out, gashing her forehead, and causing induced swelling on the outside of her right eye socket. That doesn't sound like A fall, but multiple ones. And in "falls" I mean blows. Get real.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
When will it be enough?!!! When is America going to WAKE UP?!!! These are not isolated incidents. These are isolated cases of the rare instances when the cops actually get caught, and still nothing is done about it!!!

I am sick of it.

Here is a thread I posted a few days ago, on how the system is designed to protect criminal cops.

Prosecutions by private attorneys pose dilemma ("Police-State" Update)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The policeman assumes responsibilty for that woman as soon as she is in his care and even more so after he cuffs her. Especially when she is thought to be "under the influence" of a controlled substance and her arms cuffed behind her back. This policeman failed to perform his duty and was let go. We should be grateful for that. Until anybody can prove that there are multiple contusions on the woman, or that the cop had actually was responsible for those injuries, we should all bite our tongues and see how this plays itself out. I have a very strong opinion on this matter already, but I realized after my first initial post that any assumptions will probably lead to pointless arguing.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOmaskedman

One of my best friends is a policeman, and he's a pretty popular guy; lots of friends and very charasmatic, known him for 15 years and he's nothing short of a good good guy!

I guess not all cops are meant to be cops though.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join