It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mao offered America 10 million women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Amid a discussion of trade in 1973, Chinese leader Mao Zedong made what U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger called a novel proposition: sending tens of thousands, even 10 million, Chinese women to the United States.

"You know, China is a very poor country," Mao said, according to a document released by the State Department's historian office.

"We don't have much. What we have in excess is women. So if you want them we can give a few of those to you, some tens of thousands."

A few minutes later, Mao circled back to the offer. "Do you want our Chinese women?" he asked. "We can give you 10 million."

After Kissinger noted Mao was "improving his offer," the chairman said, "We have too many women. ... They give birth to children and our children are too many."

Interesting to say the least, Mao had offered the US 10 million woman. Had America accepted such an offer, maybe millions would have had their lives spared..

Absurd of course, but it is interesting to glean an insight into the problems China had, and has, in regards to population.

CNN

[edit on 2/15/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That note about what Kissinger wrote is hilarious! Kissinger noted that Mao had improved his offer...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Now, because of ultrasound, China needs women. situation reversed. We will trade our spoiled Paris Hilton and Britney types for cheap goods.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I wonder if he was truly sincere if it would have been like the mareil boat lift where they emptied the assylums and prisons? How many agents?

Whats surprising to me more than anything is the fact that Mao who was responsable for killing more of his own population would even bother. He hands down was a bigger butcher than many responsable for what 30 million plus deaths. What would 10 million more be to that total. It would have helped with thier population growth then and in the future for sure.

Due to the preference for male children, the female to male ratio is getting worse and worse in China

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just what we need here, more women.
They have babies, yeah, hasn't Mao ever heard of sterilization?
Spay them and like magic - no more babies.
There is already a man shortage.
They take our best and send them to the killing fields.

So Mao killed them. Why should we care? Why exactly should we lower our standards to save anyone?

Those with soft hearts frequently have soft brains too and ver bad foresight.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
China has to bring it's population growth under control, and that would sure help. I just have allot of sympathy for the men of China. It will become ever more difficult to find a bride and if he does she will demand the good lords ransom for her hand in marriage.

Still, Could you imagine the uproar if Kissinger had accepted?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'd of taken as many as my meager income could support and sell the rest on ebay.

But seriously though, is this for real. I never heard of this and why wouldn't kissinger give it some thought if it were true.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Okay,

I'll take'em

Just imagine how many businesses you could start for cheap with 10 million Chinese women!

And they would be pleased to do the work

But seriously folks,

Is this for real?

Can China actually do such a thing?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ahem

Please stay on topic.

many thanks
Fred

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Maybe they were running out of places to dump all of these dead bodies. So the easiest solution was to give them away. How sad

It certainly would have given a better life to many people.

And in regards to a man shortage. LOL. I have never seen it that way. I have never experienced man shortage. LOL I have often had the problem - too many men to choose from

[edit on 16-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 16-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

Is this for real?

Can China actually do such a thing?

Hey hey hey....

I asked questions too

Back on topic

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Yes, of course China can do this.

The government in China cares nothing about human rights.

Dizzie

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Just one thing here:

You guys realize this occured decades ago right? Some have posted as if it was a current event

dizziedame, I would have to agree with you there

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone

Those with soft hearts frequently have soft brains too and ver bad foresight.

I would rather have a soft brain and heart than hardened arteries and be to thick-headed to see past my own opinions.

We should care, because it is human. If you don't care, you are no different than the one who commits those atrocities.

And to think just because there are more women, means more babies. Well, not every woman is as loose as a lot seem to be here and now. You know, just because you can sleep with them, doesn't mean you should or have to.

Blaming women for population woes is a silly way of displacing the responsibility of the man, now isn't it?

I know that I was careful in my past thrilling experiences, I didn't impregnate anyone. So ... I don't quite see you point.

The offer was ridiculous, because humans are not a commodity.

I do see the possibility of a bit of espionage, but not like we don't do things ourselves. I doubt 10 million women is much of a trojan horse, but who knows what could have happened.

Amazing such a discussion ever happened.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The offer was ridiculous, because humans are not a commodity.

Actually, through out history, Humans have been treated as such.

American slaves where a commodity. Chinese peasents are a commodity, the millions murdered by Stalin where a liability, those used and abused by Hitler where just numbers and empty faces, nameless and forgotten.

Humans, treating other Humans like something more along the lines of "subhuman" is nothing new.. nor will it ever get old.

Lives lost are written off, forgotten and torn from the pages of history. Lives ruined at the hands of those that ought to be protecting them.. these are excused, the poor souls who suffered where the expendable ones for the better sake of society as a whole.

And who honestly is to blame, the tyrants and political systems established to enforce efficiency and not Humanity, or those who sit idily by as the world is torn apart with hate, destruction, pain and loss?

I blame those complacent in their rightful places.. who, because they don't directly suffer, right off their own excuses as to why they should not bother to help those being directly effected.

So long as we have an excuss in our minds that help us push it out of our own ethical delimas, so that we cannot fathom a single reason as to why it is our fault such tradgedies occure, we are complacent with the destruction of others, and keep a peace of mind.

The whole notion of a world without war, a world of peace, is an illogical idea, that is impossible to impliment. Once people are set in their ways, there is no stopping change. Change in politics, is never for the better of the people.. progress that appears to work for the better of the population, is usually a digression of the personal freedoms we take for granted. This happened in China. This happens all over the world.

You are right.. it is a Human matter, and what Mao offered shows how he viewed his people. Live stock that could be bartered with. The women are used as scapecoats for the real problem, just as every tyrant has someone to blame for their own shortfallings.

For the world to change, if it is to change, the biggest change needs to be on a personal level.

We need to stop being complacent with the raping of Human lives and Freedoms.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I must point this out.. because I laughed untill I cried when I clicked on it. Reading the replies to this thread, on the side, a bright pink ad.

I look at the add, and took it to be a adult meeting site like Adult Friend Finders or some crap like that.... but I noticed the name "chnlove"....

Clicked on it...

What is it?

A Chinese Mail Order Bride website! No joke lol.. ah, the irony. Here on ATS a Chinese Mail Order Bride site.. for a small chunk of change, you can pick out a Chinese bride, and have her shipped to America to do with as you please.

Maybe Mao got his wish?

top topics

join