It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(AIASP) The Ultimate Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The sirens flared as Adam Leigh ran through the laboratory with his colleagues, the new atomic element Adam and his fellow scientists had been working on had gotten too unstable, soon the whole complex would succumb to whatever horrors lay within the structure of the alien material. Adam thought about how this had all happened, the government had ordered Adam and his team of scientists to create a bomb capable of destroying a continent in one blow, to assume ultimate power over the world.

Possessing such a weapon would deter any rival countries from attacking for fear of their empire’s destruction, for such an explosive to be possible, a new element had to be found, it took 4 years of searching the planets of the solar system before they had found an element capable of such destruction, the answer lay within the gasses of Jupiter, in the solid core made of an element so pressurised it could destroy earth itself, Adam and his team had been working to reduce the effects of this destructive and highly radioactive material to the point of only destroying a continent’s surface area. But it had all gone wrong.

“52, 51, 50…” Boomed the PA system, and Adam was brought back to the present. The countdown timer had activated only 10 seconds ago, from the location of the lab that gave him just enough time to get out, if he ran. Adam and his team ran for their lives, they rounded the first corner, there were 3 short corridors between the team and their exit, in between these corridors were 2 rooms, the cafeteria and the foyer.

“30, 29, 28…” Adam was lagging behind, he was the last one in the group, all this running was not doing anything great for his asthma, as he rounded the last corner into the foyer, he took two deep puffs of his Ventolin and reached down to replace it in his pocket, but in the rush he accidentally dropped it, “10, 9, 8…” he didn’t have time to go back for it. The rest of the team stormed out the exit, but Adam, lagging behind, didn’t get out in time. “4, 3, 2, 1, LOCKDOWN INITIATED.” All around him the thick lead doors slammed down into their places, he was trapped, doomed.

There was a loud resonating humming noise coming from the walls around him, the sound got louder and louder until Adam could no longer bear it, he screamed out in pain and covered his ears in a feeble attempt to block out the terrible sound, then he felt a warm, sticky substance on his hands, he looked at them and saw the blood that covered them, his ears were bleeding, and then it happened. The lead door on the far side of the room, the one from which he had come in, simply crumpled and burst from its heavy duty steal frame, what followed was a blinding white light, the light shot through the room enveloping everything within its reach, this light however, was moving far too slow like a blinding mist cloud slowly spreading through the room.

Wooden tables instantly splintered as the light reached them, everything was disappearing before Adam’s eyes, then the light reached the fallen Ventolin canister, the small pressurised disperser exploded instantly and a very strange thing happened, the white light around the asthma puffer turned a light shade of blue, the blob of blue gas expanded to about the size of one square meter then, strangely, the gas stopped expanding, as if it was held in place by an invisible spherical force field. But Adam never noticed this, he was too worried about what would become of him if, when, the light reached him, but he didn’t have long to worry because just then the blue sphere of light enveloped him.

Adam closed his eyes and waited for the end, but there was no pain, the end did not come. He opened his eyes and looked around, as far as he could see there was only white, bright impenetrable light, all but a thin strip of black on the horizon. The air around Adam was warm, not hot nor cold, just the perfect warm temperature, the type that is very comfortable, Adam glanced back at the line on the horizon, ‘Is it just me or is that thing bigger?’ Thought Adam. And indeed it was, the black strip took up the entire horizon of this completely white place, and it was gradually growing in size, after a few seconds though, Adam realized that the black line was not growing in size, but in fact getting closer.

Adam stared blankly at the ever growing wall in horror, he had realized what was going to happen, the wall was going to hit him. He started to panic, he ran as fast as he could away from the blackness, but when he turned back he realized he had gotten nowhere. Adam didn’t know what to do so, as a last resort, he knelt down and prayed. He prayed that his death wouldn’t be painful, and that it would be quick. Then he stood up and watched as the dark wall got closer and closer, then when it was about 400 meters away, it sped up significantly, it looked as if a freight train was speeding towards him, but Adam did not flinch, he accepted what lay beyond this void and was sure that it was death. Then the blackness slammed into him, it instantly winded him but he regained his breath quickly, then he noticed that there was a source of light coming from somewhere, he looked around and saw nothing, then it hit him, he was the light source.

Adam looked down at his hands, there was a blue tinted light encasing him, it was like a see through glow, the only source of light in this black void, then as he watched the blue light got brighter and began to emit red sparks he watched in horror as his fingers, then hands, then forearms rapidly faded away, he looked about him self and saw that the space around him was once again going white, then he completely faded away and could not see anything but white, then in a sudden burst of colour he appeared naked in a beautiful landscape full of animals.

“Welcome to The Garden of Eden Adam” Boomed a loud male voice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i wrote that in one night so please understand if you find it a little short.

Roswell.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by roswell1]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
great story! it was a great read and very thrilling.

You should write a book about this!

thanks!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
thanks a lot, PureET it wasn't hard to come up with as a already had ideas for it when i started...

Roswell.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by roswell1

I really liked that, very vivid, I could see everything unfolding in my mind, really good story...

I know its a competition, but Im gonna give you a flag and star..

Regards,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I got the impression you were 'living' this story as it unfolded, my pulse was becoming rapid reading this one. As always you are one of the top's. *

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
thanks a lot guys, i appreciate it.

Roswell.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Ros what did we tell you, you sure can write! Great story man! Wonderful ending!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Bloody typical that is.

We can build a bomb that wipes man off the face of the planet, but can't cure freakin Astma!!

Sad but true. eh!

Good Story Dude

MonKey

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
yeah...asthma is bad, i have it, not bad enough to get attacks but...well lets just say i don't have very good capacity...

i gave him asthma because i have always liked a hero/ main character i can relate to.

I WANT A CURE!

Roswell.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Speaking of asthma...I'm losing my voice from the coughing now XD I also have asthma...

GREAT story ros, its got good imagery and you create some good suspense, you keep your reader's interest really well. Coupled with that, the fact that its not too long make it a very pleasant read.

My favorite has to be the ending though, that was brilliant, very unexpected

*applause*

--kit.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
** AD claps LOUDLY**
GOOD for you Ros!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
nice one Ros.

short, sharp and sweet!

mojo

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
kits, access and mojo, thanks, it took me a while to work out what to write about but once i got a plot line...well ^that happened lol.

Roswell.

join