It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDEA: BTS Amateur Film Contest? (If interested, reply)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm considering running a BTS Amateur Film Contest. Most likely it would be something on the order of a "Video Race" where, once I had the list of all the contestants everyone would be made to know that on X Date I would reveal:

• The Phrase
  • The Prop
  • The Location

Each submission would have to be a minimum of Y minutes, and a maximum of Z minutes, and would have to completed and posted within a certain number of days from Date X. To qualify, each submission would have to have "The Phrase" somewhere in the dialogue, they'd have to have "The Prop" visibly used at some point during the film, and at least one scene would have to take place at "The Location".

EXAMPLE ONLY:

1) On, April 16th I announce a 7-day Video Race
    The Phrase = "We need more anchovies"
    The Prop = an umbrella
    The Location = a body of water
    Running Time = 3-5mins.

2) Over the course of the next 7 days, people post a YouTube video link to their contest entry, which is authenticated by one of the main characters introducing the film in-video as being their BTS Video Race contest entry.

3) On April 23rd, the contest closes.

4) Judges grade each film on things like originality, depth, writing, directing, acting, cinematography, audio quality, use of phrase, use of prop, and use of location.

5) Winners get... I dunno. Something. I'm shooting for something like "Your video on the ATS Premium Video Feeds" or something like that, but you never know... maybe it would even be something tangible or maybe it'd just be points. This will largely depend upon the degree of interest this idea generates, but the main point of the contest would be bragging rights and the chance to show off your skills.

So how about it? Is anyone interested in this idea?

• posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:01 PM
    link   
    I'm down 'wid that

Providing I have the time, count me in.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:17 PM
    link   
    I like it.

It would be fun to see what the members can come up with. Throw in some ATS related props etc. (Tinfoil!)

Who knows!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:00 PM
    link   
    Great idea! though i would encourage more freedom and more time though, i am making a movie now, though i doubt it would be done in time for any contest in the near future! lol

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:58 AM
    link   
    This sounds like a really good idea, and how fun to see that develope,

top topics

join