It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby held in locked room at airport dies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Baby held in locked room at airport dies

www.honoluluadvertiser.com

A 14-day-old infant traveling here for heart surgery died at Honolulu International Airport on Friday after he, his mother and a nurse were detained by immigration officials in a locked room, a lawyer for the boy's family said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting. Welcome to the New World Order where everyone is a suspect. Pregnant Women, Sick babies, the elderly, and the paralyzed. How many more people must die before We The People stop our daily routine and take a real stand?

www.honoluluadvertiser.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I hope to God that the parents of that child make a huge stink about this and talk to the media and everyone. There is no excuse for this!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

What does NWO have to do with this situation? Are you blaming NWO because they didn't send a superman to save the baby?

Yes, a screwed up situation, crap happens. Blame the airport.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I agree. There is no excuse for this at all. You would assume that it can not be too difficult to verify a) If the baby is really sick and b) If the baby has a surgery scheduled. Unfortunately the article does not give us many details. I hope to be able to keep an eye on this story to see how it develops. I don't think there is anything more heartbreaking.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

These people were being detained! What does this have to do with the NWO? Where do you think that kind of power comes from to detain innocent people? Do you really believe this was a simple immigration issue? If so, how hard do you think it would be to verify these people's intentions and purpose?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I found the latest news on this story posted HERE The more details are coming out the worse this gets. There is really no excuse for this at all. I have not found any "official" word or comments on this case but I will keep looking. I can not wait to see what kind of BS they come up with to explain this.

I also must admit I am not too shocked that his story is not plastered all over CNN, MSNBC, and especially Fox which is right this second telling me all about Gary Coleman's secret wedding!
Is it any wonder why people marvel at American Ignorance?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Looks like ABC News has picked up the story.

Customs and border protection told KITV Saturday that the child had trouble breathing while being processed though the immigration checkpoint but there had been no delays. An autopsy on Micheal is pending.

No delays at all? They are locked in a room they can not get out of but they were not delayed in any way even though they had Passports and Visas as well as a scheduled surgery in a local hospital?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
come on, just doing their job. you know people stuff babies full of drugs and weapons these days, you can never be too careful.

(but seriously, this is appalling).

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Im sure not all of the facts are present. Proper documentation should have been presented if you were transporting a child for surgery. I mean, I would have had everything in check before even departing on the trip. In today's day and age, you dont know at what measures a terrorist would go to cause terror. Its that fine line. Sucks, but its the world we live in.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
there is nothing wrong with security at airports, including families, fer f**k sake islamic terrorists recently used disabled women in Iraq as bomb carriers- clearly there should be adequate medical/care provision when dealing with the young, sick and elderly though

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
probably muslim and the `security` thought let the *snip* die.

sounds about right for the forth reich.

they had passports , visa`s and the correct paperwork for schedualed surgery and they get locked in a room to die.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Styx
Im sure not all of the facts are present. Proper documentation should have been presented if you were transporting a child for surgery. I mean, I would have had everything in check before even departing on the trip. In today's day and age, you dont know at what measures a terrorist would go to cause terror. Its that fine line. Sucks, but its the world we live in.

Amazing to me that anyone would defend this at all.

Right. You just can't be too careful. Maybe if they didn't have their hospital documentation in order, they could be terrorists with valid passports and visas. Better lock them up. It's disgusting, and the attitude defending this behavior is the same ignorance displayed by the agents who perpetrated these acts. Sure, they are just doing their job.

There is plenty of job doing throughout history that was hard to understand for many of my peers as we grew up. Now I think I understand a lot better. People should learn about history, think about it, then use their brain to act with decency and common sense.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Are people saying that anyone with a baby now automatically goes through security/passport control?

Think people need to wise up, the death of a baby is horrific, however we do not know the facts, the baby had some respiratory problem, as babies unfortunately do

What exactly is it with people that they crowbar NWO bs into the death of a baby, which unfortunately can happen

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

they had passports , visa`s and the correct paperwork for schedualed surgery and they get locked in a room to die.

good display of ignorance, the family were from Samoa, hardly an Islamic area

[edit: removed censor circumvention from quoted content]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

gosh the sardonic nature of that post went straight over your head didn`t it.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Article with more details.

U.S. Customs Blamed in Infant Death

Futi born with a heart defect, a condition doctors in American Samoa thought doctors in Hawaii could repair, but the families medical mission ended in heartbreak.

[..]

"When they got to customs after about a three minute walk, there was apparently some problem with the visa waiver form for the mother," said attorney Rick Fried, hired by the Futi family to handle the case.

According to Fried, the Futis and the nurse were detained because of that "problem."

Fried said the Futis and their nurse had been kept in what they describe as an unusually hot room for about half an hour when little Michael began to have trouble breathing.

They said they tried to get help but the room they were put in was locked, and it took about five minutes to get someone's attention. An ambulance was called, but by then Michael was unresponsive and died a short time later.

"So if we add the times up, we have a delay of probably an hour of when this baby should have left the airport, and it's our position that the child clearly would have been in good shape in the time it would have been able to arrive (at the hospital). Why these people kept all three of them ... is just something we'll have to get into," Fried said.

Fried claims all the paper work to get the Futis into the country was finished before they arrived.

He said a visa waiver for Luaipou Futi had been approved and both Michael and the nurse have U.S. passports and should have had no trouble clearing customs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

No comment from customs as to why the mother was detained even though everything checks out.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by Harlequin

good display of ignorance, the family were from Samoa, hardly an Islamic area

[edit: removed censor circumvention from quoted content]

Blue order...I think he was Harlequin being sarcastic...I could be wrong! But here is some background on Religion in Samoa...for anyone who cares
www.samoa.co.uk...

I don't think this family had the baby boobi trapped or that the mother was strapping any explosives! Bottom line...sad situation that needs immediate investigation!

[edit on 13-2-2008 by realmatrix]

edit: fixed quote tags]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
behind every massacre,injustice or act of evil there is usualy low level minions who commit the acts on behalf of thier superiors or the system, and who's excuse is"im just doing my job".im just doing my job is the worst excuse of all,it means im not going to think about my actions as money and pleasing my masters is more important.

i gaurantee you those responsible for this event will say just that"i was just doing my job",well perhaps if they considered the whole,the duty to humanity as a whole they would have had the foresight to realise the baby was sick and needed medical supervision.but nay,the consider only themselves first,and those who directly benifit them,thier paymasters.

if we would all just be obedient to humanity,the virtues of humanity we all cherish...and not our overlords wishes,wel get ourselves out of this mess and heaven will be on earth and the demons will crumble.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
think people need to ease up there on the ott accusations, a baby died, there is nothing to say it died because of the actions of the airport staff

Wise up

top topics

<<   2 >>

join