It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights Templar & The Turin Shroud ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The Vatican has admitted that the KT did indeed have custody of the Shroud for a period of time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check out the thread and the article, quite fascinating for anybody interested in this subject.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Did anyone see the Special on history or discovery last night (maybe it was a rerun) about Da Vinci possibly forging the shroud? Thought that was pretty interesting.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Forgive my confusion here, but I have a question...

How is it that Jacques de Molay's image, hair and all, could have been copied to a cloth, AFTER he had been burnt to death? This doesn't make sense to me.

As far as it being the image of Jesus Christ, I don't believe that either, as Jesus didn't advocate the use of imagery as a means of worship. It too closely resembles idolatry.

Just my thoughts though...

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Forgive my confusion here, but I have a question...

How is it that Jacques de Molay's image, hair and all, could have been copied to a cloth, AFTER he had been burnt to death? This doesn't make sense to me.

As far as it being the image of Jesus Christ, I don't believe that either, as Jesus didn't advocate the use of imagery as a means of worship. It too closely resembles idolatry.

Just my thoughts though...

TheBorg

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It's going to be kind of hard to have an after death imprint on a cloth when his body was totally burnt to a crisp. Well, may be not to a crisp but not enough to be identified. Either way, horrible death.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
strange,

I saw a show on the shroud of turin just the other day on discovery that claimed
it was a hoax made by the master leonardo davinci.........anybody else see that the other night? maybe google it; i dunno what to think

bry

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by studentofcrim25

Actually there wasn't a huge fire when they burnt Jacques De Molay at the stake and it was a small fire below his feet and Phillip the Fair (called Fair because of the complexion of his skin and not his moralistic fairness) wanted him to die a terrible death and it roasted his insides and intestines until he died of all his organs exploding. This probably makes more sense due to the historical sense of him condemning Phillip the Fair and Pope Clement to death within a year since it took awhile for him to die. After he died then he was consumed by the fire until he was burnt to ashes.

His ashes were disregarded and a huge statue of Philip the Fair was placed on the spot of the burning of Jacques De Molay on the island were he was burned so that it would not be considered or made into a relic spot. I agree that there is no way that the Shroud of Turin could be Jacques De Molay at all.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
According to Knight and Lomas, the image on the shroud came about when Demolay was tortured and left for dead, not after he was burned alive. Their book, The Second Messiah, explains the process. It would have occurred in 1307 not 1314. They claim that the shroud was held by the Templars after they realized what had occurred.

If I can find my copy of the book, I could explain it a bit better but that is the jist of it. It didn't come from his burning but from his torturing years earlier.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Yea it would make way more sense if the shroud was dated to 1307 instead of 1314 because Demolay was burned at the stake on October 13 (Friday), 1307. So it must have been (if its even true) that they placed the Shroud upon him before then when he was tortured upon the rack, due to the Inquisition trying to get him to confess to claims of heresy and "evil-doing".

It's funny because i am a Demolay member (Order of Demolay), which is a youth group for young men between the ages of 13-21. We have a degree (2nd degree) in which we act out the play (which was written by a Freemason Dad Land in the early 20th century) of Jacques Demolay and other Templar's during their trial with the Inquisition. It's pretty interesting reading about the Templar's now days and the different theories behind them.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

Demolay was arrested, along with many others Templars, on the 13th in 1307 but wasn't actually killed until 1314. He was actually released for a while. The claim from Knight/Lomas is that after his torture, he was left for dead in the care of other Templars at the temple in Paris. The attendants, feeling he wasn't long for this world, placed the death shroud over him and, they claim, that is the Shroud that is worshipped today.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I guess it would be possible. Do they have any evidence of this besides the shroud? Or is it just a theory?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Yes you are right, sorry for the mixup sometimes my thoughts get ahead of my typing haha, but anyway it is very interesting indeed and it makes for a very possible theory. I havent studied to much into the shroud besides the overview and some shows on T.V about it as well. The only thing i just want to know is if they can do more tests and dating on it as well. I know they have dobe tests and found it to be more modern then thought, but that was due to the interwoven threads in yhr shroud due to damages done to it in a fire.

So only if we could get another sample would we be able to date the shroud more accurately. I hope that the church in the future will allow for more tests and not be so stubborn.

Btw...sorry for any typos or incorrect grammar where as i'm typing this from my IPhone while i am out and about lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join